The Watch Thread - Part 13

Status
Not open for further replies.

cichlid

Master Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2004
Messages
2,961
Reaction score
1,068
There is something that I like to share... Have you guys kept something away and forget about it till some years later? I found one of my quartz beater today.

154c5xf.jpg


I remember this watch for that instance where i knocked into my friend's new watch (the next day after he bought it) and left a ding. :s13:.

Wound this Swatch up recently and it's still ticking, from 1991 according to the dial. Lugs disintegrated.

cgpBXXf.jpg
 

Thinker

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
14,500
Reaction score
5
I’ve been looking at a few Speedmaster on Carousell’s and some of the older ones are being sold for less than 2k.

Is there anything I should look out for? I’m in the market for a 2nd hand speedmaster.
 

toughnut

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 14, 2010
Messages
661
Reaction score
0
Tried on my buddy's SubC Date yesterday..am really digging the wider lugs and cleaner bezel..at this point I'm liking the Sub C's wrist presence

You might remember me having owned the SDC too. It was my fav watch until I got bored with the busy bezel, satin dial and tall case. End up flipping it for a profit and moved to other watches. After several divers in between, I’m back to square one. The SubC but this time the Sub 114060. If you are undecided, suggest to keep the SDc and get a used 116610/114060 and decide again after few weeks/months. For me, I don’t regret it.

Y2eDo2X.jpg
 
Last edited:

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2004
Messages
66,764
Reaction score
2,179
I’ve been looking at a few Speedmaster on Carousell’s and some of the older ones are being sold for less than 2k.

Is there anything I should look out for? I’m in the market for a 2nd hand speedmaster.

Those are reduced speedmaster. Automatic one.
Not the original speedmaster
 

confusedboi

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2008
Messages
724
Reaction score
22
Thanks cyrenic bro. :) I still love my SD4000!



Thanks GX bro..am still unsure if the Sub C is going to be a short term love affair, but my feelings toward it are getting stronger lol



Thanks for the solid advice bro TRT. I'm thinking the exact same thing actually..plus the fact that one can do no wrong with a iconic classic like the Sub.

Tried on my buddy's SubC Date yesterday..am really digging the wider lugs and cleaner bezel..at this point I'm liking the Sub C's wrist presence more...

rg7PlZs.jpg

Sub c wears like a 42 mm although its 40mm diameter thanks to the wide lugs.. If you like wrist presence it will suit you well, plus the shiny ceramic bezel reflects light really well:D
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top