The Watch Thread - Part 15

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justwatchsg

Reaction score
Hi all!

Have been reading this thread for quite a few months.
Recently I bought a skx bezel on carousell and got scammed. Partially cos of my stupidity.just here to warn others to get scammed by this bugger.

Username: alan_tong
He sold me a skx bezel and mention that he will polish the item to silver as it was previously some other colour. In the end the item arrived, he didn't polish at all and the bezel cannot even fit skx. The item also got dents and all. He mentioned it was new and listed as new.
Becareful of this dude. He will say need to transfer money first then he will say he press wrong and marked as sold instead of accept offer so you can't leave feedback (explains his 44 good review).
He will say he can only do mailing because he works three shifts.
I stupid and desperate and got it from him with the trust of humanity. Just putting out here so no one gets scammed.

I don't know how to insert pictures but will do so when I find out how.

Thanks guys
He is selling a uncle Seiko bracelet now and a nh35 movement. Both reserved. Pls let your friends know. The bezel he sent me don't even fit skx007. It's for skx013

thegodfather

Reaction score
Well ppl just compare the dial and finishing not the movement.
Then again I think I saw on seiya website is going for around usd$2k, that’s like sgd$2.8k

i think that is the regular one.. this has a Light powered Ecodrive panel udner the washi paper dial. the Quartz has a power reserve up to 7 months.

its really a very simple watch but the polish and finishing is top notch.. i haven't seen anything at this price range with these level of techncial spec and detailed finishing. Oh ya comes with 10 year warranty.

But again its not for everyone because a citizen watch at $3.6k not everyone can make sense of it they rather have a rolex datejust on the wrist which commands respect from the street :p

thegodfather

Reaction score
Snowflake is titanium alloy and Zaratsu polishing with similar interesting dial as well.
On paper there is not much separating the 2 besides the movement and price.
i think movt aside the seiko is much more expensive of the two. partly becasue the grand seiko is independent now and alot $$ been spend on global marketing where else the citizen is still largely a JDM model.

you cannot go wrong with either :D go go japanese makers!

cyrenic

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
AKioPT3.jpg

cyrenic

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all!

Have been reading this thread for quite a few months.
Recently I bought a skx bezel on carousell and got scammed. Partially cos of my stupidity.just here to warn others to get scammed by this bugger.

Username: alan_tong
He sold me a skx bezel and mention that he will polish the item to silver as it was previously some other colour. In the end the item arrived, he didn't polish at all and the bezel cannot even fit skx. The item also got dents and all. He mentioned it was new and listed as new.
Becareful of this dude. He will say need to transfer money first then he will say he press wrong and marked as sold instead of accept offer so you can't leave feedback (explains his 44 good review).
He will say he can only do mailing because he works three shifts.
I stupid and desperate and got it from him with the trust of humanity. Just putting out here so no one gets scammed.

I don't know how to insert pictures but will do so when I find out how.

Thanks guys
He is selling a uncle Seiko bracelet now and a nh35 movement. Both reserved. Pls let your friends know. The bezel he sent me don't even fit skx007. It's for skx013

take it up with Carousell? They have the records of the exchange.

Always have an offer locked in so that you can warn others.

pwillie

Master Member
Reaction score
i think movt aside the seiko is much more expensive of the two. partly becasue the grand seiko is independent now and alot $$ been spend on global marketing where else the citizen is still largely a JDM model.

Then I’m curious how the chronomaster out-shine the snowflake if the basis for comparison is not the same?
On the finishing aspect I have to say it is really similar after handing the citizen in yodobashi. I was looking for the grey dial version then.

slow_mo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
4d3c29408d2f11f4472049ea606aa5b6.jpg

Don’t have the washi paper dial of the Citizen Chronomaster, but it does have a different monogram dial. Not titanium but still light as the watch and bracelet is thin. Comes with Zaratsu polished case too. With a gold star on the dial, it’s rated at 5 spy.

Kind of a different feel from the Citizen Chronomaster, but I guess it’s just individual preference.

Ed.YEO

Banned
Reaction score
20190122_35b879b1c8354b8c2c7fk7pQk0HfbTm2.jpg

想給剛入手的pelagos日本乾弟換換乾哥哥的雪花鬍子咧。。。有沒有好介紹的?​

patryn33

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

What do you mean by independent?

patryn33

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i think that is the regular one.. this has a Light powered Ecodrive panel udner the washi paper dial. the Quartz has a power reserve up to 7 months.

its really a very simple watch but the polish and finishing is top notch.. i haven't seen anything at this price range with these level of techncial spec and detailed finishing. Oh ya comes with 10 year warranty.

But again its not for everyone because a citizen watch at $3.6k not everyone can make sense of it they rather have a rolex datejust on the wrist which commands respect from the street :p

Eco drive to quartz price diff is a good usd$1k
https://www.shoppinginjapan.net/the-citizen-chronomaster/

7 months? What I read is 5 years
https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/the-citizen-eco-drive-the-citizen-chronomaster-ab9000-61e

Eco-drive interesting spec
https://www.revolution.watch/citizen-chronomaster/
Quartz Eco-Drive A060; hours, minutes and seconds; perpetual calendar; up to 1.5-year power reserve

The 7mth thing You state is eco drive power res without recharge not the quartz movement
https://www.citizenwatch-global.com/support/pdf/a010/e.pdf

Anyway not seen anyone with a Campanola here

Last edited:

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
just got a solid wood watch case from JW today. $89 bucks

looks solid. can store big watches like big pilot or panerai up to 47mm

hY0MXt2.jpg

snowver

Reaction score
I prefer this one. Wears like a dream :D

Don’t have the washi paper dial of the Citizen Chronomaster, but it does have a different monogram dial. Not titanium but still light as the watch and bracelet is thin. Comes with Zaratsu polished case too. With a gold star on the dial, it’s rated at 5 spy.

Kind of a different feel from the Citizen Chronomaster, but I guess it’s just individual preference.

JamesTBD

Reaction score
Nice watch! What model is this?

WayOfLife!

Reaction score
Hi does anyone know where can I get the official Tudor fabric nato strap from? Anyone has any idea any AD is carrying it? Asking specifically for 20mm for my Tudor Black bay 58

Bought the watch on leather but wanting to try it on nato. Asking specifically for this colorway.

arn36VJl.jpg

Tia!

Sent from OnePlus ONEPLUS A5000 using GAGT

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi does anyone know where can I get the official Tudor fabric nato strap from? Anyone has any idea any AD is carrying it? Asking specifically for 20mm for my Tudor Black bay 58

Bought the watch on leather but wanting to try it on nato. Asking specifically for this colorway.

arn36VJl.jpg

Tia!

Sent from OnePlus ONEPLUS A5000 using GAGT

Buy from RSC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.