The Spectacles Thread. - Part 2

thegardens3b

Master Member
Reaction score
Need some recommendations, looking around for new pair of specs.

Currently, owned a pair from Owndays. Does anyone have any bad experiences with Lenskart and Zoff? power is near 800ish budget-wise want to keep it near 300/400ish or even lower ...

It is possible. but the lenses definitely cant be the higher quality with better coating.. frame wise cant be too expensive as well.

chungsenteck

Reaction score
Is there any Budget for you? The max you can stretch to?

400 plus degree you can consider 1.5/1.6 index and I would recommend something that cost around 450-500. If you want something more comfortable then likely 600-700, but it will be really comfortable.
maybe consider Essilor Comfort 3.0? or any advice on this?

LaksaTitan

Reaction score
anywhere i can buy the zeiss driving lens at the cheapest possible price?

just received my eyewear ordered from US.
Which store did you ordered from btw?
Now no time travel down due to work considering to buy frames online and make lens at neighbourhood stall cos no need to make appointment

Sent from OnePlus 7 Pro using GAGT

cj_tune

Reaction score
Near-range on progressives not big enough

Hi,

I am 41 and very new to wearing glasses. My presbyopia finally bothered me enough to get a pair of eyeglasses a month ago. At that point I had trouble making out the date/day on my wrist watch unless I extend out my arm a considerable distance out. Reading the fine-print ingredients lists on medicine/supplement bottles was impossible or challenging. Optician determined ADD is +1 both eyes and I have 'slight' astigmatism.

Currently on Hoya Dynamic Premium lenses. I find it pretty good in the sense I can use it for daily to the point I forget I am wearing glasses now. I got used to it within a day.

What it lacks is when I do deskwork that is mostly computer screen work. I find myself tilting my head upwards too much and rotating left to right to read the on-screen text properly. It also bothers me that only part (about 2/3rd's at most of a 15.6" laptop screen) is sharp while the other parts get blurred a bit. Optician has already made nosepad position adjustments based on my feedback on the above.

Now, I am wondering if I should get a office progressive lens (Hoya Worksyle, Zeiss Officelens) to overcome this usage shortcoming, or just put that money into a better progressive lens (Hoya Lifestyle V+, Zeiss Superb) that is marketed to have wider clear areas for near-mid ranges. I prefer not carry more than one pair of glasses with me unless I really have to.

Any forumers that had been in my situation: love to hear your experience and suggestions on what to do (or to do nothing).

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Workstyle ROOM is good enough. Trust me, don’t take workstyle desk. The range is too short. With room it can even extend to slightly further distance too e.g. someone standing a metre behind your desktop or so.

Hi,

I am 41 and very new to wearing glasses. My presbyopia finally bothered me enough to get a pair of eyeglasses a month ago. At that point I had trouble making out the date/day on my wrist watch unless I extend out my arm a considerable distance out. Reading the fine-print ingredients lists on medicine/supplement bottles was impossible or challenging. Optician determined ADD is +1 both eyes and I have 'slight' astigmatism.

Currently on Hoya Dynamic Premium lenses. I find it pretty good in the sense I can use it for daily to the point I forget I am wearing glasses now. I got used to it within a day.

What it lacks is when I do deskwork that is mostly computer screen work. I find myself tilting my head upwards too much and rotating left to right to read the on-screen text properly. It also bothers me that only part (about 2/3rd's at most of a 15.6" laptop screen) is sharp while the other parts get blurred a bit. Optician has already made nosepad position adjustments based on my feedback on the above.

Now, I am wondering if I should get a office progressive lens (Hoya Worksyle, Zeiss Officelens) to overcome this usage shortcoming, or just put that money into a better progressive lens (Hoya Lifestyle V+, Zeiss Superb) that is marketed to have wider clear areas for near-mid ranges. I prefer not carry more than one pair of glasses with me unless I really have to.

Any forumers that had been in my situation: love to hear your experience and suggestions on what to do (or to do nothing).

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Alternatively, if there is ample space and height, you can lower your screen so it goes within your reading zone.(cost efficient). Though I would recommend an office lens instead still. A better progressive tier(lifestyle v+,superb,mystyle profile,x-design) no doubt would improve the field of view but still the intermediate zone would not best an office lens.

Hi,

cj_tune

Reaction score
Thank you, gangsterkia. Appreciate your advice on this. I will likely consider a dedicated office lens.

Slackersg

Reaction score
Been a reader of this thread for a long while and now I like to seek some advice from GANGSTERKIA and fellow knowledagble forumers.

Mid 40s who have been wearing glasses for more than 30 years.
In IT industry so most time in front of monitors and similar.

Been using owndays for past few years and decided to get my first proper progressive as I found myself keep lowering my glasses to read normal documents or my mobile phone.

I went to taka and browsed Paris Miki which is having some sale for lindberg frames. For those who are looking for Lindberg, can head over there to check out their 20% sale. Not linked to them in anyway and by the way.

They promoted their own line of progressive.
Like to know if their own line of progressive is worth it or go with Hoya or Essilor or others?
Same time, I like to ask if there's any ongoing promotion for progressive lenses as Paris Miki did not mention anything.

My last prescription were as follow:
S/C/AX
R -475/-100/175
L -600/-125/170

Sorry as I am noob to such and not sure what is needed for a more precise advice.

Kind of low on budget (around $800) so recommendation would be appreciated.

TIA!

3degrees

Reaction score
hello!

i'm currently looking for a new pair of sunglasses, can anyone recommend me some place i can go to? preferably an optician so they can properly adjust it to fit my face

thanks!

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Hey there, Jamco has a wide range of sunglasses with experienced optometrists and opticians to help you in choosing and adjustment.

hello!

i'm currently looking for a new pair of sunglasses, can anyone recommend me some place i can go to? preferably an optician so they can properly adjust it to fit my face

thanks!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.