Thread all abt ROLEX - Part 2

fade_white

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Crash....I dont think so. But dropping yes. Not forgetting that the prices for Rolex rise too fast from 2021 to 2022. With the relax of the covit situation now, there is more places to spend money so demand will not be so high.
Yeah.. Rolex make millions of watches a year. These few years get snapped up quick because middle class people got nowhere else to spend. I believe sooner or later will be back to the time where readily available from AD without stupid games.

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yeah.. Rolex make millions of watches a year. These few years get snapped up quick because middle class people got nowhere else to spend. I believe sooner or later will be back to the time where readily available from AD without stupid games.
lol millionssssssss

i am sure.

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Crash....I dont think so. But dropping yes. Not forgetting that the prices for Rolex rise too fast from 2021 to 2022. With the relax of the covit situation now, there is more places to spend money so demand will not be so high.
what is covit? new variant?
rolex trading above retail since 2018 for most models.

C4l3b

Reaction score
for me, can’t possibly go grey anymore as I‘m like half way out into the sea with the AD. Will certainly continue with AD. Right in the beginning when the grey prices was still marginally lower than current, I was already with AD. So to me still alright to stick with AD. For people who have just started or haven’t start with AD, yeah I guess it does make sense to go grey now
your SA will be very disappointed with you if you go grey.. lol!!

argentinafa

Master Member
Reaction score
321 or doggy more sought after?
Pardon me, which model is 321?
I believe fade_white meant 321 as Omega Speedmaster with Calibre 321.

Omega Snoopy is more sought after due to its scarcity. The silverish dial with blue circles and Snoopy icon is nice.

But I never like manual wind. Troublesome to have to keep winding when PR is low. Still prefer automatic mechanical watch. No need to change battery, charge battery, or wind for a lifetime.

After trying several brands, only Rolex and GS to me, are the 2 most accurate brands of mechanical auto watch in terms of timekeeping +- seconds.

fade_white

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Omega Snoopy is more sought after due to its scarcity. The silverish dial with blue circles and Snoopy icon is nice.

But I never like manual wind. Troublesome to have to keep winding when PR is low. Still prefer automatic mechanical watch. No need to change battery, charge battery, or wind for a lifetime.

After trying several brands, only Rolex and GS to me, are the 2 most accurate brands of mechanical auto watch in terms of timekeeping +- seconds.
The new gen omega metas movements also very solid in terms of accuracy.

Damienic

Master Member
Reaction score

Thanks. Agree with your assessment on the resale value of Speedmastet 321 vs Snoopy. Snoopy is the all time highest in resale value for any Omega models I believed. The previous limited edition Snoopay was even selling higher in grey market than the current which is not a limited edition piece

Sty_123

Reaction score
what is covit? new variant?
rolex trading above retail since 2018 for most models.
Yup. Rolex been trading above retail since 2018 but during the covid period is the highest. I got an used GMT master 2 in 2021 for 16k. The same watch is asking for 20k in 2022. Increase of 4k in just a few months.

rlskyline

Master Member
Reaction score
Yup. Rolex been trading above retail since 2018 but during the covid period is the highest. I got an used GMT master 2 in 2021 for 16k. The same watch is asking for 20k in 2022. Increase of 4k in just a few months.
it is coming back down very fast. I see listing at 18k+ now

bwaysaikryptonite

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

chiu mean teh ugly black bezel variant and notch Pepsi or Batman

Damienic

Master Member
Reaction score
it is coming back down very fast. I see listing at 18k+ now
The secondary market prices shot up in Jan 2022 and then start to peak in late Feb 2022. The drop started around 2nd Week-Mid March onwards till now, with the drop sharper in the month of May. Right now the prices is about 20% lower than what it was in Jan/Feb 2022. Daytona Panda selling at about 56k brand new now compared 70-71k at the peak. Yep, the discontinued GMT Master was 22k plus at the peak and now about 18k. I guess it should start to stabilise soon and will maintain at around that level in the next 6 months or so

spurman

Reaction score
Datejusts r all trading few k above retail or prob asking prices. Lol. Which is a surprise. A basic steel dj 41. 10.8k ones asking 15kish. Some more.

Op41 also power. Black n silvee asking 13k

Damienic

Master Member
Reaction score
Datejusts r all trading few k above retail or prob asking prices. Lol. Which is a surprise. A basic steel dj 41. 10.8k ones asking 15kish. Some more.

Op41 also power. Black n silvee asking 13kt
The current price drop is affecting mainly the sports models more. Classic models asking prices are mostly still a few k above retail. OP stocks are even lower than DJ, hence the premiums are in fact higher than DJ.

hub8246

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Some dj 2t models are reaching the retail price. I think the least popular 2t dj models will not have resale value and hence no more flippers and can get from AD soon.

rlskyline

Master Member
Reaction score
The current price drop is affecting mainly the sports models more. Classic models asking prices are mostly still a few k above retail. OP stocks are even lower than DJ, hence the premiums are in fact higher than DJ.
OP looks younger and more sporty than DJ.
I like OP too

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.