Thread all abt ROLEX

Status
Not open for further replies.

emmababy

Reaction score
Hi, i wana find out if i should remove the green sticker behind my rolex (see pic). I heard mixed comments. Some say gotta remove if not it will corrode the metal??? But i've been advised by some friends not to remove it.

watch2.jpg

watch1.jpg

patryn33

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
did U remove it with the intention to stick it back as suggested?
how is it possible to perform this task and keep sticker like new, there should be a trace.
plus U will need to reapply some kind of glue to stick it back after putting the sticker around for yrs.

mirage_77

Reaction score
did U remove it with the intention to stick it back as suggested how is it possible to perform this task and keep sticker like new, there should be a trace.
plus U will need to reapply some kind of glue to stick it back after putting the sticker around for yrs.

Actually just paste the sticker on some other metal surface and keep inside the box. The sticker should maintiain some adhesiveness even after some time. Of course will have signs of being peeled off but beats leaving it on the watch.

patryn33

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
so what does it buy U to have the sticker to a pre-own dealer? can sell at higher price since pre-own buyer really want a sticker?

foofam77

Reaction score
a quick question..how are Rolex watches compared with other mechanical watches from IWC, Patek, Jaegar?

Does rolex use its own house movement?

Whenever i see those watch fairs, rolex is seldom featured as compared to the above mentioned brands and omega..

evets

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
a quick question..how are Rolex watches compared with other mechanical watches from IWC, Patek, Jaegar?

Whenever i see those watch fairs, rolex is seldom featured as compared to the above mentioned brands and omega..

a class of its own. A cult status.

Being a non hard core collector, i dont really care about the mechanism of the watch cause to me all are reliable brands with rich watch making history.

I go the branding, design and the associated feel of the watch...:s13:

shallow, yes.

evets

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
THH @ lucky plaza quote me 20% for SS DJ blue concentric circles. Price is still nego though. Wonder whether is it a good deal. Thinking of asking for 22%. Contemplating to get one with diamonds but they dont have one with blue concentric circles.

if cash payment should be able to stretch to 22%, plus currently market climate there will be less buyers, maybe.....
was at HG earlier...saw a couple of PRC chicks buying rolexes, IWCs...

KohChris

Banned
Reaction score

IWC,Patek,Jaeger Le-Coultre are just high-end watches.
Rolex is not just a high-end watch...it has achieved a status like no other watch companies on earth.

Rolex can be considered as using it's own in-house movement.

Watch fairs focuses on exclusivity.

patryn33

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Rolex is not just a high-end watch...it has achieved a status like no other watch companies on earth.

thanx entirely debatable. ppl can argue brands like Patek had acheived a status away above Rolex. the same goes with Audemars Piguet, Vacheron Constantin and Breguet.
http://chronocentric.com/watches/brands.shtml

KohChris

Banned
Reaction score
thanx entirely debatable. ppl can argue brands like Patek had acheived a status away above Rolex. the same goes with Audemars Piguet, Vacheron Constantin and Breguet.
http://chronocentric.com/watches/brands.shtml

I beg to differ. PP,AP,VC stands on the same cluster of mountain peaks with Patek being the highest. Rolex, belongs to another mountain peak, not of equal height but of considerable qualities which outshines the cluster. Patek may have the highest peak away from Rolex but at most, it's only a highly reverred watch brand like the rest of AP,VC. Like what you've said, a status away from Rolex makes the Rolex identity unique in it's very own way.

Cash,Gold,Diamond & Rolex. They have one thing in common...that can't be said for other brands and that is what separates the status of Rolex from Tag Heuer to Patek. The Rolex company has created a powerful brand.

Thats my viewpoint. :s7:

Last edited:

chocobelle

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I beg to differ. PP,AP,VC stands on the same cluster of mountain peaks with Patek being the highest. Rolex, belongs to another mountain peak, not of equal height but of considerable qualities which outshines the cluster. Patek may have the highest peak away from Rolex but at most, it's only a highly reverred watch brand.

Cash,Gold,Diamond & Rolex. They have one thing in common...that can't be said for other brands and that is what separates the status of Rolex from Tag Heuer to Patek.

Thats my viewpoint. :s7:

i second dat..

somehow patek, frank muller etc dun appeal to me.

i trust rolex coz it is maintaince free, well at least for moi as i've been wearin' them for donkey yrs liao :s12:

patryn33

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Rolex sales is highest in Asia, Asian have a strong love for Rolex. Ang Mo Collectors, seem to a even spread.

between PP and VC and Breguet I don't really know which stands on the highest peak.
Breguet complication was highly sought by Royal Families, might be a exclusive thing among royalty.
Rolex, don't know gift or what, somehow landed on a few US presidents. Rolex has a good histroy is dumping $$ into marketing, ranking top 5. Brands like PP, VC etc, marketing spending did not even make it to the top 20 I recall.
I must agree all the marketing paid off to create this kind of status.

Rolex is maintance free! wow.. must have gone unservice for more than a decade. a watch that moves does not mean every mechanical parts are well. U might be already doing damage to the parts without notice.

foofam77

Reaction score
if cash payment should be able to stretch to 22%, plus currently market climate there will be less buyers, maybe.....
was at HG earlier...saw a couple of PRC chicks buying rolexes, IWCs...

actually i tot an AD in People Park area offered quite good prices for 1st-hand rolexes...

but i am not sure how that shop compares to other ADs in Lucky PLaza though...

But i know the last place to get the watches are from places like Hourglass or Sincere, as the discount would be lesser...

rather go to a more reputable AD...

any AD to recommend where price is good and offer instalment plan?

Also, any one tot of getting 2nd hand from shops like Peng Kwee or JW?

thanks

foofam77

Reaction score

Rolex can be considered as using it's own in-house movement.

Watch fairs focuses on exclusivity.

what sort of status?

Exclusivitiy- i dont think so

Popularity and recognition leading to high resale value - yes i think so

Asthetics - i personally dont think so, as i personally prefer admiring the movement mechanics in Jaegar, IWC etc...complications such as tourbillion, moon phase etc amaze me...

What i gathered here abt rolex is that it is a nice-looking, durable, maintenance free watch, yet ever popular and resalable brand

evets

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
actually i tot an AD in People Park area offered quite good prices for 1st-hand rolexes...

but i am not sure how that shop compares to other ADs in Lucky PLaza though...

But i know the last place to get the watches are from places like Hourglass or Sincere, as the discount would be lesser...

rather go to a more reputable AD...

any AD to recommend where price is good and offer instalment plan?

Also, any one tot of getting 2nd hand from shops like Peng Kwee or JW?

thanks

so far, i think the discount range is quite standard. Slight different for cash and card payment. i think u should go Hourglass or dickson and check out the discount range... than compared to those at people park...usually walk in discount for oyster perpetual is about 15%...maybe with current market, they may be willing to negotiate a better price.

Peng Kwee as the name imply is peng expensive lor. Not worthy IMO. Just google and u will get ur answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.