The Watch Thread - Part 15

Status
Not open for further replies.

patryn33

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
5yJY55S.jpg

New 3861 movement, not the 321 some ppl anticipated. A 1861 co-axial upgrade
https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/omega-speedmaster-apollo-11-50th-anniversary-limited-edition-introducing

hwaa

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
recently many air asia tudor 41mm floating on carousell. damn good pricing. :s13:

Henabi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How about the Speedmaster Mark II "Rio 2016"?
My brother in law saw it in Tokyo.
Pre-owned, full set. near mint. Going for 5.5K

Dunno the LE number.

Sent from Henabi virus using GAGT

Last edited:

Peripheral Symmetry

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm looking to pick up my first AP.

As I'm browsing through SGROC, I realize that AP Divers, Rubber clad and even Volcano are priced similarly.

Why is this?

Which model would you suggest?

Preferably, I would want a modem that retains its value a lot longer, maybe even appreciate in time.

Thanks!

hwaa

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
maybe will consider getting this limited edition speedy 50th.

that's if allocated. :o

Biogentic

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm looking to pick up my first AP.

As I'm browsing through SGROC, I realize that AP Divers, Rubber clad and even Volcano are priced similarly.

Why is this?

Which model would you suggest?

Preferably, I would want a modem that retains its value a lot longer, maybe even appreciate in time.

Thanks!
I think all not worth it. priced so high yet their set is so old. servicing gonna cost you 2k+ rather you pay abit higher for a newer set and don't need go servicing. go for those h i or k series set. i don't know about others but i like royal oak offshore 26470 can get 2019 series at 30k or 2017 about 25k can le. those 2013 or 2015 set just priced abit lower only yet warranty over and the price difference only marginal

patryn33

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
maybe will consider getting this limited edition speedy 50th.

that's if allocated. :o

https://usa.watchpro.com/omega-will-make-almost-7000-of-its-limited-edition-speedmaster-50th-anniversary-moon-watches/
Omega’s black, grey and gold stainless steel model is also described as a limited edition, but there will be 6,969 made. It will launch in September priced at $9,650 but pre-orders with 100% deposits are already being taken at Omega stores to secure one.

fatbastardx

Banned
Reaction score
I think all not worth it. priced so high yet their set is so old. servicing gonna cost you 2k+ rather you pay abit higher for a newer set and don't need go servicing. go for those h i or k series set. i don't know about others but i like royal oak offshore 26470 can get 2019 series at 30k or 2017 about 25k can le. those 2013 or 2015 set just priced abit lower only yet warranty over and the price difference only marginal

I had an AP ROO volcano once. G series, bought brand new about $25k, pretty hot at that time.

Had the crown coming off out of the watch a number of times. First few times, I just slotted it back in and screwed it in and it was ok, can pull to two positions and adjust time and date. The final time, I couldn't get the needle in the crown to connect to any part of the movement inside.

Luckily it was still under warranty so sent it back. They made me wait for 3 months, claiming they had to send it back to Switzerland etc etc zzzzz. Oh and they extended my warranty for me free of charge, which is now standard procedure for all AP owners.

When I got it back, I used it for a few months on and off, rotated it with my Alinghi and Safari, no issue. Until a few months or a year later, the crown came out again.

Luckily still under warranty so sent it in again. Waited a couple of months. Watch came back and I promptly listed it on SWX and SG ROC at a very attractive price, $18,500. Sold it within 2 days.

I believe that piece was a lemon and nothing like that ever happened to my other APs. Unfortunately the turnaround time for repair was just too long. Imagine what I would have to pay if the watch wasn't under warranty!

So the same piece of advice for Jaguar car owners would apply to AP owners too, when you buy AP, buy two pieces - one to wear while the other is in the workshop (which may happen pretty often)

Edit:- while the crown did not come out of my Safari, the watch stopped working. Since it was out of warranty liao, I sent it to the workshop that I knew could do AP, at Tanglin Shopping Centre. The other one was JW but the queue was insanely long.

The technician who knew how to repair AP at Tanglin isn't working there anymore though.

The repair cost me $1,400. Maybe half of what AP centre would charge.

Needless to say, pew pew pew sold it immediately.

Last edited:

Nakedtoes

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I had an AP ROO volcano once. G series, bought brand new about $25k, pretty hot at that time.

Had the crown coming off out of the watch a number of times. First few times, I just slotted it back in and screwed it in and it was ok, can pull to two positions and adjust time and date. The final time, I couldn't get the needle in the crown to connect to any part of the movement inside.

Luckily it was still under warranty so sent it back. They made me wait for 3 months, claiming they had to send it back to Switzerland etc etc zzzzz. Oh and they extended my warranty for me free of charge, which is now standard procedure for all AP owners.

When I got it back, I used it for a few months on and off, rotated it with my Alinghi and Safari, no issue. Until a few months or a year later, the crown came out again.

Luckily still under warranty so sent it in again. Waited a couple of months. Watch came back and I promptly listed it on SWX and SG ROC at a very attractive price, $18,500. Sold it within 2 days.

I believe that piece was a lemon and nothing like that ever happened to my other APs. Unfortunately the turnaround time for repair was just too long. Imagine what I would have to pay if the watch wasn't under warranty!

So the same piece of advice for Jaguar car owners would apply to AP owners too, when you buy AP, buy two pieces - one to wear while the other is in the workshop (which may happen pretty often)

Edit:- while the crown did not come out of my Safari, the watch stopped working. Since it was out of warranty liao, I sent it to the workshop that I knew could do AP, at Tanglin Shopping Centre. The other one was JW but the queue was insanely long.

The technician who knew how to repair AP at Tanglin isn't working there anymore though.

The repair cost me $1,400. Maybe half of what AP centre would charge.

Needless to say, pew pew pew sold it immediately.

My experience with AP watches is bad also.. I not looking at this brand anymore unless their QC really up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.