TODS Loafers

myboyracer

Member
Joined
May 4, 2008
Messages
443
Reaction score
0
I am sure you will fancy Jeffery West and Trickers. :)


I'm not a wealthy person by any means, so I don't have any really high end shoes.

That said, in my collection, my favorites are English shoes: Edward Green, Crockett & Jones, Peal & Co, John Lobb.

I also enjoy shoes from Tods, Bruno Magli and Grenson.

In terms of value for money, our home grown brand Ed Et Al is pretty darn good. Especially their newer collections are vastly improved from the first ones. I reckon if they improve on the shape of their lasts while maintaining the same price, they'd get a lot more business. I do have quite a few pairs from them.
 

gabrielkfr

Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2014
Messages
159
Reaction score
0
Hi, anyone have any recommendations on where to buy Car Shoe & Tod's Mocs cheaper? Other than overseas. So far I have seen is on MR.PORTER and MATCHESFASHION
 

Nutties

Member
Joined
Nov 4, 2010
Messages
443
Reaction score
0
You can try flannels.com, I saw some tods loafers in there last time.
I always go check out the clearances. I'm not sure about the international delivery fees though.
lyst.com is pretty okay too. although there is no tods.
 

Paladium

Senior Member
Joined
May 3, 2008
Messages
2,293
Reaction score
9
How does Bass weejuns compare to tods loafers, other than the price difference i mean. Anyone wore both before? Was thinking of trying the Bass before plonking the dough on Tods.
 

All in a Day

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2014
Messages
14,850
Reaction score
1,560
How does Bass weejuns compare to tods loafers, other than the price difference i mean. Anyone wore both before? Was thinking of trying the Bass before plonking the dough on Tods.

I would think quality diff will be there but not nec proportionate to price diff. Style wise bass is more US ie laidback roundish n somewhat "uncle". Tods abit sleeker, italian afterall..
 

chickenbackside

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2008
Messages
2,292
Reaction score
0
How does Bass weejuns compare to tods loafers, other than the price difference i mean. Anyone wore both before? Was thinking of trying the Bass before plonking the dough on Tods.
I have both. They are far away in terms of comfort and quality of material.

I bought the Weejuns in LA at a shoe warehouse for US$10, thinking they're cheap and I'll only be wearing them on rainy days. They give me blisters. I wore them twice and chucked them aside.

I suppose I can have them adjusted with inserts so that they won't rub against the back of my heel, but somehow, I don't feel they're worth the effort.

The middle pair are the Weejuns flanked by Tods:

 

heys606

Junior Member
Joined
Oct 26, 2012
Messages
30
Reaction score
0
how do you manage to take care of suede leather shoes?
are there any specific product to purchase and apply to shoes?
 

arctuates

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 28, 2011
Messages
965
Reaction score
0
Yes, I have many pairs of shoes from them, both rtw and mto, from the very first collection to their lastest Kempt embossed loafers. That was when Ed was just a one-man-show.

The days of long, squiggly and artsy-looking paper benches/dividers at 28 fevrier? Heh.

I see you bought the camo corduroy kempts. How did those work out for you? Mine ended up as white elephants... Bloody things have zero give and abraded my heels like crazy.
 

Nutties

Member
Joined
Nov 4, 2010
Messages
443
Reaction score
0
Got a lot of suede leather care sprays available.. can just buy from those shoe care stores or department stores.
how do you manage to take care of suede leather shoes?
are there any specific product to purchase and apply to shoes?
 

chickenbackside

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2008
Messages
2,292
Reaction score
0
The days of long, squiggly and artsy-looking paper benches/dividers at 28 fevrier? Heh.

I see you bought the camo corduroy kempts. How did those work out for you? Mine ended up as white elephants... Bloody things have zero give and abraded my heels like crazy.
Yes, many a times have I sat on those paper benches...

The camo slippers are surprisingly comfy for me! I wear them pretty often. They passed the comfort test when I brought them to Japan and walked in them all day without issues.

The brown ones with the thin laces are actually more comfy as they have more give. That's why fit is so subjective.

I do wish they were a little less sharp looking though...
 

arctuates

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 28, 2011
Messages
965
Reaction score
0
Yeah. I figure that Ed's loafers and my feet will never be in agreement. Good to hear that your experience turned out different.
 

gabrielkfr

Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2014
Messages
159
Reaction score
0
Anyone able to comment on Tod's sole vs Car Shoe sole? In terms of durability

edit; referring to their moccasins
 

Paladium

Senior Member
Joined
May 3, 2008
Messages
2,293
Reaction score
9
I would think quality diff will be there but not nec proportionate to price diff. Style wise bass is more US ie laidback roundish n somewhat "uncle". Tods abit sleeker, italian afterall..

I have both. They are far away in terms of comfort and quality of material.

I bought the Weejuns in LA at a shoe warehouse for US$10, thinking they're cheap and I'll only be wearing them on rainy days. They give me blisters. I wore them twice and chucked them aside.

I suppose I can have them adjusted with inserts so that they won't rub against the back of my heel, but somehow, I don't feel they're worth the effort.

The middle pair are the Weejuns flanked by Tods:

I suppose I'll skip the weejuns then. Thanks guys.
 

pwillie

Master Member
Joined
Dec 17, 2000
Messages
4,858
Reaction score
719
I got 3 pairs of Tods... Blue desert boots, grey boat shoes, yellow driving shoes
 

pwillie

Master Member
Joined
Dec 17, 2000
Messages
4,858
Reaction score
719
Wow.. u must really like TODs v much or they fit u very well

Tods quality pretty good, driving shoes finally giving up after 2 yrs, going to get a new pair.
Boat shoes going strong, desert boots still new.
All bought during sales :D so wallet not too painful
 

gabrielkfr

Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2014
Messages
159
Reaction score
0
Tods quality pretty good, driving shoes finally giving up after 2 yrs, going to get a new pair.
Boat shoes going strong, desert boots still new.
All bought during sales :D so wallet not too painful

By driving shoes do you mean the mocs with the pebble sole?

Can comment on the durability of the driving shoe sole? So now its giving up after 2 yrs, how often did you wear it in those 2 yrs?
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top