Thread all abt ROLEX

Status
Not open for further replies.

sleepwalkersg

Reaction score
foofam77 said:
at the end of the day, is there any price increase in Rolexes selling in Sg authorised dealers?

Sub with date still 7.4K now?
thats the price given to me by Dickson at centrepoint
but i not very sure if can bargain further.

foofam77

Reaction score
sleepwalkersg said:
thats the price given to me by Dickson at centrepoint
but i not very sure if can bargain further.

that means no price adj as yet loh...

pew

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ohlins said:
2 tone actually means half gold......

But to most second hand dealers, TT means two tone dial. half gold is half gold. I kennah before

NottingHill

Reaction score
pew said:
But to most second hand dealers, TT means two tone dial. half gold is half gold. I kennah before

Two tone dial? Any pics?? I thought two tone refers to half gold and half ss...isn't it?? so the 16613 series is considered TT? yes? no??

ohlins

Reaction score
pew said:

haha....dealers r seldom the most honest ppl around......

best is to deal with model numbers......

cos 14060 is diff from 14060M........right?

in most forums....tt = two tone = half gold.....

pew

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
NottingHill said:
Two tone dial? Any pics?? I thought two tone refers to half gold and half ss...isn't it?? so the 16613 series is considered TT? yes? no??

TT means half gold. But u talk to those ah beng dealers, TT means two tone dial (Sunburst kind of colour)

ohlins

Reaction score
pew said:
TT means half gold. But u talk to those ah beng dealers, TT means two tone dial (Sunburst kind of colour)

haha learnt something new today.....never heard of tt dial before......what a load of crap these ppl can come up with....

other crap things include computer dial.......proper name is jubilee dial....what computer dial.....dial got computer meh...?? and more like rolex king, rolex star........

NottingHill

Reaction score
pew said:

oh i see.... hmnn so there's no such thing as tt dial.....hmnn okie thanks....

pew

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ohlins said:
haha learnt something new today.....never heard of tt dial before......what a load of crap these ppl can come up with....

other crap things include computer dial.......proper name is jubilee dial....what computer dial.....dial got computer meh...?? and more like rolex king, rolex star........

They always say computer face

boobip

Reaction score
zackx said:
Yes it does. There's a 2 tone with black face subdate and one that is blue faced. The shop at Balestier is called WatchArena. Parallel imports, so they are generally cheaper. Go there take a walk if u have time, I'm sure u'll be tempted.
Hmm.... For me, I'd gladly purchase from parallel importers if I know any of them personally. I got to know the boss of Watch Arena indirectly from a friend's friend blah blah blah... though I do not get better prices, at least I get assurrance from him that I'm buying a brand new piece from hk, japan or whatever country he gets his stock from. Warranty is sometimes better than local ADs.... they're generally blank, and u can fill in your name, address and make it yours. of course, if u're wearing a 'Y' series Sub, it's pretty unlikely that the warranty will be acknowledged if your warranty card is dated today in 2007.

Put it this way... if u're afraid of buying a fake or unreliable piece from them, they're more than ten times afraid that they will be sued (maybe by Rolex?) if they sell u fakes. They've got more to lose definitely.

Pricewise, they're definitely cheaper than elsewhere. So take your time to make a choice between Parallel imports, Pre-owned or ADs.

NottingHill

Reaction score
boobip said:
Hmm.... For me, I'd gladly purchase from parallel importers if I know any of them personally. I got to know the boss of Watch Arena indirectly from a friend's friend blah blah blah... though I do not get better prices, at least I get assurrance from him that I'm buying a brand new piece from hk, japan or whatever country he gets his stock from. Warranty is sometimes better than local ADs.... they're generally blank, and u can fill in your name, address and make it yours. of course, if u're wearing a 'Y' series Sub, it's pretty unlikely that the warranty will be acknowledged if your warranty card is dated today in 2007.

Put it this way... if u're afraid of buying a fake or unreliable piece from them, they're more than ten times afraid that they will be sued (maybe by Rolex?) if they sell u fakes. They've got more to lose definitely.

Pricewise, they're definitely cheaper than elsewhere. So take your time to make a choice between Parallel imports, Pre-owned or ADs.

Yup, agree with boobip.... guess if you prefer to get a 'good' deal, guess parallel imports or pre-owned dealers is worth the visit. If you want a brand new piece and don't mind paying higher price, it's AD way. Just my 2 cents worth.... :)

ohlins

Reaction score
how can parallel import warranty be better than from ADs.....no logic at all

at best it's the same.......2 yrs intl warranty....

dun understand by what is "better"?

pew

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ohlins said:
how can parallel import warranty be better than from ADs.....no logic at all

at best it's the same.......2 yrs intl warranty....

dun understand by what is "better"?

My Parallel import 'Japan' Explorer II papers come couriered to me in a nice nice green rolex envelope, my name was nicely printed on the paper

ohlins

Reaction score
accompanied a fren to visit one of the ADs.......the price was good and a deal was made....:)

sweet and sharp......fortunately i brought a camera....

DSC00473.jpg

DSC00475.jpg

despite a few nonsensical ADs who refused to discount a single dollar.....we managed to get a good deal ....

prototype_twelve

Reaction score
ohlins said:
accompanied a fren to visit one of the ADs.......the price was good and a deal was made..

sweet and sharp......fortunately i brought a camera....

DSC00473.jpg

DSC00475.jpg

despite a few nonsensical ADs who refused to discount a single dollar.....we managed to get a good deal ....

ohlins kor kor

submariner?

how much $?

:s11:

:s31:

cannotliao

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
boobip said:

wonder how come they want export the watches out and sell at lower price? over there no demand :s11:

ohlins

Reaction score
well....one reason could be......e.g.

A needs money....... A approaches uncle L to borrow money......uncle L says ok.....bring him to watch store.......ask him buy watch with credit card.......then uncle L pays A cash for the watch at way below market value......A gets his urgently needed cash and uncle L exports the watches........uncle L is clean n no need to worry about police....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.