The Watch Thread - Part 16

cyrenic

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
any watches below 300 for 15cm wrist? preferably sapphire crystal, automatic and diver type

looking at orient kamatsu but dk whether 42mm will look too big on me.
Below $300 and sapphire crystal diver is hard. Unless you are OK with second hand then you can hope for lower end microbrands.

Kyo_kusanagi86

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Turnograph Tuesday
nxE8B9i.jpg

Sent from Planet Earth

Longtimenoc

Reaction score
any watches below 300 for 15cm wrist? preferably sapphire crystal, automatic and diver type

looking at orient kamatsu but dk whether 42mm will look too big on me.
Go Aliexpress and get yourself a Heimdallr/Sharkey/Steeldive then. USD160 and upwards and free delivery. Mostly with the workhorse Seiko NH35 auto movement. Steeldive is very inexpensive.

peaceheart

Banned
Reaction score
Just wondering, what's a good discount that AD will give on Sinn watches?
Saw 2013 thread say 30%, but got quoted nowhere near that the other day.
I got my 656 at $1800 in 2008. Duno how much % that translate to.

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just wondering, what's a good discount that AD will give on Sinn watches?

Saw 2013 thread say 30%, but got quoted nowhere near that the other day.
Honestly. Sinn no 25% don't buy. Too much liao. I rather u wait for grey or find online retailers from overseas.

peaceheart

Banned
Reaction score
Thanks I got 10% too.
Think I will just go for second hand Damasko, I think the 556I dial is nice, but doesn't seem to justify the premium..
How much are you quoted for 556I?

And which Damasko are you eyeing? Heard they are going to use their in-house mvt for their watches soon? And as a result of that, a price hike?

I got my DA36 for under $1k from a friend back in 2013. Been hesisting to get the bracelet but bracelet cost $1k, as much as the watch head itself!!

cyrenic

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How much are you quoted for 556I?

And which Damasko are you eyeing? Heard they are going to use their in-house mvt for their watches soon? And as a result of that, a price hike?

I got my DA36 for under $1k from a friend back in 2013. Been hesisting to get the bracelet but bracelet cost $1k, as much as the watch head itself!!
$1.9K on bracelet, doesn't seem too attractive. I would not pay more than $1.5K for what it is, which is approximately 25% off as GX suggests.

Looking at DS30.. :D They already started using, looks like ETA 2824 movement produced in house with some modifications/improvements. Apparently many parts are interchangeable. Don't think the price differential is worth.

peaceheart

Banned
Reaction score
$1.9K on bracelet, doesn't seem too attractive. I would not pay more than $1.5K for what it is, which is approximately 25% off as GX suggests.
Looking at DS30..
:D
They already started using, looks like ETA 2824 movement produced in house with some modifications/improvements. Apparently many parts are interchangeable. Don't think the price differential is worth.

Yah, sinn and damasko getting not so bang for buck now. DS30 is nice, hope you get it soon and GPGT!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.