The Watch Thread - Part 15

Status
Not open for further replies.

hwaa

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone bought watches directly from the seller rather than going to an actual store?

How to validate that the watch is not fake? Even though seller say is brand new and got box and papers as proof, it should not be trusted right?

Anyone can advise please?

so many buy/sell directly.

if worried go for authentication.
if worried about authentication then buy from resellers with shop.
if still worried then buy from AD.

rboyboy

Master Member
Reaction score
Anyone bought watches directly from the seller rather than going to an actual store?

How to validate that the watch is not fake? Even though seller say is brand new and got box and papers as proof, it should not be trusted right?

Anyone can advise please?

If you buy from carousell, you can look at his feedbacks and rating given. Bought my BB58 from carousell as well. If not pay a little to get it authenticated before going with the deal.

rubicon_82

Reaction score
If you buy from carousell, you can look at his feedbacks and rating given. Bought my BB58 from carousell as well. If not pay a little to get it authenticated before going with the deal.

I went through this dilemma before. In the end for peace of mind, I got mine from a reseller with shop.

End of day, have to do homework and research.

Kyo_kusanagi86

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Quartzy Sunday
ANJAHGKl.jpg

Sent from Xiaomi MI 9 LITE using GAGT

Shalomp

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not watch brand/boutiques of course. Try Top Hour.

thanks! do they charge for it? how much roughly?

i see...

how much did u buy it for? was it brand new?

rboyboy

Master Member
Reaction score
thanks! do they charge for it? how much roughly?

i see...

how much did u buy it for? was it brand new?

Heard it was 50 for rolex but not sure for other brands. Got it in mint condition. What watch are you buying so that we can advise you further from here.

hwaa

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Heard it was 50 for rolex but not sure for other brands. Got it in mint condition. What watch are you buying so that we can advise you further from here.

authenticated pam and tudor before, also $50.
rolex also $50
but need to open backside.

Shalomp

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

You never say what you wanna buy. How to give you place to go?

not decided yet. either a rolex, omega or tudor

authenticated pam and tudor before, also $50.
rolex also $50
but need to open backside.

u mean only rolex need to open backside? pam and tudor no need?

BigStick

Reaction score
@rubicon_82,
Re 5711, it's possible but you need to build a solid relationship with the ADs here. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.