Tips for setting up an online boutique store

paristower

Junior Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2013
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Hi everyone,

Can anyone dun mind sharing some of the tips? I really wish to set up a boutique store for ladies. :s11:
 

Teddic

Junior Member
Joined
Nov 29, 2012
Messages
30
Reaction score
0
Hi everyone,

Can anyone dun mind sharing some of the tips? I really wish to set up a boutique store for ladies. :s11:

Once you launch your blogshop, put in place a system to reward customers. That's what I do on my online store. I offer gift vouchers when customers sign up to purchase stuff plus I award them voucher points when they buy items. Points earned during shopping can then be used to buy items. This keeps your clients coming back and referring their friends and family. It will give you have regular sales and help your customers to save money, so its a win-win situation. You should try that too!:s12:
 

CallmeZen

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 24, 2011
Messages
2,403
Reaction score
0
Points of difference.

How do you differentiate from your competitor considering the vas amount of oonline boutique available. And given scape underground outlets which mostly consists of shops/brands that already have a online presence. Or rather starte with a oonline boutique.

What teddic mentioned is known as a loyalty programme which is implemented by most stores already, so that isn't really a USP.

Overall I think although the market is relatively huge, it has already been monopolized or dominated by small groups of people already.

My above comment is based on the assumption that you source your apparels oversea and import over. It doesn't apply if you're designing your own.

Speaking from experience as I have friends setting up online store to renting flea market space and now having their own boutique @ scape underground.

Just my 2cents worth. Sorry if I derailed the thread.
 
Last edited:

PetiaC

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 9, 2012
Messages
1,450
Reaction score
0
Hi everyone,

Can anyone dun mind sharing some of the tips? I really wish to set up a boutique store for ladies. :s11:

Dun mean to be a wet blanket but I see most of the push cart and blog shop design pattern all the same china suppliers or kpop inspired. Shoppers can directly order from the source directly.

I suggest on focusing on niche theme area than follow the crowd. Style is timeless, fashion fades away.

For example you can give style tips to the ladies on what to wear for specific occasions like eg interview, girls night out, meet the in laws etc. Be creative with the look books.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top