Thread all abt ROLEX - Part 2

AndreFLo

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 17, 2002
Messages
6,393
Reaction score
2,011
I thought the new gmt release was a bit underwhelming. Given the rumours of coke coming out I have to say I felt a bit disappointed but that’s just my opinion.
 

ahhbbb

Junior Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2015
Messages
88
Reaction score
4
I kinda like the new GMT black & grey. That’s the “Bruce Wayne” right lol. Need to offload some rolexes that are having lesser wrist time to fund the new GMT.

Where can I offload? Other than self-help on carousell. Grey dealer like Brighttime or watchexchange can?
 

o0KelviN0o

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 23, 2001
Messages
37,940
Reaction score
1,289
I kinda like the new GMT black & grey. That’s the “Bruce Wayne” right lol. Need to offload some rolexes that are having lesser wrist time to fund the new GMT.

Where can I offload? Other than self-help on carousell. Grey dealer like Brighttime or watchexchange can?

Collect all the GMTs
 

PARKRANGER

Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 28, 2021
Messages
5,285
Reaction score
2,366
I kinda like the new GMT black & grey. That’s the “Bruce Wayne” right lol. Need to offload some rolexes that are having lesser wrist time to fund the new GMT.

Where can I offload? Other than self-help on carousell. Grey dealer like Brighttime or watchexchange can?


What Rolexes are u offloading?
 

soilwork

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 9, 2003
Messages
1,520
Reaction score
29
OP, DJ, Explorer 1, Sprite
Out of curiosity, why off load 4 X watches to get one watch? Or you just want to take the chance to offload?

On another note, I do like the black grey (it's boring but my favourite colours) GMT on jubilee but confirm the grey price will be sky high
 

Damienic

Master Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2015
Messages
4,264
Reaction score
3,153
OP, DJ, Explorer 1, Sprite
You probably only need to offload two out of OP, DJ and Explorer 1 to fund the GMT. The Sprite alone is more than enough to fund the GMT. Isn’t the Sprite a more interesting GMT to keep than the new GMT?
 

Damienic

Master Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2015
Messages
4,264
Reaction score
3,153
This year’s best releases for me are the Daydates.
My favorite is the DD40 RG Slate Ombré dial. The DD36 YG Bright Green Dial with Baguette Diamond and DD40 YG Green Ombré Dial are nice pieces too. DD36 RG Blue Green with Baguette Diamond is not bad too.
The Diamond bezel Daytonas are a huge let down. Not sure the rationale behind the monstrous Deepsea YG which weighs over 300g too.
I’m neutral with the new Bruce Wayne GMT. I don’t mind getting it if it’s not going to be a huge requirement or take up a lot of mileage from my current journey
 
Last edited:

Damienic

Master Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2015
Messages
4,264
Reaction score
3,153
I thought the new gmt release was a bit underwhelming. Given the rumours of coke coming out I have to say I felt a bit disappointed but that’s just my opinion.
Rolex has a habit of not pandering to popular opinions. The more the public says they want it, the more they refused to release it. Or they would wait a longer time before releasing it. There was a clamour for Pepsi in SS from 2015 onwards before they finally release it in 2018. So Coke GMT, either got to wait 1 or 2 more years or even if it did, I’m pretty sure it will be released at the expense of one of the current popular GMTs being discontinued
 

TalkingWatches

Junior Member
Joined
Oct 24, 2023
Messages
34
Reaction score
5
I thought the new gmt release was a bit underwhelming. Given the rumours of coke coming out I have to say I felt a bit disappointed but that’s just my opinion.
Rolex will prob release coke NEXT year. In gist , this year were mainly crap releases. Time to save your moolah guys
 

fade_white

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2005
Messages
46,202
Reaction score
5,986
Rolex releases this year so underwhelming.
So which one is the vanilla gmt now? Bruce Wayne or Batman?
 

citrus00

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2001
Messages
18,354
Reaction score
67
Surprising to find the allocation for SG so limited or too much demand haha

was at HK and managed to snag a DJ41 fluted chocolate from retail at HK117k. That’s should be similar to SG pricing.
 

Damienic

Master Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2015
Messages
4,264
Reaction score
3,153
Rolex will prob release coke NEXT year. In gist , this year were mainly crap releases. Time to save your moolah guys
Can’t be every year release exciting things. It’s good to take a break for a year or two and save the money on existing targets
 

Beta_Tester

Honorary Member
Joined
Aug 16, 2003
Messages
115,262
Reaction score
71
I think UK will have more allocations since the Exchange rate not favourable and also no VAT refund. If you wanna get something I'm sure you can find it there.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top