The Watch Thread - Part 13

Status
Not open for further replies.

babychimz

Senior Member
Joined
May 30, 2011
Messages
1,523
Reaction score
0
Have a good sunday peeps!
7Tohx9K.jpg
 

indigo22

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
39,146
Reaction score
7
think my post is rather out of place... but here it goes
I have a
Casio F-91W (yes the army watch)
Seiko Chronograph SSB079

I am thinking of replacing their respective straps with a NATO Strap
- I know for the F-91W, I should go for the 18MM
- Any idea what's the size for the Seiko SSB079? I am thinking of the 20MM

(and to replace the Seiko batteries/adjust the strap length, any watch shop would do?)

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00AFYHX7O

is it this? if yes, 20mm :)

replacement -> yes, any watch shop will do :)
 

slow_mo

Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2008
Messages
6,503
Reaction score
10
think my post is rather out of place... but here it goes
I have a
Casio F-91W (yes the army watch)
Seiko Chronograph SSB079

I am thinking of replacing their respective straps with a NATO Strap
- I know for the F-91W, I should go for the 18MM
- Any idea what's the size for the Seiko SSB079? I am thinking of the 20MM

(and to replace the Seiko batteries/adjust the strap length, any watch shop would do?)

You can use a ruler to measure the lug width for the strap.

Batteries... yes, almost all watch shop and adjust bracelet (I'm assuming you meant metal bracelet) too.
 

001_bh

Junior Member
Joined
Jul 18, 2017
Messages
73
Reaction score
0
If that's the price you wanna pay no harm trying luck.

Or you can always post the model here, see if people willing to share where else you can get for better price

Depends.. Discounts for different brands vary. From experience it's possible to nego further even after they've quoted best price, usually with the more senior sales associate as well as how familiar they are with you..

Like what cyrenic said, best to post what model you're looking at, the experts here can advise better..

hmm sometimes such discounts is also based on PR de...

say its last piece, and you and i both walk into the store at same time.
you are new customer, i am repeat customer.
guess who will be walking out with the watch? same applies for discounts haha

like what the others suggest, maybe u can recommend what price u have been quoted and what model u are looking for. legend has it that even Lobang King comes to HWZ Watch Thread to find lobang for watches :o

the right context should be the brand/model you are looking at.

haha alright thanks guys. its the hamilton khaki king automatic. recommended retail price is $720, was quoted $540. its the leather strap black dial one, not the one with the bracelet.
 

slow_mo

Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2008
Messages
6,503
Reaction score
10
hi guys i know its my 2nd post this morning. apologies if i am being irritating with the incessant questions, but i am completely new to horology so i am unaware of certain ways this area works. just want to ask for some advice/seek clarity and understanding

if say the recommended retail price is S$1000, and the in-store 'best price' is S$750, is it too much to ask for a slightly further discount, maybe up to S$700? or is 25% already a huge cut? do you guys actually further negotiate the price after the sales associate has quoted the 'best price'? the store is in a shopping mall, to add more context.

thanks!

Share the brand and model. Some here will share their experience with you. I assumed you have asked a few shops and found the best price for your new hoot, there is no harm asking for a better price provided you don't sound too aggressive.
 

wilflare

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 1, 2002
Messages
9,903
Reaction score
25
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00AFYHX7O

is it this? if yes, 20mm :)

replacement -> yes, any watch shop will do :)

You can use a ruler to measure the lug width for the strap.

Batteries... yes, almost all watch shop and adjust bracelet (I'm assuming you meant metal bracelet) too.

thanks! and yes, it's that watch shown on the Amazon link.
the online specs mention the lug width is 20mm but was concerned it may be too tight a fit with the NATO straps

any recommendations on where to get NATO straps (and get it replaced... or is it mostly DIY?)
 

Ed.YEO

Banned
Joined
Oct 1, 2015
Messages
8,713
Reaction score
0
Share the brand and model. Some here will share their experience with you. I assumed you have asked a few shops and found the best price for your new hoot, there is no harm asking for a better price provided you don't sound too aggressive.
一山还有一山高,这句話我们经常用在比喻估看他人是否比我们自己是否来得差,还是叫于劣势。
但是在買家对商家还是角色对调的世界,却是有"一价还有一价低"。
 

fade_white

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2005
Messages
46,201
Reaction score
5,986
I think we have a similar wrist size looking at the number of six o'clock links you have. I'm using a cheapo watch case though so the pillows are bent really easily and don't exert any pressure on the watch.
Just curious bro Ballgag, what is the largest watch you own in your collection? Since we have similar size haha.
 

doorsen

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2014
Messages
10,153
Reaction score
0
thanks! and yes, it's that watch shown on the Amazon link.
the online specs mention the lug width is 20mm but was concerned it may be too tight a fit with the NATO straps

any recommendations on where to get NATO straps (and get it replaced... or is it mostly DIY?)

If the NATO strap width is bigger than the 20mm lug width, you might be able to squeeze it in. My orient bambino has a lug width of 21mm. I was told that if I need to change the strap I can look for a 22m strap and it will fit just fine too, though it might be a little tight.

But guess still you'll have go down to the shop to see if they can help you fit ur NATO strap.


PS I might get a NATO strap for my orient too hahaha
 

indigo22

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
39,146
Reaction score
7
thanks! and yes, it's that watch shown on the Amazon link.
the online specs mention the lug width is 20mm but was concerned it may be too tight a fit with the NATO straps

any recommendations on where to get NATO straps (and get it replaced... or is it mostly DIY?)

normally if lug width is 20mm, fitting a 20mm nato shouldn't be a problem ba...

nato, everywhere also selling...
but PERSONALLY, i think blushark has the best quality of natos...
cheapestnato ship from sweden, but the price is affordable for a wide range of natos...

locally, i haven't had much luck with good + cheap ones...

hopefully someone here can share on any local source of natos :o
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top