Thread Pages and SEO Search Visibility

Hafi

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 30, 2003
Messages
15,340
Reaction score
5,351
to Vijay:

I am not sure why the goon administration decided to limit the number of thread pages on major tech sections to less than 20 and allowed the EDMW section to 706 pages... LoL :s22::s22:

This is a tech portal and the forum threads are the major resources and assets of HWZ especially the InfoTech Clinics sub-section like Hardware Clinic. I am surprised you guys limit it to just 11 pages... similarly to the other informative sections as well. I am aware the need to do house-keeping and keep forum running at best optimizations (EDMW 706 pages??) but maybe what you are not aware is the amount of informational threads on these sections which could have been indexed and searchable on the search engine like Google that could bring in more related traffic to HWZ are lost and irrecoverable.

I am not going to explain more since I know nothing will be done (not gonna waste my time on that) but I just wanna put my point across maybe you Vijay might overlook or didn't realized the potential traffic losses all these while. :s8:
 

Dr.Vijay

Administrator
Administrator
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
28,151
Reaction score
3,121
Hi Hafi,

Somehow we missed replying to this query.

Let me clarify that all content posted (and not pruned) are visible on all forum content sections. They are indexed and searchable - beyond what's seen in the forums.

The limitation is a legacy view setting of the VBB forum.
If you scroll down, you can see that you can set either content age that is readily visible in the forum. Some forum sections have been updated to show more pages, but some haven't been updated.

We'll try to unify the default view settings.

But from a search engine perspective, everything in the live database is searchable.

to Vijay:

I am not sure why the goon administration decided to limit the number of thread pages on major tech sections to less than 20 and allowed the EDMW section to 706 pages... LoL :s22::s22:

This is a tech portal and the forum threads are the major resources and assets of HWZ especially the InfoTech Clinics sub-section like Hardware Clinic. I am surprised you guys limit it to just 11 pages... similarly to the other informative sections as well. I am aware the need to do house-keeping and keep forum running at best optimizations (EDMW 706 pages??) but maybe what you are not aware is the amount of informational threads on these sections which could have been indexed and searchable on the search engine like Google that could bring in more related traffic to HWZ are lost and irrecoverable.

I am not going to explain more since I know nothing will be done (not gonna waste my time on that) but I just wanna put my point across maybe you Vijay might overlook or didn't realized the potential traffic losses all these while. :s8:
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top