The Watch Thread - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

HolySleepy

Master Member
Reaction score
chronolytics-part-ii_1352393464.jpg

anyone has comments on Nomos?

great watch, love the work put into decorating the watch. Blue screws etc. The Horween Shell Cordovan is great. Tahan water real well.

Its my daily watch btw Mon-Thurs.

V nice watch. Where can i buy it and hw much is it?

darkdevil

Master Member
Reaction score
i would say yes. go for it since yr watch is already so old. but mine was still working when i sent it in, not sure if yrs need extra repair work and will incur extra costs or not. just go in and ask??

have you manually wind the watch yet? instead of just shaking it for a bit. to verify, u can bring to rolex service centre and pay 107$. to fix, like someone mentioned, JW. although will take very long.

pardon my ignorance. after asking bro Darkangle2 then i realise is i din manually wind the watch.

aft winding it everything back to normal. thanks alot for those who help.

im really surprise it still work as i've said before it had been sitting in the dark for so many yrs.

derazor

Banned
Reaction score
just hooted a flieger....

hmm not the norms that you see like laco and stowa............

flame2000

Banned
Reaction score
V nice watch. Where can i buy it and hw much is it?

Do note that the Nomos in-hse Zeta movement used in the Zurich does not have quickset date unlike those ETA movement. Many don't like it due to the inconvenience of this and prefer to go for the non-date version. :)

whiteblackred

Reaction score
pardon my ignorance. after asking bro Darkangle2 then i realise is i din manually wind the watch.

aft winding it everything back to normal. thanks alot for those who help.

im really surprise it still work as i've said before it had been sitting in the dark for so many yrs.

thats a beauty of a mechanical watch. even if u get a patek quartz. u leave it for 20yrs or so, the inner workings may be gone and need a repair.

ralliart12

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Fortis Spacematic GMT

Hi fellows, anybody knows where's a good place to purchase Fortis watches, & approximately how much will a Spacematic GMT cost?

Spartanz.

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It got that retro look when on the vintage strap but the red bezel just scream too loud. I prefer the Pelagos for it's understated look. :)

hmm as in attract too much attention??

I kinda feel the bezel looks cheap..have to see it in person

patryn33

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Do note that the Nomos in-hse Zeta movement used in the Zurich does not have quickset date unlike those ETA movement. Many don't like it due to the inconvenience of this and prefer to go for the non-date version. :)

Many didn't mind too, setting the date a little funky just an additional sec to do it. It's not like one need to move the hands in circles.

I belongs to the group that didn't mind.

flame2000

Banned
Reaction score
Many didn't mind too, setting the date a little funky just an additional sec to do it. It's not like one need to move the hands in circles.

I belongs to the group that didn't mind.

I am not familiar with the Nomos movement. Just read from some sites about others complain of the inconvenience of the date. For example, if today is 21 and the date on the watch is 19, do u need to advance the hour hand 48hrs to make it go to 21?
With an ETA movement, one just advance the date to 21.

ahboy82

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yo ppl......just realized the bezel dropped off my tudor! and cant find the bezel anywhere.

any clues to how much for a similar bezel (not sure possible to find or not)? the watch is working all perfectly fine, dun noe why the bezel dropped off. and shd i go RSC or some 3rd party shop? :vijayadmin::vijayadmin::vijayadmin:

Darkangle2

Master Member
Reaction score
yo ppl......just realized the bezel dropped off my tudor! and cant find the bezel anywhere.

any clues to how much for a similar bezel (not sure possible to find or not)? the watch is working all perfectly fine, dun noe why the bezel dropped off. and shd i go RSC or some 3rd party shop? :vijayadmin::vijayadmin::vijayadmin:

Bezel? How does your bezel drop out? Did u knock or drop it or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.