Status
Not open for further replies.

cyrenic

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
4dQTiId.jpg

learningdandy

Reaction score
I thought with the engravings etc quite obv it's replica...and the serial number on the pams not so big one eh. Dont need look at movement can see liao

Wa...seriously that'd have gotten me already man.

I was contemplating on a 005 but with a close ** I guess the fake one would have fooled me even more so. Jialat lol

Kyo_kusanagi86

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Polar Tuesday
uDVQ4zLl.jpg

Sent from "Please excuse the brevity and/or typo, as this message was sent from my mobile phone" using GAGT

andriod

Reaction score
I'm looking to buy a pre-owned laco pilot watch from a seller. I don't have experience in getting an automatic or mechanical watch, what should I be looking out for? I hope there aren't any fakes for laco, since it is not consider a mainstream brand. Any laco owners can share some guidance on how to tell a laco watch authenticity?

cyrenic

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm looking to buy a pre-owned laco pilot watch from a seller. I don't have experience in getting an automatic or mechanical watch, what should I be looking out for? I hope there aren't any fakes for laco, since it is not consider a mainstream brand. Any laco owners can share some guidance on how to tell a laco watch authenticity?

Which model? As long as got box and papers (esp from a reputable source) should be quite safe, it isn't expensive or popular enough to warrant a high quality fake. Just do your homework beforehand and make sure that things look legit and close to the real deal. If there are signs of poor quality or QC, that's a giveaway. Not hard to tell.

Also, buy the seller. Would stay away from new Carousell accounts. If he seems to have a ton of good reviews, and also seems to be selling legit higher end stuff, someone who can afford Rolex is unlikely to bother with a Laco fake.

If not confident, get an experienced friend to go along or don't buy.

Or buy, and be happy with it anyways, ignorance is bliss.

Last edited:

cyrenic

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Nothing new ah, chronograph will be higher price one.

https://www.omegawatches.com/custom...s-and-prices/main-steps-of-a-complete-service

For nonprecious material like steel - mechanical chrono will be $940 for complete service (I think before GST).

Which is why it is probably better to buy a Speedmaster under warranty or recently serviced. Play watch cannot just think of buy or resale value, servicing is no joke if you have many pieces.

Kyo_kusanagi86

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thinking of getting this and mod my speedy to snoopy then huat liao. Tempting.

ZXUiwzml.jpg

seAIlGgl.jpg

Sent from "Please excuse the brevity and/or typo, as this message was sent from my mobile phone" using GAGT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.