The Watch Thread - Part 13

Status
Not open for further replies.

slow_mo

Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2008
Messages
6,503
Reaction score
10
My vote goes to A. Lange & Söhne.

I enjoyed the video from Hodinkee about Watch Brand Pronunciation, learnt that there's another way to pronounce 'Jaeger-LeCoultre'.

Tongue twisters... J.L.C. much easier to pronounce.
 

coern

Banned
Joined
Nov 12, 2000
Messages
18,965
Reaction score
3,070
Watch-ing my sleeping baby 👶🏻

JyfCKfw.jpg
 

MrSenG

Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2013
Messages
491
Reaction score
0
Tongue twisters... J.L.C. much easier to pronounce.

Can always use their initials, 'AP, JLC, ALS', but when got brands like 'Glashütte', and the 'G' is silent, can get a bit tongue twisted.

I guess there's where gestures can be helpful.
DqUAEEz.png
 

slow_mo

Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2008
Messages
6,503
Reaction score
10
Can always use their initials, 'AP, JLC, ALS', but when got brands like 'Glashütte', and the 'G' is silent, can get a bit tongue twisted.

I guess there's where gestures can be helpful.
DqUAEEz.png

Can't point cos I don't have AP, JLC, ALS and G...
 

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2004
Messages
66,764
Reaction score
2,179

evolute8

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 7, 2005
Messages
9,933
Reaction score
4
Thanks, probably will drop by when I have the chance to do so

I've seen the SDGM003 in person when I was in seiko boutique in JP last 2 month, very nice finish on casing/bracelet. It was running on 6R15 and I already have another one with same movement therefore didn't buy it, but a bit regret though as the price is actually lower compare from buying online, it could make a nice gift for my dad...

SDGM001 I think is about the same as SDGM003 but different dial color, SDGM005/SDGM007 is a 500 limited pcs azabu tailor model, same 6R15 movement. SDGM005 can still probably found used in the jp market but SDGM007 is difficult to find now, I've been trying to find one for quite some time already.

That's all I know for the sdgm brightz model, hope all these info useful to you.
Thanks for the information. I shall get a SDGM003 soon, since I can't find a SDGM007. My first automatic/seiko watch!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top