The Watch Thread - Part 15

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrGoondu

Reaction score
Greater range in dedicated boutiques. Discount more or less similar.

Ask yourself, future purchase likely same brand or different. If different, then shops like hr glass, having your records, may give you sweeter deals next time. No guarantee though, depends what you buy

Is there discounts in shops like hourglass or cortina ? I’ve previously bought a Cartier santos from Cartier and was told there was no discount so we paid the full price. So was wondering if hourglass have discounts then I might steer to them instead. I’ve long thought that there won’t be discounts for watches from iwc, Cartier , panerai etc etc

AleChi

Reaction score
Definitely there is. Depends on relationship and model you qant to buy as well.

Discount eats into sales exec's commission. Smart one will try to close deal, others play who blink first. There is max discount they can give.

Is there discounts in shops like hourglass or cortina ? I’ve previously bought a Cartier santos from Cartier and was told there was no discount so we paid the full price. So was wondering if hourglass have discounts then I might steer to them instead. I’ve long thought that there won’t be discounts for watches from iwc, Cartier , panerai etc etc

MrGoondu

Reaction score
Definitely there is. Depends on relationship and model you qant to buy as well.

Discount eats into sales exec's commission. Smart one will try to close deal, others play who blink first. There is max discount they can give.

Ah I see.. thanks for the advice ! Am looking at a pam submersible & a iwc pilot / Portofino as a daily watch

cyrenic

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
nZgXRom.jpg

cyrenic

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I checked online forum, it is USA brand but china movement.
Local agent cant repair, must send to HK for repair. cost abt 200++ :(:(

Can try the Chinatown shops to see if they will touch it for you. Might be possible. Doubt Mr Goh will do anything for you.

pwillie

Master Member
Reaction score
Greater range in dedicated boutiques. Discount more or less similar.

Ask yourself, future purchase likely same brand or different. If different, then shops like hr glass, having your records, may give you sweeter deals next time. No guarantee though, depends what you buy

Discount is very different between brand boutique vs generic AD

Kyo_kusanagi86

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi I would like to ask, im thinking of buying either a iwc or Panerai watch. What’s the difference if I were to buy it in the iwc or Panerai shop itself as compared to like shops in hour glass? Really curious
Panerai boutique will throw in additional strap 1-2 depending on your negotiation skills and 1x free servicing if you have another pam watch.

Sent from "Please excuse the brevity and/or typo, as this message was sent from my mobile phone" using GAGT

MrGoondu

Reaction score
Also just curious.. what’s the price range for AP royal oak? I’m looking at the royal oak self winding . After getting a panerai I’m thinking of aiming for one AP . Thanks in advance !

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Panerai boutique will throw in additional strap 1-2 depending on your negotiation skills and 1x free servicing if you have another pam watch.

Sent from "Please excuse the brevity and/or typo, as this message was sent from my mobile phone" using GAGT

machiam buy car hahaha

panerai no need nego, u wanna buy, say give me 2 straps. don't want i walk. lol simple.
the straps lame one la. outside buy so much cheaper.

unless you're talking about their rubber strap, the green color jin nice

MrGoondu

Reaction score
Thanks! Previously I went to AP website and didn’t click the models , didn’t know they stated the price .

pwillie

Master Member
Reaction score
Is there discount in brand boutiques ?

Maybe a token 5% for some brand boutiques

But generally the ADs are more generous with discounts, boutiques will provide better service/experience, and certain models or LE usually sold only in boutiques

there has to be some differentiation, if not they will cannabalise each other

Last edited:

discoburg

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone wanna get a strap? Free international shipping for orders of 2 and more. I want just 1 set.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.