Toppen opening very soon!

Habrosus

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2005
Messages
29,151
Reaction score
13,173
Take grab better, bus frequency low

I managed to go for my first half-hour joyride on MV2 last weekend.

Was walking out of Mid Valley ready to book with Grab when I saw the bus arriving with only a handful of people boarding, so I decided to hop on.

It's evening so I'd a nice time looking around Berjaya Waterfront when we're passing through. I've never been there, so... :D

For Tebrau City area (Tesco, Aeon, Toppen, IKEA), Grab's my choice.
 

spunkbrat

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 23, 2012
Messages
12,641
Reaction score
7,706
MV2 is every half hour 1 bus @xx.15 or xx.45, also dependent on traffic conditions.

Toppen I find quite inconvenient if not driving. One thing I like is Ace hardware is there, I find it stocks better stuff than MRDIY.
 

laeticia

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 6, 2008
Messages
1,996
Reaction score
126
The other day I paid 16rm there and 33rm back. 6pm stuck in traffic jam took 40 mins to get back to City Square :(

Didn't really find the mall very interesting. Gonna stick to Midvalley which is our usual haunt anyway. At least if Grab surge can still take the bus for 1rm back to JB Sentral.
 
Last edited:

Andrew833

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2017
Messages
17,529
Reaction score
6,094
MV2 is every half hour 1 bus @xx.15 or xx.45, also dependent on traffic conditions.

Toppen I find quite inconvenient if not driving. One thing I like is Ace hardware is there, I find it stocks better stuff than MRDIY.

Paradigm homepro also good
 
Joined
May 11, 2017
Messages
62,291
Reaction score
11,756
Mid valley to sg, usually no jam.
Paradigm like fudge

my take

Mid Valley: Best atmosphere, 5 stars toilets, least crowded, many branded stuff~ many seats to rest which i like~ if wanna jiak DTF or A&W, its the best place to go~

Paradigm: Big spacious, many shops are as big as departmental store~ the only thing that attracts me is HomePro~ Parking can be a nightmare, goin up the high ramp~

Toppen: Best suitable for family with kids, many Instagram-able props and kids play~ If there's HomePro, it would be perfect~

KSL: Lowest SES mall compare to the above but hv the most sinkies~ cheap crawl machines, RM10 11 plays~ many saloon, specs shops & handphone repair/ accessories shops~

:s22:
 

holidayforever

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 23, 2012
Messages
19,412
Reaction score
511
Toppen doesn't have a lot of fashion brands, so if u r into shopping then u will be a little disappointed.

If u r a parent, there are many shops that are catered to u and ur kids.

Many claw machines as well!
 

MichealScott

Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 25, 2019
Messages
7,948
Reaction score
1,329
Heading for staycation tmr at JB...Not sure if should go Toppen or other malls. Staying at MT. Austin
 

Pk0601

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 26, 2019
Messages
749
Reaction score
9
Toppen is quite interesting, mall concept is more unique compared to the usual malls. True to the instagrammable places to take pictures but once u see the condition of the filthy sofas etc I think u might think twice on landing ur butts on it 'just for the gram', esp now wuhan don't pray pray
 
Joined
Jan 13, 2020
Messages
335
Reaction score
0
Who went already?? Ikea Southeast Asia has opened the giant Toppen Shopping Centre in the Malaysian city of Tebrau in Johor Bahru!
 

tiertime

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2011
Messages
7,747
Reaction score
1,331
Who went already?? Ikea Southeast Asia has opened the giant Toppen Shopping Centre in the Malaysian city of Tebrau in Johor Bahru!

if never go before , go once can already

u see the respond in this thread la, if very active, means its interesting and good :s13:

1 month nobody post anything liao
 

megaweb

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
May 5, 2000
Messages
10,110
Reaction score
1,262
My family went there to shop and find it boring. Later we went to Aeon Tebrau City to shop, much more value for money and variety.
 

Elon Jobs

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 22, 2018
Messages
2,422
Reaction score
1,252
I would have to say Toppen is really only suitable for families with kids. I was there over the weekends and they have free folded balloons (by a pretty scary looking clown) for the kids on the rooftop, as well as cupcake making sessions. Inside the malls are several free of charge indoor playgrounds. Besides that, there’s a rock climbing wall for adults which is free of charge as well.

Overall, the variety of shops and restaurants definitely lose to say Citysquare or Southkey or Paradigm or even Aeon Tebrau just across the street. But then again, I much rather they try something new, something different, than just build a giant seven storey mall and cramp as many different shops as possible into it.

If you’re really heading there, do remember to bring your physical Singapore IKEA card along- many shops give 10% discount. Download the Toppen app beforehand and there’s a few RM10 vouchers you can collect for various shops.

Lastly, you can drop by IKEA to grab a couple of items for free parking- but do note the cashier at IKEA always damn long queue.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top