Unable to install GTX drivers - Black screen problem

mradorable

Junior Member
Joined
Feb 2, 2008
Messages
52
Reaction score
0
Hi bros, I need some help/advise. I am having trouble installing/updating my GTX 560ti drivers, tried the newest and older drivers but all same problem.

25% into the installation/update, my screen will go black and monitor will display 'entering power saving mode'. CPU is running but screen will just remain black and need to hard reset by holding the power button.

I managed to enter safe mode and remove all graphics drivers. Then I was able to boot up normally but with no graphics drivers.

Just by my description, could this be a PSU or GPU issue?

My rig is 5 years old and I am trying to narrow down this issue if I can only upgrade components or change whole rig.

Thank you.

OS: Windows 10 Home 64-bit
MB: Gigabyte P67A-UD3-B3
GPU: MSI GTX560-Ti Hawk 1024MB GDDR5
PSU: FSP Aurum 700W 80+ Gold Non-Modular
 
Last edited:

jtjt00

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
17,695
Reaction score
525
Try the 560 GPU card on another rig or get a spare card to test on current rig?
 

mradorable

Junior Member
Joined
Feb 2, 2008
Messages
52
Reaction score
0
Try the 560 GPU card on another rig or get a spare card to test on current rig?

that gpu is dead. buy a new one

I managed to finally borrow from a friend his GPU (MSI R9 280x) to try on my rig.. and it worked perfectly. Updated to his drivers and then tried loading a game with no problems.

So can confirm that my GPU is DEAD.

turn off monitor deep sleep mode

download DDU http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html uninstall graphics driver in safe mode

reinstall graphics driver, see can or not....

Before this, I did try using DDU uninstaller to clean out all drivers before doing fresh install of NVIDIA drivers but all the versions I tried did not work.

Any solutions? Have a friend with this problem as well

You should try mister38's method first of cleaning the old drivers and reinstalling the drivers. I would suggest using an older version that your GPU was working before.

I posted this problem on NVIDIA forums, had someone that was very helpful in helping me try to troubleshoot the problem. Maybe you can try some of the solutions he suggested and hopefully it helps.

If anyone is interested, the link is here

Thanks everyone for the advise, I will have to go shopping for a new GPU now!
 
Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top