High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
OjmtEon.jpg

Kyo_kusanagi86

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Tudor Tuesday
Fei36D7l.jpg

Sent from "Please excuse the brevity and/or typo, as this message was sent from my mobile phone" using GAGT

Kyo_kusanagi86

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thinking of picking up a grand Seiko. Should I go brand new or pre-owned? Hows the deappreciation and resale value? At least 40%?

Sent from "Please excuse the brevity and/or typo, as this message was sent from my mobile phone" using GAGT

shinoku2

Reaction score
I think it depends on which model you are considering?the more common models from what I know does not depreciate much in value like snowflake and the limited editions models like peacock or sbgh267

Thinking of picking up a grand Seiko. Should I go brand new or pre-owned? Hows the deappreciation and resale value? At least 40%?

Kyo_kusanagi86

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think it depends on which model you are considering?the more common models from what I know does not depreciate much in value like snowflake and the limited editions models like peacock or sbgh267
Definitely not the quartz model or limited edition models. Looking at the gmt models and classic 3 hands model.

Coughing out $7-8k for a GS not easy to swallow if deappreciation is hard wor.

Kyo_kusanagi86

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Love it when I see people buying watches and care about the depreciation
Haha I am a causal watch person, willing to spend and enjoy a time piece but after awhile if the watch doesn't bring happiness to me then off it goes. So thus gathering more information before Splashing out.

Lost quite alot of $$$ buying micro brand watch brand new and selling them off. Davosa, steinhart, squale...etc.

slow_mo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Definitely not the quartz model or limited edition models. Looking at the gmt models and classic 3 hands model.

Coughing out $7-8k for a GS not easy to swallow if deappreciation is hard wor.

Limited Editions for GS don’t really a lot cost more than its regular production pieces. Can grab a LE if you can manage to find one that you like.

miketay90

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
nice, what watch is this?

first time in this thread, any recommendations for a watch with the following characteristics:

- Low to Mid profile (ie quite thin but not very thin)
- Small to Medium dial (to fit my small wrist)
- Understated wrist strap (optional)
- any face shape
- interesting looking dial (bonus)
- Swiss (entry to mid level also can)

peaceheart

Banned
Reaction score
nice, what watch is this?

first time in this thread, any recommendations for a watch with the following characteristics:

- Low to Mid profile (ie quite thin but not very thin)
- Small to Medium dial (to fit my small wrist)
- Understated wrist strap (optional)
- any face shape
- interesting looking dial (bonus)
- Swiss (entry to mid level also can)
Zelos

Can consider Swatch. Jkjk
Take take a look at Hamilton, oris, fortis

peaceheart

Banned
Reaction score
anyone bought Nomos from the local AD?

any idea how much is the markup if any?

Cheers
I don't own a Nomos but went to Watches of Switzerland with a fren to enquire before. Iirc the discount is quite substantial, forgot exact % though. There's WOS watch fair at Tampines Mall right now fyi

likehotbutter

Master Member
Reaction score
I don't own a Nomos but went to Watches of Switzerland with a fren to enquire before. Iirc the discount is quite substantial, forgot exact % though. There's WOS watch fair at Tampines Mall right now fyi

Cool thanks! and today last day

lemme see if i can make it down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.