Unauthorized driving without accident as SAF driver

Sirgalklife

Junior Member
Joined
Apr 22, 2019
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Yup, that's me. GCM up next. Anyone experience GCM or have personally encounter such experiences before? Would be good if we can share some idea on what to expect. Don't want to dwell into info on how it happened but it's just basically as the title say uh... Appreciate the help in contributing.
 
Last edited:

wabbit92

Member
Joined
May 18, 2016
Messages
212
Reaction score
3
I was involved in GCM as a Defending officer for one of my guys last time. Your unit will appoint an officer for you to be your defending officer. If you wish you can also self defence or of rich enough , hire a lawyer to do that for you .

You also have to decide before/during the GCM if you wish to plead guilty. If you plead guilty , your DO will submit/read your mitigation plea to the panel. The panel is chaired by an actual judge from our civilian court with 2 SAF senior officers.bascially what you ex0ect in a civilian court

Talk to your unit, be humble. Remember your defending officer is there to help you . Hope for the best , but prepare for the worst. All the best bro


Yup, that's me. GCM up next. Anyone experience GCM or have personally encounter such experiences before? Would be good if we can share some idea on what to expect. Don't want to dwell into info on how it happened but it's just basically as the title say uh... Appreciate the help in contributing.
 

Sirgalklife

Junior Member
Joined
Apr 22, 2019
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Hi wq,

Thanks for the reply.

I will be pleading guilty and accepting the charges. Currently waiting for my unit to read me the charge and GCM date officially only.. To clarify, does it mean when I fully accept the charge, they will not question me anymore regarding the incident? Do I have an opportunity to express my remorse during the hearing? And usually how long does such court martial hearing last?

If possible, are you willing to share with me the case you were on? What the guy did and how he was punished. Or just the process of going through the "From Camp To GCM" journey. I know there are people reading this so it's okay if I can't get such info..

Thanks man

I was involved in GCM as a Defending officer for one of my guys last time. Your unit will appoint an officer for you to be your defending officer. If you wish you can also self defence or of rich enough , hire a lawyer to do that for you .

You also have to decide before/during the GCM if you wish to plead guilty. If you plead guilty , your DO will submit/read your mitigation plea to the panel. The panel is chaired by an actual judge from our civilian court with 2 SAF senior officers.bascially what you ex0ect in a civilian court

Talk to your unit, be humble. Remember your defending officer is there to help you . Hope for the best , but prepare for the worst. All the best bro
 

wabbit92

Member
Joined
May 18, 2016
Messages
212
Reaction score
3
Hi wq,

Thanks for the reply.

I will be pleading guilty and accepting the charges. Currently waiting for my unit to read me the charge and GCM date officially only.. To clarify, does it mean when I fully accept the charge, they will not question me anymore regarding the incident? Do I have an opportunity to express my remorse during the hearing? And usually how long does such court martial hearing last?

If possible, are you willing to share with me the case you were on? What the guy did and how he was punished. Or just the process of going through the "From Camp To GCM" journey. I know there are people reading this so it's okay if I can't get such info..

Thanks man

Bro pm me, we discuss more of this offline. I try to help without breaking any opsec
 

chehjin

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 2, 2000
Messages
6,607
Reaction score
854
Hi wq,

Thanks for the reply.

I will be pleading guilty and accepting the charges. Currently waiting for my unit to read me the charge and GCM date officially only.. To clarify, does it mean when I fully accept the charge, they will not question me anymore regarding the incident? Do I have an opportunity to express my remorse during the hearing? And usually how long does such court martial hearing last?

If possible, are you willing to share with me the case you were on? What the guy did and how he was punished. Or just the process of going through the "From Camp To GCM" journey. I know there are people reading this so it's okay if I can't get such info..

Thanks man

I can share this much openly, the judges has access to past cases of similar nature and the sentences given. that will be the baseline for your sentence, then the mitigating factors given by your DO will move this baseline. Therefore, please work with ur DO.
 

Sirgalklife

Junior Member
Joined
Apr 22, 2019
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
I can share this much openly, the judges has access to past cases of similar nature and the sentences given. that will be the baseline for your sentence, then the mitigating factors given by your DO will move this baseline. Therefore, please work with ur DO.

Thanks chehjin, really appreciate this information. Having prescedence to a case would set a baseline definitely. Hoping that they will give me a first time offender a chance uh.. hahaha..
 

chehjin

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 2, 2000
Messages
6,607
Reaction score
854
Thanks chehjin, really appreciate this information. Having prescedence to a case would set a baseline definitely. Hoping that they will give me a first time offender a chance uh.. hahaha..

can't comment much.

can only tell you All the best!
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top