The Watch Thread - Part 15

Status
Not open for further replies.

slow_mo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
http://watchesbysjx.com/2018/07/breaking-news-swatch-group-to-leave-baselworld-fair-in-2019.html

Switzerland’s biggest watch and jewellery fair will see its biggest exhibitor depart next year, according to NZZ am Sonntag, the weekend edition of Swiss newspaper Neue Zürcher Zeitung.

Swatch Group chief executive Nick Hayek told the paper Baselworld was no longer relevant or useful, given that the watch business has become “more transparent, faster-paced and more spontaneous”. Mr Hayek was pointed in his criticism of the fair, saying “”We are not here to amortise the expensive buildings by Herzog & de Meuron”, a reference to the Basel exhibition complex designed by the noted Swiss architect, which opened in 2013.

With 18 brands in its stable, including heavyweights like Omega, Longines and Tissot, the Swatch Group has the largest exhibition budget amongst Baselworld exhibitors, totalling some SFr50m, which includes travel and accommodation. The loss of Swatch will be a blow to Baselworld, the most profitable division of organiser MCH Group, which also owns the Art Basel franchise. Already in 2018 the number go exhibitors at Baselworld halved to 650, with many citing the high costs and poor infrastructure of the event.

... and Swatch Group will start their own watch exhibition.

arc13

Reaction score
Not going to make much difference unless u visit the exhibition. Just wait for the new watch announcements
http://watchesbysjx.com/2018/07/breaking-news-swatch-group-to-leave-baselworld-fair-in-2019.html

Switzerland’s biggest watch and jewellery fair will see its biggest exhibitor depart next year, according to NZZ am Sonntag, the weekend edition of Swiss newspaper Neue Zürcher Zeitung.

Swatch Group chief executive Nick Hayek told the paper Baselworld was no longer relevant or useful, given that the watch business has become “more transparent, faster-paced and more spontaneous”. Mr Hayek was pointed in his criticism of the fair, saying “”We are not here to amortise the expensive buildings by Herzog & de Meuron”, a reference to the Basel exhibition complex designed by the noted Swiss architect, which opened in 2013.

With 18 brands in its stable, including heavyweights like Omega, Longines and Tissot, the Swatch Group has the largest exhibition budget amongst Baselworld exhibitors, totalling some SFr50m, which includes travel and accommodation. The loss of Swatch will be a blow to Baselworld, the most profitable division of organiser MCH Group, which also owns the Art Basel franchise. Already in 2018 the number go exhibitors at Baselworld halved to 650, with many citing the high costs and poor infrastructure of the event.

snowver

Reaction score
Wa nice! Gxgx :D

Finally a watch manufacturer sponsor me a watch, albeit a entry level one.
My colleague lend me his war world 2 goggle and leather gloves for these shots.
https://farm1.staticflickr.com/857/29815033688_af0607c69e_h.jpg[/img

My Damasko
[img]https://farm1.staticflickr.com/932/28795644707_9ffcca30fc_h.jpg[/img[/QUOTE]

arc13

Reaction score
SGDPE1V.jpg

joshua182

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if we do meet again, haha

thanks guys!

So excited when GrandSeikoUSA contacted me, but they just wanna repost my GS shots nia , haha

I hope you didn't give those shots away for free!

I mean sure, maybe you might not wanna ask for money at this point in time but you could try for a couple favors or smmah lol.

cichlid

Master Member
Reaction score

I mean sure, maybe you might not wanna ask for money at this point in time but you could try for a couple favors or smmah lol.

Most company, especially small ones, looks for free one, i turn them down, :s13:

Johnpierpontmorgan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Ask them to send their latest GS models to try wear n take photo

springonion

Reaction score
IlvSM79.jpg

Been looking for a simple blue dial stainless steel watch for daily wear. Manage to narrow down the above which is around my budget. But cant make up my mind, could bros here share some opinions thks. :D

milky25

Master Member
Reaction score
IlvSM79.jpg

Been looking for a simple blue dial stainless steel watch for daily wear. Manage to narrow down the above which is around my budget. But cant make up my mind, could bros here share some opinions thks. :D

I will take rolex. logo nicer. markers nicer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.