Ultrabook recommendations?

haato89

Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 17, 2012
Messages
8,946
Reaction score
29
Hi I'm looking for a Windows ultrabook with the following criteria:

1.3-1.4kg (the lighter the better)
SSD
no need touch screen
thin (something that looks like a MBA :s34:)

Budget: <$2k

I will be using it mainly for work (MS Office) and surfing

Love the Acer Aspire S7 but I don't need a touch screen and I don't want to pay a premium for the touch screen that I don't need

I've poked around a few laptop shops but I may have overlooked some good candidates

Thanks in advance!
 

PC_Dreams

Featured Distributor for Notebook Clinic
Joined
Aug 27, 2007
Messages
7,996
Reaction score
0
Hi I'm looking for a Windows ultrabook with the following criteria:

1.3-1.4kg (the lighter the better)
SSD
no need touch screen
thin (something that looks like a MBA :s34:)

Budget: <$2k

I will be using it mainly for work (MS Office) and surfing

Love the Acer Aspire S7 but I don't need a touch screen and I don't want to pay a premium for the touch screen that I don't need

I've poked around a few laptop shops but I may have overlooked some good candidates

Thanks in advance!

You can consider Asus UX32VD with harddisk then upgrade the harddisk to SSD. :)
 

enenyi

Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2011
Messages
5,927
Reaction score
5
thanks! um i got a asus catalogue and i only see UX32LN-R4016H...is that what you are referring to?
Essentially Asus UX32LN is the successor to UX32VD. Get the i5 version, then swap out the 500GB HDD to a Crucial MX100 256GB or 512GB SSD.
 

denilson

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2004
Messages
623
Reaction score
4
Hi I'm looking for a Windows ultrabook with the following criteria:

1.3-1.4kg (the lighter the better)
SSD
no need touch screen
thin (something that looks like a MBA :s34:)

Budget: <$2k

I will be using it mainly for work (MS Office) and surfing

Love the Acer Aspire S7 but I don't need a touch screen and I don't want to pay a premium for the touch screen that I don't need

I've poked around a few laptop shops but I may have overlooked some good candidates

Thanks in advance!
MBA with windows installed?:s22:
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top