The Watch Thread - Part 15

Status
Not open for further replies.

All in a Day

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2014
Messages
14,850
Reaction score
1,560
Missed the chance to buy 5164 & 7 at retail several years ago :o

#regret

I duno how long is “several years” but honestly as late as 8 years ago, 5164/7 were much overlooked compared to his 57xx cousins. And imho deservedly so by design and with all due respect, the series’ name in a local context.

Just that with the current situation, they now seem to look so much more desirable.
 

atypicalsingaporean

Master Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2010
Messages
2,527
Reaction score
141
Truly "atypical", not "a typical". :s12:
No, haha. Still very much typical -- the grail (5164A for me) experience was an arduous one.

"We do target younger people, not in price range though, simply because I can not - a Patek movement has a certain value that I can not go below. But with only 45,000 watches per year, I can not supply watches to everyone so I have to choose what we do. With Patek, we are really at the highest level. I think we do have watches that we target to younger people, but young people than can afford a $30,000, $40,000 or $50,000 dollar watch – that is our range and I’m not willing to make a plastic watch. So yes we want to make younger watches, but in a Patek way.

It’s not a snobbery factor - last night I spoke to a client that said "I knew about Patek when I was 25 but I couldn’t afford it then." And yes, maybe he bought an Audemars back then or a Jaeger-LeCoultre, but he still aspired to get to the Patek level. It’s not that our buyers won’t buy anything else, it just means that they know that Patek is special, they will work for it ,and when they can afford it, it will mean even more to them.

Young people do buy our watches, our travel times and annual calendars sell very well with younger buyers." TS, 2012

100% accurate, including going with AP and JLC before Patek :s13:

I had wanted the 5164A since a couple of years back, but back then there was no crazy waiting list, and by the time I was serious about it (late 2018), you can't ask anyone in other Patek ADs for an Aquanaut without them sniggering/outright laughing at you.

With the Grand Exhibition in Singapore, the regular Aquanaut supply slowed to a trickle for the 500 pieces of the Singapore edition, so I had to wait for most of 2019, but finally my AD came through for me for my milestone birthday in 2020. :D
 

shinoku2

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 29, 2009
Messages
543
Reaction score
88
PO6PTjQ.jpg
 

Red Nails

Banned
Joined
Apr 11, 2015
Messages
7,117
Reaction score
0
I duno how long is “several years” but honestly as late as 8 years ago, 5164/7 were much overlooked compared to his 57xx cousins. And imho deservedly so by design and with all due respect, the series’ name in a local context.

Just that with the current situation, they now seem to look so much more desirable.

4-5 years ago :o
 

kashix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2007
Messages
14,390
Reaction score
4,133
That model was already discon,phrase wrongly 😅 what I meant was the auto watch I bought maybe 8 years ago

Wah haha as the Chinese saying goes, you act pig eat tiger horr :s13:

he have alot more.
the watch thread hidden dragon.

You sir, 1 of them! Hwaa wants! Hwaa gets! :D

That first one, he bought long long time ago. Now he has lots lots more!!!

Hahaha he gei siao, 1 normal seiko then suddenly GS come out :s13: hidden dragon!
 
Last edited:

Botaklion

Junior Member
Joined
Nov 28, 2019
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
Has any one got buying experience from nickalice before? I have a watch that I aiming for selling at a really cheap price.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top