
Where can find travel accessories (e.g Travel locks, money pouches, clothesline..) that offer good prices in SG ah? Thank you!![]()
Where can I find a mid sized luggage (22' or 24'inch) but cheap? Saw NTUC XTRA @AMKHUB selling them for $59 and $69 respectively..Unfortunately, places that specialize in travel stuff tend to be in prime shopping areas that cater to the affluent crowd (eg Planet Traveller, Outdoor life located at Marina Sq, Novena Sq, Wheelock, etc), not bargain hunters. The items they sell are branded, high quality but expensive stuff.
Fortunately, most items you need for travel don't really have to be bought from a travel place.
Off the top of my head, the main "travel" stuffs are:
* Backpack : Queensway or Sports Connections.
* Hiking/Walking Shoes: Royal Sporting house (when they have sales), Mustafa (wide range at decent prices), Queensway.
* Quick-dry shirts: any sports shops or dept stores that sells exercise clothes. Much much cheaper than the super expensive Patagonia or North Face clothes ( under $20 vs $60-100+). Look for plain, dark colored clothes. They are all made from polyester anyway.
* Lightweight towels: Small micro-fibre towels or sports towels from dept stores.
* Travel Locks - You don't need a "travel" lock. Any small combination lock will do.
* Packing cubes - I don't use cubes, but I use mesh stuff sacks from Daiso. Can't beat the price ($2) and weight (20 grams each). I also use mesh pouches, which you can get from Daiso or your neighbourhood stationary shops.
* Money belt - luggage section of dept stores, or shops in Changi Airport itself. Deuter also makes them.
Why don't you let us know what else you are looking for, and we can advise you accordingly.
Ended up buying my stuffs from amazon to save all the hassle
Now left with locks..think I am not gonna get TSA approved locks![]()
Firstly, I suggest you don't check in luggage.
Secondly, if you check in luggage, I suggest you don't put anything expensive inside, and so you won't have to lock it. If you lock it, and security wants to look inside your luggage, they will break the lock, and sometimes, while doing so, break your luggage(esp the zipper). Happened to me once, long ago when I used to check-in luggage.
Thirdly, if your lock is not for your check-in luggage, then it doesn't matter if the lock is TSA or not.

anyone know where i can get travel adapter for italy and norway
can't seem to find one for the three pin italy socket (three pins in one row...)
great! thanks a lotYou don't really need one. The 3 round pin Italian socket will accept a normal Europlug (the 2 round pin plug). This will be ungrounded of course,but that's not a problem for most devices.
Heat tech from uniqlo is goodDo you know where to find quality (and hopefully cheap)layered winter wear? I have bad experience in buying overpriced winter wear that shrank only one wash, even after following the instructions on the labels. Thanks.
Heat tech from uniqlo is good
Is it sufficient for my trip in Russia two weeks later? The temperature is likely to be in single digit. Thanks for your suggestion.
Where can find travel accessories (e.g Travel locks, money pouches, clothesline..) that offer good prices in SG ah? Thank you!![]()
5 years agoI maybe able to help...... PM me if you need anything.