Thread all abt ROLEX

Status
Not open for further replies.

ed_is_on_87

Reaction score
sexyboy16 said:
6.5K seems ok price to me.

Is GMT Master II ok? Or should I get a SD or Sub instead?

personally i think its a personal choice. for me i dont like the gmt master because somehow the sub looks better on my hand. budget is another thing. =) for me. among those 3, i got the sub but non date. lol. get the watch that makes u smile everytime u look at it. =D

sexyboy16

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Your sub very nice looking.

But I still thinking if I should get either GMT II, Sub or a SD. Or save up? :)

ohlins

Reaction score
most ideal is to get a few..........:)

if not u have to make a choice.......u seem to like the gmt 2 better..........

ed_is_on_87

Reaction score
ohlins said:
most ideal is to get a few..........:)

if not u have to make a choice.......u seem to like the gmt 2 better..........

ohlins.. not everyone as rich as you leh. =P ya. seems like he like the gmt 2 better. if so, scout around and follow ohlins shopping guide around orchard and city hall area to get a good price. =)

ohlins

Reaction score
ed_is_on_87 said:
ohlins.. not everyone as rich as you leh. =P ya. seems like he like the gmt 2 better. if so, scout around and follow ohlins shopping guide around orchard and city hall area to get a good price. =)

not rich leh.....just crazy enough to spend most of my money on watches......

can be a passion or a poison....depends on how u see it....:)

ed_is_on_87

Reaction score
ohlins said:

care to share what watches you have in your collection? =)

ohlins

Reaction score
ahhh......let's say.......

i have...

16570 white dial explorer 2
114270 explorer
116713 tt gmt 2

NottingHill

Reaction score
ohlins said:

Yes yes...understand-able.... i too had that 'disease'..... within a month....traded 2 rolex watches.... hmnn am i happy with what i have?? well some days....it's questionable....heheheh :o

ohlins

Reaction score
hmmmm......tough question huh....:p

i guess the exp 2 will always be special cos it was my rolex watch......in fact for many years i lusted after the omega speedmaster esp those MSC special editions.......after finding out more, my attention shifted to rolex and the exp 2 advert on national geographic magazine caught my eye...

it came to a point where it was the white exp 2 vs the black bezel gmt 2.....i kinda like white so i decide to go for it.......i esp like the contrast of the red hand on the white dial.....

DSC00570.jpg

in 02 when i bought the exp 2.....there was a fever for the exp and ADs were selling it for 7k and above........in 05, one fren wanted to buy a black exp 2 but there was no stock.......i just kaypo kaypo asked about the exp and found out that the fever was dead and prices are much more reasonable....

so instead of my fren buying......i ended up going home with the exp....

DSC01334.jpg

there is no fav....i like each one for various reasons...:)

hope u like my photos...

soonster

Master Member
Reaction score
hey ohlins, what other branded watches you also collect? I think I saw an AP on your photo on this thread.

NottingHill

Reaction score
coltish said:
all bros/sis here like to share what watch collection you got?

Only 2 pieces of 'valued' time pieces besides my Seiko Chronograph and Casio. :)

1) a D series Rolex TT Blue Dial Submariner Date (16613)
2) a Y series Rolex Submariner Non-Date (14060M)

:o

ohlins

Reaction score
soonster said:
hey ohlins, what other branded watches you also collect? I think I saw an AP on your photo on this thread.

ap not mine.......those pics cut and paste....:)

dun have to show everything rite..?.....

ed_is_on_87

Reaction score
haha. all so rich here. i must work hard to get more. =P anyway everyone name a dream watch that you'd like to own one day. For me. actually since sec sch i always wanted a tag heuer carrera automatic chronograph. Was about to buy it until came around rolex and was mesmerized when i wore the submariner for the first time. LOL. it was shouting at me to buy. then end up now bought the sub and not the tag heuer. =) the tag is too thick for my thin hand. :s13:

ed_is_on_87

Reaction score
anyway just a questions to the pros, is it neccessary to buy a watch winder for rolex watches? will it extend the life of the watch? what are some tips to prolong the life of my watch? my dad says if nothing wrong with the watch better dont service. =) sidetrack abit. my dad has a 20+ year seadweller which he bought for $1600 and a half gold sub. lol. :s31:

sexyboy16

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Nice collections ohlins.

I haven't buy it yet, maybe end of this month.

So, ed_is_on_87, you still getting more rolex in future?

ed_is_on_87

Reaction score
sexyboy16 said:
Nice collections ohlins.

I haven't buy it yet, maybe end of this month.

So, ed_is_on_87, you still getting more rolex in future?

hahaha. thats a good question. but i am like young la. i only 19 leh ''uncle''. turning 20 soon. lol. i guess my current one will last me for quite a while. then again, if i can afford and have no financial burden, why not? haha. daytona. =P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.