The Watch Thread - Part 15

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyo_kusanagi86

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Exploring Wednesday
dCIh8yIl.jpg

Sent from "Please excuse the brevity and/or typo, as this message was sent from my mobile phone" using GAGT

tictactor

Master Member
Reaction score
what are some watches for student? here all rolexsss :s22::s22:

check out these links!

affordablewristtime

https://yeomanseiko.com/

personally imo watches like SNZG13/15, SKX007/009, timex, casio, citizen, orient watches are good entry levels ~250-300.

the seiko 5 series has a wide range of models that could catch your eye!

edit:
oops, just saw your budget of ~200 - you can get an orient bambino (dress watch) or if you're into a diver, maybe the SNZF15 (or its variants) or even the Orient Ray divers for around that price as well!
Search carousell and you can find good deals on some of these watches.
People here recommend j.llee ;) but there are other watch sellers on there as well!

Last edited:

Henabi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
when it comes to Omega, which watch is more worth while to buy?

Speedmaster?
Seamaster?

btw, looking to watch as a dailybeater, don't intend to flip

cyrenic

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Speedmaster?
Seamaster?

Of these 2 I will pick the Speedmaster.

But worthwhile or not depends on individual..

slow_mo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Speedmaster?
Seamaster?

Someone once said that the Speedy looks like a Swatch Watch...

I wanted to ask why not the BB58? Then I realised that you already have a Tudor.

Seannie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Christ...how thick can you be.

I had already clarified my position, that my advice is not for the dai low like pwillie and gaoxing84 and you perhaps, who obviously have a lot of money to burn on worthless buys.

My advice is for those average man in the street watch noobs who come in here asking whether they should buy a $6k Tudor as it's quite substantial sum for them, you see. And the dai lows are giving them watch advice from a millionaire's point of view while these impressionable noobs are eagerly lapping it up. That is highly irresponsible of these dai lows.

These noobs who can't make up their minds over a $6k watch are the people who need to worry about the value of their watch purchases. They don't seem like the type who would be able to tank a job loss or job switch to Grab driving. Their $6k purchase could quickly become $2k or $1k when it's time to dump. Just like what pre-owned Tudor prices were the past decade until Rolex decided to pump new RRPs up a notch.

Oh, that is assuming the pre-owned dealers are willing to take in Tudor at that point in time.:o

Sadly i am one of those average man in the steet watch noob who came in looking for an answer. After asking many questions and getting ridiculed, i purchased a tudor 3 years ago which is still serving me well. Dont think its waste of money. Wasted more $ buying other stuff instead.

Until now, still cant afford a rolex. Maybe save for another 10 years to get a datejust. By that time everyone here already uncles.

Henabi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Someone once said that the Speedy looks like a Swatch Watch...

I wanted to ask why not the BB58? Then I realised that you already have a Tudor.

Speedy... like a Swatch watch?!?! Seriously... then I am sure APROC/ROO should be like. G-shock lolx

Nah....I sold me diamond Tudor about 2 years ago...

To a fine gentleman who works around Tanjong Pagar :)

Sent from Henabi virus using GAGT

Last edited:

Henabi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If it's speedy.... Should I get
- Speedmaster Professional 35th /40th Anniversary? Or
- speedy Calibre 321? Or
- Snoopy? Or
- Moonwatch?

Sent from Henabi virus using GAGT

Seannie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sure. Can intro me?

In life there are winners and losers lah.

Having been a loser before holding all these worthless watches from fugged up brands, I don't want to repeat my mistake.

You can go bring all the newbies here to horlan ba. At the same time, you can console them "dont sell, no lose!" "Watch collection is a hobby, not investment!"

You all can sit together staring at your fools gold equivalent of watches bought for passion and w@nk each other off and cum ba.

Wah sure boh, you say yourself until such a loser by holding so many watches from fugged brands. I only hold one fugged up tissot in the past. Spoilt within months. After that i decided to look for better brands for better quality and quite surprisingly i think tudor quality is good enough. Ofcos tudor much more expensive than my spoilt tissot and other brands i have like aries gold, citizen and casio g shock. But i think by paying much more we are also getting better quality stuff. Although admit that price and quality not proportional. Have to pay a lot more to get a decent quality. I mean its like you cant expect to pay a few hundred dollars to expect a good quality great finishing mechanical watch like tudor right?

I have been a loser buying other stuff in life but have learnt my mistakes as well. Now i try to save $ and only buy stuff that i really like.

PButterjam

Reaction score
It's fun lor. No one really needs it one la, just like no one needs automatic watch.

Android 9 seems to have problem with auto sync but Casio knows, so hopefully fix will come soon.

Anyways this piece cheap, just buy for fun. After all same module as the full metal G shock but much lower entry price. If lose job it is good for venting anger cos can never sell one. Can throw from top of building many times.

Anyways, I guess Bluetooth is a bit more practical than GPS or multiband,when it comes to time sync. When go overseas, the first thing most of us do is to insert local SIM prebought or data roam, you can cheap thrill and sync on the spot.

Multiband and GPS need you to find good spot to sync, so doesn't really work haha. That's why I sold my MTG.
Hahaha. Buy this, play abit of mods can be the similar to the "real deal" and also have the BT function.

Thanks so much for the input. Maybe next month pull the trigger!

Sent from Kaypochee using GAGT

PButterjam

Reaction score
Im in university haha. looking for something that can dress up or down, no need automatic. :s13::s13:
Btw modded seiko only for diver watches? :s11::s11:
U want up n down can consider orient bambino. Can versatile with metal bracelet, leather (by default) and also dress down with NATO straps.
Gshock is good for sports or sturdy enuff but not good for suiting up.
Seiko SKX is versatile too.

u need to see the dial color, the dial design (eg clean, messy, symmetry), the hands and many more considerations.

PButterjam

Reaction score
Oh yea! Timex is cheap n good too. Since u no need auto, can see those quartz models. There are pretty as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.