Travel Insurance claim

sharonsfr

Junior Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2012
Messages
44
Reaction score
0
Hi all. Anyone encounter pickpocketed during trip and claiming from insurance?

I’ve been pickpocket during my Europe trip. The pocket wifi (rented from changi) and some cash was being stolen. I’ve purchase FWD travel insurance and they have just replied me that lost of pocket wifi is not under the conditions of the policy, hence not able to be claim.

I wish to appeal my claims. I used to heard that lost of pocket wifi can claim from insurance. Does anyone knows this can be claimed?
 

ApeTruelove

Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2009
Messages
7,138
Reaction score
2,081
Hi all. Anyone encounter pickpocketed during trip and claiming from insurance?

I’ve been pickpocket during my Europe trip. The pocket wifi (rented from changi) and some cash was being stolen. I’ve purchase FWD travel insurance and they have just replied me that lost of pocket wifi is not under the conditions of the policy, hence not able to be claim.

I wish to appeal my claims. I used to heard that lost of pocket wifi can claim from insurance. Does anyone knows this can be claimed?

did you make a police report on the day when your item kana stolen???
 

sharonsfr

Junior Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2012
Messages
44
Reaction score
0
did you make a police report on the day when your item kana stolen???

Yes have make police report and submitted. FWD insurance sent email to me they can reimburse me for my stolen cash, but not for pocket wifi (which i’ve paid a penalty chg of $200 to the rental company) :(
 

oceanicmanta

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 14, 2013
Messages
9,671
Reaction score
1,382
Yes have make police report and submitted. FWD insurance sent email to me they can reimburse me for my stolen cash, but not for pocket wifi (which i’ve paid a penalty chg of $200 to the rental company) :(

check FWD policy wordings ... usually insurance do not cover items that are "rented" and that will be stated in the wordings ... if not explicitly stated, have a case to appeal on goodwill basis

sorry to hear your experience ...
 

sharonsfr

Junior Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2012
Messages
44
Reaction score
0
check FWD policy wordings ... usually insurance do not cover items that are "rented" and that will be stated in the wordings ... if not explicitly stated, have a case to appeal on goodwill basis

sorry to hear your experience ...

Hmm.. I’ve read thru the policy wordings. The only clause is under “theft to personal belongings” which includes other electronic devices but did not explicitly states rent item, but did mention “claims depending on age of the item” & “price per item and to provide proof of purchase”.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top