All in a Day
Arch-Supremacy Member
- Joined
- Jan 3, 2014
- Messages
- 14,850
- Reaction score
- 1,560
RTW.......
Hmm ok. M surprised edetal would redo a patina for RTW shoes free. Kind of like a MTO in a diff colour at RTW prices. Mayb u are their regular.

RTW.......
Yes, I have many pairs of shoes from them, both rtw and mto, from the very first collection to their lastest Kempt embossed loafers. That was when Ed was just a one-man-show.Hmm ok. M surprised edetal would redo a patina for RTW shoes free. Kind of like a MTO in a diff colour at RTW prices. Mayb u are their regular.
Yes, I have many pairs of shoes from them, both rtw and mto, from the very first collection to their lastest Kempt embossed loafers. That was when Ed was just a one-man-show.
It's hard to compare.In your opinion/experience, does an Ed MTO match up with a C&J benchgrade or even handgrade?
It's hard to compare.
It's like comparing a 2008 Mercedes E Class (C&J) to a 2014 VW Passat.
The Passat is faster, has more toys, is more frugal, has more space...etc than the Merc. But when you drive the Merc, you have the sense that the people who built the car have depth. It just feels more polished.
Ed's MTO's are great and you can have him patina them to any colour you want. To most people, the amount of money you spend on a pair of Ed's MTO will be very apparent. They're very easy to impress.
C&J's (I only have hand grades) may not look very impressive at first glance, but the comfort, the shape of the last (sleek and comfy at the same time), the quality of the leather...etc, I would say is still a notch above, despite having less "bespoke" features like fiddleback waists.
If you want a pair of fun shoes that are well-made and customised to your specs, Ed's shoes are definitely worth the money.
If you value elegantly shaped shoes that are extremely well-made with a timeless appeal, English shoes like C&J's would have the edge.
So for me personally, my "classic" shoes (whole cut, cap toe, brogues) are English. I go to Ed for most of my fun shoes (loafers, boots, monks).
wow I am impressed by the quantity of shoes you possess too!
Any other bros here who bought TODS?
Had this for 3 years. Restitch the sole last month when the sole split due to frequent wear (7 days in a row). It is very comfortable to wear when broken it. Now I wear it probably on causal friday or weekend...... with or without sock.
![]()
I always envy people who can wear loafers, monks etc without socks.
All my leather shoes, be it ed, loakes, clarks etc all cut into one part of the foot or the other.![]()
Had this for 3 years. Restitch the sole last month when the sole split due to frequent wear (7 days in a row). It is very comfortable to wear when broken it. Now I wear it probably on causal friday or weekend...... with or without sock.
![]()
Can share the under side stitching finish? Location and pricing?
This is a great looking shoe and looks like it has been well taken care off.
Thumbs Up.
, the tods have become more of a casual wear now. And pedro, well.........I've got a pair of Florsheim loafers which need stitching as the upper thread stitches are unravelling. Made in India quality.....
Anyone tried to rectify something like this and what is the damage you have paid for it?
Thanks.
Thanks. Before i overhaul my "shoerobe".... I only have 2 pairs of shoes. 1 from Pedro and 1 from tods. Wear them continuously for a week during work.
When I add more shoe to my arsenal (SF is a poison), the tods have become more of a casual wear now. And pedro, well.........
i take photo and upload tonight. Basically the cobbler tear apart my front continental rubber sole and stick it back after he stitches back.
U are referring to the location and pricing of the cobber? Did it at kips and kwik junction 8 for $35.
Any one here bought them before? How are they?