The Watch Thread - Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonleelk

Master Member
Reaction score
is like that one. wait till you are a couple of years into this and then you'll start trimming down, like me. :D

My watch "journey":

Tag Aquaracer
Steinhart Aviation Vintage
Tag Carrera Chrono Day-Date
Steinhart Limited Silver Edition Chrono
Pam 000
Pam 388
Pam 233
Pam 176
AP Royal Oak Chrono
Rolex Submariner 114060
AP Dual Time

More to come, I'm sure! :s13:

Very sorry, my fault. Else possibly still only the Aquaracer for u since u only have one wrist for wearing watch. =:p

K3vlar

Reaction score
what industry suit what? haha

Depends on the company and industry, say if I am interviewing for a journalist position in a high fashion magazine - I might wear a nice swiss piece and when asked to relate my personal experiences with high fashion, point to the wrist piece I have on and share.

It is always about what you bring to the table, if you can use what you wear as an advantage, why not?

Say, if I am applying to a Japanese multi-national, I can point at a Grand Seiko and relate how that is aligned with the company's XXX philosophy, that quest for XXXYYY. et cetera, et cetera.

Last edited:

slow_mo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Depends on the company and industry, say if I am interviewing for a journalist position in a high fashion magazine - I might wear a nice swiss piece and when asked to relate my personal experiences with high fashion, point to the wrist piece I have on and share.

It is always about what you bring to the table, if you can use what you wear as an advantage, why not?

Say, if I am applying to a Japanese multi-national, I can point at a Grand Seiko and relate how that is aligned with the company's XXX philosophy, that quest for XXXYYY. et cetera, et cetera.

Grenade... Smoke screen form...

Good advise in using whatever you have on you to your own advantage!

K3vlar

Reaction score
Grenade... Smoke screen form...

Good advise in using whatever you have on you to your own advantage!

Heh Heh.

You must be a good actor though, can't be awkward here. If not, it'll appear contrived.

Ultimately you must relate to the interviewer as he/she plays a key role in whether you get hired.

If the interviewer thinks you'll be a great fit with the company with your own philosophy/great person to have around. You are more likely than not to get the job.

Reaction score
Eh polywatch is same as toothpaste.

Doesnt want on mineral glass. I tried before. Will work on hesalite or acrylic crystals.

Mineral glass is quite hard as a material. You need to order high grit diamond paste for the polishing itself and low grit one to finish off.

Alternatively you can go get a crystal replacement based on the model number

coern

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Any German fans?

Me!

This is definitely on my radar:

LRNjSHX.jpg

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

True true but high fashion probably not Swiss ba? Haha
I think gotta wear something loud.

Sometimes they will just see your watch and keep quiet. No discussion made. Haha

kiosai

Reaction score
Trying to invoke the cichlid / Hisokaka spirit.. :s13:

F4JUAzv.jpg

Looks like I have much less talent and need much much more practice..

Goodnite.

K3vlar

Reaction score
True true but high fashion probably not Swiss ba? Haha
I think gotta wear something loud.

Sometimes they will just see your watch and keep quiet. No discussion made. Haha

High fashion =/ loud :)

aztech44

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Eh polywatch is same as toothpaste.

Doesnt want on mineral glass. I tried before. Will work on hesalite or acrylic crystals.

Mineral glass is quite hard as a material. You need to order high grit diamond paste for the polishing itself and low grit one to finish off.

Alternatively you can go get a crystal replacement based on the model number

Thanks!!:)

kokjj87

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
it is! poorman kermit.

and i totally forget that i already bought a pebble time as a beater for work!
oh shucks. need to find a way to rotate all my watches. :s22::s22:

I choose the black color. what about you?

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
High fashion =/ loud :)

wearing a rolex sub while talking about high fashion isn't as solid when you're wearing hublot big bang.

you need to stand out.
Loud, Unique, Trend-Setting.

unless you're interviewing for a mens high end magazine.
then yes, a rolex will suit fine. haha

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I choose the black color. what about you?

black too. my gf got the red.

can't wear to rock it. but probably 1-2 times a week. not sure how productive it could be for me.
probably just for the fitness part and alerting me when a call comes while i am working. phone always on silent.
always tio miss call. LOL

really hope it can sync with nike fuel band

slow_mo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
black too. my gf got the red.

can't wear to rock it. but probably 1-2 times a week. not sure how productive it could be for me.
probably just for the fitness part and alerting me when a call comes while i am working. phone always on silent.
always tio miss call. LOL

really hope it can sync with nike fuel band

I opted for the Time Steel to replace my Pebble Steel. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.