Hello,
I'm (actually, my sister is) looking to purchase an ultrabook and am looking for suggestions. Here are the specifications preferred:
12.5" - 14"
Haswell processor (i5 is fine, no need i7)
8gb ram
as low weight as possible (1.3kg and below)
at least 250gb SSD
USB 3.0 ports
Other plus points:
user-upgradeable ram/ssd (not soldered on)
touch screen (but not necessary)
More than 2 USB ports, SD card reader
Mac or Windows are ok
Budget is around about 2k, but flexible. Of course, cheaper is always better.
Somehow, even though these options seem like the obvious choice, I see so many laptops that only have 128gb ssd /4gb ram, and few with 256/8gb. And those with 256/8 are typically bundled with more expensive (and unnecessary) i7 processors.
Any models to recommend?
I'm (actually, my sister is) looking to purchase an ultrabook and am looking for suggestions. Here are the specifications preferred:
12.5" - 14"
Haswell processor (i5 is fine, no need i7)
8gb ram
as low weight as possible (1.3kg and below)
at least 250gb SSD
USB 3.0 ports
Other plus points:
user-upgradeable ram/ssd (not soldered on)
touch screen (but not necessary)
More than 2 USB ports, SD card reader
Mac or Windows are ok
Budget is around about 2k, but flexible. Of course, cheaper is always better.
Somehow, even though these options seem like the obvious choice, I see so many laptops that only have 128gb ssd /4gb ram, and few with 256/8gb. And those with 256/8 are typically bundled with more expensive (and unnecessary) i7 processors.
Any models to recommend?
