Unable to go to Window after installing card reader

halfmoon99

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2006
Messages
1,480
Reaction score
0
Dear Bro

I am asking for your assistance.

I have just bought a Xigmatek Accesor USB 3 Card Reader 3.5" (got from Video pro, Corbell stock) last evening and tried to install on my PC now.

All connections seems to be ok, and power on... but I went into the safe mode, and not able to go to the window normally.

When I try out the connection, USB 3 on the card reader was ok, and it can detect all the card and the content but I cannot view it from Safe mode.

However, I just could not get the system back to the Window normally, and it will just, reboot to bio and ask for safe mode, or normal screen. Tried a few times already, and just does not work... and there seems to be a line across the screen... once, I have a view of the desktop, but it was dimmed down for a while, and it went back to bios again...

I fixed USB header, and the USB 3 to the back of my mainboard, and just could not figure out what could have went wrong, since I thought this is a minor upgrade.

Kindly advise how to solve this issue..... thanks.....
 

halfmoon99

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2006
Messages
1,480
Reaction score
0
I tried a SD card, and it can read, and the computer showed a few other removable drive too....

USB 3 was ok, but when I disconnect the USB 3 external drive, it went into reboot..........

Tried rebooting and it went into window with a black screen and no signal.......... but computer is still seems like running normally.....
 
Last edited:

suavegamer30

Banned
Joined
Jun 25, 2012
Messages
2,363
Reaction score
0
do u implies that every time u reboot, it prompts u with the option of going into Safe mode instead of just booting into windows normally?
 

halfmoon99

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2006
Messages
1,480
Reaction score
0
do u implies that every time u reboot, it prompts u with the option of going into Safe mode instead of just booting into windows normally?

Ok... AsRock H61M U3S3 have one issue, and that is I need to take the battery out so that the PC can reset the bios whenever I did hard ware installation. I did as per normal, and then, that must have re-set the bios, and I managed to get the PC running normally already... Just.... after I went into the bios and reset the booting sequence to be from my HD instead from USB 1.0 and the DVD Rom.

So after I did that, it was running normally... so I was testing and after a few tries, and on and off PC and was swee swee....

My PC was on the side, as I was testing it... Then when I flip it upright..... the PC shut down, and now, I cannot even get it to go to Window, and not even the bios. I think no signal from the PC to the monitor....

Try resetting the bios too but also no response.....

The only loose cable I have when I flip was the USB 3 cable, that was running inside the casing to the back of the USB 3 IO port behind the mother board. Earlier, I had another issue when I unplug the USB 3 from the front of the card reader, the system shut down too... and reboot.

Now, I have tried to turn on the power, but just cannot go into the bio nor window... did I short circuit my PC??? :s11:
 

halfmoon99

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2006
Messages
1,480
Reaction score
0
do u implies that every time u reboot, it prompts u with the option of going into Safe mode instead of just booting into windows normally?

Earlier, after I installed, the PC could not go into normal window, and can only go into the safe mode, and I tested the card reader and usb 3 and was operating ok.

Just that I could not go into normal window. I did a check on my bios, and set the booting sequence..

1. HD
2. DVD
3. USB

Should be reset after I remove the battery to reset bios, and this did the trick and I was able to go into normal window, and the PC did not prompt me into the safe mode, or when I try normal window boot up, and it went into rebooting sequence.
 

halfmoon99

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2006
Messages
1,480
Reaction score
0
Now, there is totally no response, and do not know what has happened.

Cannot go into the bios at all, no booting sequence.

Recheck connection and tried resetting the bios, and still no response and no movement. No signal to the monitor either.

Maybe I fried the motherboard?? :s11:

What else should I try??? Since nothing is working???
 
Last edited:

halfmoon99

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2006
Messages
1,480
Reaction score
0
jumper clear CMOS?

Sorry, what does that mean? I could no go into bios even.

Ok. I checked out the video... I pull out the power.. the battery for mobo, so that should be a reset too right?

I will attempt to strip my system to the basic... only mobo, PSU HD and try to see if it boot from there..
 
Last edited:

halfmoon99

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2006
Messages
1,480
Reaction score
0
I also wonder if there's any problem with the card reader..... could that cause a short circuit? But should not since it is USB 2 header and USB 3 from io port from the back...... strange.....

:s11:
 

halfmoon99

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2006
Messages
1,480
Reaction score
0
Could it be a PSU issue??? My PSU is old...

But when I turn on power, there's still light on the power switch, and also, the fan is lighted up and fan all are running..... so... no I think....
 

tuckloong

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 6, 2007
Messages
33,689
Reaction score
9,416
Try remove all rams, clear cmos..then install one stick...boot into bios..change the boot sequence then see if can boot into windows..once stable le then install remaining rams? :s12:
 

halfmoon99

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2006
Messages
1,480
Reaction score
0
I removed the GVA and plug the monitor directly to the mobo dvi.... nothing at all too.... I reset cmos too.....

Is it right to conclude that the mobo have problem??? What could have been the cause??

Hope some bro any guide and help me out.

Thank you.
 
Last edited:

halfmoon99

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2006
Messages
1,480
Reaction score
0
Try remove all rams, clear cmos..then install one stick...boot into bios..change the boot sequence then see if can boot into windows..once stable le then install remaining rams? :s12:
I will try the RAM and see how...

ATM... nothing at all... no video signal.... seems like a big challenge...

I am no expert, and only installed a few com before only, and this minor upgrade become a big headache....

Thanks for the suggestion. I am trying it out now.
 

halfmoon99

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2006
Messages
1,480
Reaction score
0
Resit the ram, and managed to go to bios.....

Ok... I try to build up from here....

What happened bro???
 

halfmoon99

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2006
Messages
1,480
Reaction score
0
Installed the 2 ram and so far...ok. I will attempt to install the card reader...

If it fails again... I am sending the XIGMATEK to the scrap.....
 

halfmoon99

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2006
Messages
1,480
Reaction score
0
I think it could be due to using card reader 3 on a USB 2.0 port and thus cause it to "hang".
Correct me if I am wrong.

Card reader is to the USB 2 header on the mobo.

USB 3 is to the back of the mobo IO port.....

Dunno..... trying again after dinner... hungry.....

Thanks to all the bro for your suggestions.....

I botch up a minor upgrade..... lol....
 

tuckloong

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 6, 2007
Messages
33,689
Reaction score
9,416
Resit the ram, and managed to go to bios.....

Ok... I try to build up from here....

What happened bro???

Ya go nom nom liao then try again..rem once u install any hardware and go back to zero...just remove all the rams, clear cmos and use 1 stick again :)

see if the card reader works now :)
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top