The Watch Thread - Part 15

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clinomania

Reaction score
Hey guys, any idea where to get the grand seiko pin buckle? Seems like the buckle in most Japanese stores are sold out.

Sent from Samsung SM-G965F using GAGT

cyrenic

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hello,

Wondering if there's any recommendations for seagull movement servicing?

Tried crawling through previous threads, but can't find much info. :(

Not much discussion as many people do not like China movement, but you can try your luck with the usual watchmakers. Suspect you will have more luck at Chinatown small shop though, I never asked K2 before but I'm quite sure Mr Goh may not take it in.

Can try to call first, in some cases depending on the exact movement, it may make more sense to just swap out for a new one, repairing may cost more.

edchys

Master Member
Reaction score
ZolddRrl.jpg

Am l guailan to ask buyer to check the website for more info about the watch? He asked for more photos and I provided him with more than enough photos.

Sent from HUAWEI ALP-L29 using GAGT

cyrenic

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ZolddRrl.jpg

Am l guailan to ask buyer to check the website for more info about the watch? He asked for more photos and I provided him with more than enough photos.

Bro, don't bother, buyers with a lot of non-specific questions 95% of the time not serious. Just buttering you up and wearing down your patience with questions so that you invest time in them. Then inevitably, they will sometimes wait a few days, ask questions here and there, then pop the "can the price be negotiated" or "give discount?".

So you're better off just not entertaining them. The moment they sense they're not going to get their way, that's when they say this sort of thing to see if you're weak and will give in.

I don't even bother answering non-specific picture questions anymore. Usually I provide quite a good description and set of photos. ANyone who asks more usually is a deal hunter.

edchys

Master Member
Reaction score
Bro, don't bother, buyers with a lot of non-specific questions 95% of the time not serious. Just buttering you up and wearing down your patience with questions so that you invest time in them. Then inevitably, they will sometimes wait a few days, ask questions here and there, then pop the "can the price be negotiated" or "give discount?".

So you're better off just not entertaining them. The moment they sense they're not going to get their way, that's when they say this sort of thing to see if you're weak and will give in.

I don't even bother answering non-specific picture questions anymore. Usually I provide quite a good description and set of photos. ANyone who asks more usually is a deal hunter.
Thanks bro, agreed fully

BallGag

Reaction score

A prominent member of a certain watch collectors' "group" made me a lowball offer for a watch once because he was "buying for a friend".

Approached me again after I sold the watch to passive aggressively suggest that he could have bought it from me at a higher price.

cyrenic

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
A prominent member of a certain watch collectors' "group" made me a lowball offer for a watch once because he was "buying for a friend".

Approached me again after I sold the watch to passive aggressively suggest that he could have bought it from me at a higher price.

Lol, not surprised.

If want to get the watch, offer reasonable price lor.

youcharkway

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not much discussion as many people do not like China movement, but you can try your luck with the usual watchmakers. Suspect you will have more luck at Chinatown small shop though, I never asked K2 before but I'm quite sure Mr Goh may not take it in.

Can try to call first, in some cases depending on the exact movement, it may make more sense to just swap out for a new one, repairing may cost more.

Ahh I see. Thanks anyway, will be dropping by K2 for my seiko servicing. Probably ask and see what he has to say.

Kyo_kusanagi86

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Speedy Wednesday
ROuVvSCl.jpg

Sent from "Please excuse the brevity and/or typo, as this message was sent from my mobile phone" using GAGT

Kyo_kusanagi86

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hello,

Wondering if there's any recommendations for seagull movement servicing?

Tried crawling through previous threads, but can't find much info. :(
Usually not worth to service seagull movement, just buy another movement or new watch. If repair charges exceed 100.. no point.

Sent from "Please excuse the brevity and/or typo, as this message was sent from my mobile phone" using GAGT

Kyo_kusanagi86

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I hope it's not from twca or roc sg ?

hwaa

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ZolddRrl.jpg

that's the fun of buying/selling watches in carousell. don't lose your cool over it. :D

slow_mo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
that's the fun of buying/selling watches in carousell. don't lose your cool over it. :D

Hahaha... luckily most of them that I deal with is straight forward and friendly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.