Thread all abt ROLEX - Part 2

hwaa

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
First time buying 20k rolex watch for female (she already chosen) need advice

1) Kee Hing Hung seems very popular and professional. But shouldn't one go to the marina square outlet as it is bigger? Or should go both outlet to see all models?
2) How do you usually pay? I do not have a good credit card (I only have that DBS treasure card which is 1%). Will they give discount if you pay cash/nets?
3) Can ask for discount?

marina sq rolex closed shop liao.

lordofthering

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
who will want to buy rolex nowadays so many fake ones. i rather spend in on a franck muller
As someone who wanted to buy one, let me give my take. Maybe it naive and may not go well with watch lover here

Made it in life this 2 years and want show relatives who looked down on you for years. When you wear a rolex, people will know you must have made it. I know it not expensive and affordable but it still relatively expensive.

If you buy fake one, you dare tell people is real one? All my relatives will not recognise a franck muller

natnaes

Reaction score
As someone who wanted to buy one, let me give my take. Maybe it naive and may not go well with watch lover here

Made it in life this 2 years and want show relatives who looked down on you for years. When you wear a rolex, people will know you must have made it. I know it not expensive and affordable but it still relatively expensive.

If you buy fake one, you dare tell people is real one? All my relatives will not recognise a franck muller
Yup that is one of the mass appeal of Rolex, in many places it still is a status symbol. Although nowadays in Singapore so many people have multiple steel Rolexes, it is no longer what it used to be.

jj_lord

Reaction score

If you have such relatives, go ahead and buy 1 to impress them. Life is short, do what you need to be happy.

My relatives don’t care about my watches so my humble watch collection is just for my own enjoyment

Bodentic

Reaction score

I applaud your brutal honesty.

At least you’re not afraid to bare all and say why you want a Rolex.

preventme

Reaction score
Always like the yatch master 40mm rose gold, my grail watch if I may. But I see the Singapore resale market selling them close to retail. Is it really that not sort after??

IcYFl4mEz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Always like the yatch master 40mm rose gold, my grail watch if I may. But I see the Singapore resale market selling them close to retail. Is it really that not sort after??
Isnt that good for you? Just buy n wear n forget about the price.
That’s actually what luxury items are meant for.

bwaysaikryptonite

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
https://www.rolex.com/watches/lady-datejust/m279178-0017.html
Any opinion on this woman piece for my wife? I research datejust is the most popular, and full gold look expensive and the diamond look good too. I guess it should be available in chinatown outlet?

b4 chiu go to any AD outlets draft a story first standby to tell eg rike chiur wife suddenly damn into watches and also want to be in teh hobby and keep taking chiur watch to wear so chiu decide to buy for her...and also if any flipper trying to work out wif chiu for bundle deal asking chiu to buy teh datejust and he takes teh sport model just quote him to gif chiu 5-8k cash depending which sports steel model...otherwise mai

Kyo_kusanagi86

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
m279178-0017.png

Rolex Lady-Datejust Watch: 18 ct yellow gold - m279178-0017
Discover the Lady-Datejust watch in 18 ct yellow gold on the Official Rolex Website. Model: m279178-0017
rolex_fav_icon_558x558.jpg

www.rolex.com
Any opinion on this woman piece for my wife? I research datejust is the most popular, and full gold look expensive and the diamond look good too. I guess it should be available in chinatown outlet?

This one better bring wife go and view and decide. I wanted to buy a full gold date just for my wife but she say too flashy and prefer two tone with diamond dial instead and more practical for daily use. So gotten that instead.

Read HWZ Forum Rules!

lordofthering

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
b4 chiu go to any AD outlets draft a story first standby to tell eg rike chiur wife suddenly damn into watches and also want to be in teh hobby and keep taking chiur watch to wear so chiu decide to buy for her...and also if any flipper trying to work out wif chiu for bundle deal asking chiu to buy teh datejust and he takes teh sport model just quote him to gif chiu 5-8k cash depending which sports steel model...otherwise mai
if buy a lady watch, can bundle get a male sports steel model which usually hard to get if cook a story saying suddenly got interest in collecting watch? If yes, I don't mind getting another male rolex watch if it <20k. I going to look at the site tonight

guitarunited

Reaction score
if buy a lady watch, can bundle get a male sports steel model which usually hard to get if cook a story saying suddenly got interest in collecting watch? If yes, I don't mind getting another male rolex watch if it <20k. I going to look at the site tonight
So any luck?
From my experience, you buy a lady watch also won’t get you a male sports steel.
you need to spend more than $80k minimum to get yourself on a waiting list.

I spoke to the senior salesperson who is a manager of the cluster shops, she was very honest and told me that nowadays they have very few allocation of sports model watches. So they prioritize the “preferred” customers first. When I probed what it takes to be a “preferred” customer, she gave some examples of how some of her customers bought watches of other brands amounting close to $80k.

lordofthering

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So any luck?
From my experience, you buy a lady watch also won’t get you a male sports steel.
you need to spend more than $80k minimum to get yourself on a waiting list.

I spoke to the senior salesperson who is a manager of the cluster shops, she was very honest and told me that nowadays they have very few allocation of sports model watches. So they prioritize the “preferred” customers first. When I probed what it takes to be a “preferred” customer, she gave some examples of how some of her customers bought watches of other brands amounting close to $80k.
thanks. will update when I get it.

I haven't went out with my wife for a year already :) It will take some planning for us to get to the Rolex shop. I reckon it will be in 1-2 months time

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.