Transport in BKK

evildoctor

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 3, 2012
Messages
1,046
Reaction score
4
Anybody got recommendation for transport? For example transport around the city and airport transport.
 

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2011
Messages
24,805
Reaction score
34
yes grab is more popular in thailand...

use either grab or uber.. as street taxi (meter) usually they do not want to use meter:(:(

normally would call meter cab ...
keep trying to get a cab

especially the cab stand at siam paragon, the driver would say go by meter
then when he drive about 50m, he would say 200 or 300b
normally pink cab driver less likely to go by meter ...
 

@lvyzy

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2014
Messages
48
Reaction score
1
May I know which is the better option for transport from airport to hotel? Metered taxi or Grab? Thanks...
 

turtlezhu

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 7, 2008
Messages
22,428
Reaction score
45
May I know which is the better option for transport from airport to hotel? Metered taxi or Grab? Thanks...

it's all gonna be the same seriously. unless you got grab promo code. people always say normal taxi don't like to go by meter etc. normally when i flag down a taxi he normally go by meter other then my recent stay due to heavy rain at jj green. which i understand why cause my place is not to far away and they could easily get a passenger who stay far away to earn more.
 

@lvyzy

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2014
Messages
48
Reaction score
1
it's all gonna be the same seriously. unless you got grab promo code. people always say normal taxi don't like to go by meter etc. normally when i flag down a taxi he normally go by meter other then my recent stay due to heavy rain at jj green. which i understand why cause my place is not to far away and they could easily get a passenger who stay far away to earn more.

Got it, thanks! :)
 

~sabaisabai~

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2016
Messages
22,487
Reaction score
3,709
May I know which is the better option for transport from airport to hotel? Metered taxi or Grab? Thanks...

metered taxi most of the times they do not want to use meter

so if u can use grab would be good=:p
 

Bardiel

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 9, 2006
Messages
34,800
Reaction score
8,678
just go by taxi.

all i up is by metre.

Unless those outside clubs etc then they nv on metre
 

turtlezhu

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 7, 2008
Messages
22,428
Reaction score
45
just go by taxi.

all i up is by metre.

Unless those outside clubs etc then they nv on metre

Yeah those outside club normally go by meters. But will normally tell them by meter if not will past cause got so many of them.
 

ApeTruelove

Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2009
Messages
7,139
Reaction score
2,081
Just take taxi no problem. 95% of the taxi I took is pink de and they always go by meter wif no issue.
 

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2011
Messages
24,805
Reaction score
34
Just take taxi no problem. 95% of the taxi I took is pink de and they always go by meter wif no issue.

Perhaps depends on heng suay ...
every year fly at least 5times to bangkok ...
so far my experience with pink cab, not very good ...

Have pink cab go by meter, however not alot ...
 

ApeTruelove

Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2009
Messages
7,139
Reaction score
2,081
Perhaps depends on heng suay ...
every year fly at least 5times to bangkok ...
so far my experience with pink cab, not very good ...

Have pink cab go by meter, however not alot ...

Maybe ba... I kana cheated once which is my virgin trip to bkk seven years ago at bkk airport. And I been visiting to Thailand almost every month. no issue wif any taxi
 

vbkk88

Member
Joined
Mar 19, 2016
Messages
466
Reaction score
0
All taxi regardless of color will go by meter. Locations like tourist attraction etc or once u open mouth speak like a tourist , u will get " no meter fare". I take taxi everyday in Bangkok everywhere and all open meter regardless of color. Only time I occasionally encounter "no meter fare" despite flagging passing by taxis instead of stationery ones are at Silom after midnight. I just move on to the next taxi. I have friends come bangkok regularly have no issues with taxis going by meter by nature.
 

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2011
Messages
24,805
Reaction score
34
All taxi regardless of color will go by meter. Locations like tourist attraction etc or once u open mouth speak like a tourist , u will get " no meter fare". I take taxi everyday in Bangkok everywhere and all open meter regardless of color. Only time I occasionally encounter "no meter fare" despite flagging passing by taxis instead of stationery ones are at Silom after midnight. I just move on to the next taxi. I have friends come bangkok regularly have no issues with taxis going by meter by nature.

agree, normally tourist place like siam paragon, mbk normally they wont go by meter ... For siam paragon taxi stand, there is a staff there using the mic
he would ask where you want to go, then he would convey the message to the taxi driver using his mic ...

most people would usually go by to their hotel...
so very obvious is tourist...
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top