If can spend over 100k .. might as well go grey already.... why spend so much with AD with watches you don’t like, just to get the watch you like?
Shoot once, and forever keep silence...��
Well, it's not a crime to buy watches you like, but happen not to be "investment" grade, to reach $100+K in a few years.
For example, one each of Omega, JLC, Cartier, Panerai, Zenith, IWC should bring you quite close to $60K without a single Rolex. Add a UN or FPJ and you should be darn close to $100K, and I dare say that with such a collection, it's one that many would be envious of (me included).
And then, add your favourite Daytona or Aquanaut...
The problem is that most people are not serious collectors, and just go after the watches that are "in demand". Why should Sincere/Cortina/THG cater to you, the "I only want one watch that is trading at twice retail"?
While I freely admit that I'm after the Daytona as well, I'm fine with
not having the Daytona as my first watch, and building up my collection slowly with the OP36 and so on.