The Sunglasses Thread

abygreen

Reaction score
Hi, where to buy/order Oakley plastic lens replacements for sunglasses? mine spoilt, but frame still okay. I tried online, but US can't ship to SG

trenzterra

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Do you know where I can make a pair of prescription sunglasses lens? My degree is about 500/550 and was wondering if there are any 1.67 high index options out there as my desired frame is quite big. For those brand names like crizal is there high index option available?

hauhau

Reaction score
does anyone know lobang for oakley/rayban brand distributor in Singapore? Plan to take a big quantity, any info please pm me, highly appreciate your help

magna_strike

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Do you know where I can make a pair of prescription sunglasses lens? My degree is about 500/550 and was wondering if there are any 1.67 high index options out there as my desired frame is quite big. For those brand names like crizal is there high index option available?

I will tell u, go for carl zeiss in jb midvalley. I just did my oakleys lens there, somemore can add prescription and engraving, all for 850rm.

twinklingstars

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I will tell u, go for carl zeiss in jb midvalley. I just did my oakleys lens there, somemore can add prescription and engraving, all for 850rm.

May I know which shop in JB mid valley?

I also want to make a pair of sunglass but my degree is about 800 for both sides, I have to make high index lens which is gonna be very expensive.

ecan07

Reaction score
Hi all,
Need some advice regarding prescription sunglasses.
Am always keen to get a good pair of sunglasses that suits my face but my problem is that i have quite high myopia and astig (myopia prob in the 700 - 800 degrees astig 200 or so).
For those with myopia and do wear sunglasses, what do you usually do? wear contacts and then normal sunglasses? Nt v used to contacts myself...
Anyone of you go for prescription sunglasses? If so do you know if any shops do one for high degree? I asked Rayban before they say they don't have anything for my degree level...

$ingaporean

Reaction score
Hi, where to buy/order Oakley plastic lens replacements for sunglasses? mine spoilt, but frame still okay. I tried online, but US can't ship to SG

I got 2 pairs of oakley sunglass, both pairs, the coating cracks and then came off after a short time. I will never buy an oakley again. I think there are better alternatives out there, like rudy project.

$ingaporean

Reaction score
I want to buy Ray Ban clubmaster metal. Saw in Amazon Singapore selling much cheaper than shops. Is it safe to buy ray ban from Amazon?

Kegler

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
oakley really crap....either lens peel or frame rubber come off....3 pairs all like that.....ask oakley can replace the parts, they just say no and nothing can be done

Any recommendations for sunglasses?

$ingaporean

Reaction score
oakley really crap....either lens peel or frame rubber come off....3 pairs all like that.....ask oakley can replace the parts, they just say no and nothing can be done

Any recommendations for sunglasses?

I thought rayban is good. Bought clubmaster metal recently. Love it.

But...

I went on to buy the rayban wayfarer asian fit, it no long come with a hard case. Disappointed.

Agree with you that oakley sucks. 2 of my oakley sunglasses have lens peel.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.