Toshiba Vs Sony Vaio

pills

Master Member
Joined
Mar 30, 2001
Messages
2,517
Reaction score
0
I own a Sony Viao Z series and a Toshiba Portege Z930 and I would say the latter is really lousy in comparison.

My Sony is about 3 years older but the built is so much better. Only bad thing is the battery life and small screen. But small screen is fine with me coz I prefer my lappies light.

Anyway, this post is to vent and let you people know to make informed decision. Toshiba is known to be value for money but the performance was a disappointment. It wasn't much faster than my VAIO when I first got my VAIO. Then within a few months, it has a system error booting up problem on and off. I finally got down to "reformatting" it by holding down F12 key as advised by the CSO and it couldn't install WINDOWS after that. I was then informed it was a hardware problem.

Customer service is really bad at Toshiba for one and now I am still waiting for them to call me regarding available parts. Customer service doesn't call me back and claimed they did. I didn't get a miss call and even if I did, they can call again if I didn't pick up right??

Another one refused to advise how long I must wait if I were to arrange for pick up vs going down to their KALLANG service Centre which by the way, opens only from Mon-Fri office hours!

I am seriously regretting my purchase decision. I thought Toshiba design was bad but would sacrifice it for the performance. But it has fallen way below my expectation. their CS flow is not seamless. Courier company calls me for something, Repair centre for another.

Just so frustrating....

Anyone experiencing this too?
 

crazydeals

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 28, 2012
Messages
984
Reaction score
0
well, contrary to what you say here, I had good experience with Toshiba. I also own a Z930 and had complaint with wifi and took to kallang service center and they rectified the issue in 3 hours time, after initial diagnosis through phone. Hope no more issues:)
 

pills

Master Member
Joined
Mar 30, 2001
Messages
2,517
Reaction score
0
I'm comparing to VAIO Z I guess. VAIO has no probs at all with software/hardware.

Moreover, it was fast and all the things work well together. Toshiba is a tad slow considering it's so new and better specs after 3 years. :eek:
 

crazydeals

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 28, 2012
Messages
984
Reaction score
0
from that point, i have changed from Vaio Z series to Toshiba Z930. I feel Toshiba better than Vaio. This is my personal opinion
 

pills

Master Member
Joined
Mar 30, 2001
Messages
2,517
Reaction score
0
Ok but cs really not good la. Said my lappie repaired already. HD spoilt and pass to courier who will call me today to arrange for delivery coz it's urgent for work. End of day still no calls. And I can't even get in touch coz courier company is separate entity and the number they have is either kallang cs or just call to arrange pick up. No call to arrange delivery no.

Why like that one? So disjointed. ..
 

pills

Master Member
Joined
Mar 30, 2001
Messages
2,517
Reaction score
0
They returned my lappie on Sat afterall but without informing me or arranging for time.

Heng my mum was home.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top