Been bothered by all these thoughts in my mind for quite sometimes so I have decided to post here to seek some advise from you people.
Im 25 years old this year and just ORD a few months back(so Im jobless now), and about to start my part time degree in unisim soon.
The following are my concerns:
1) Am I too old to start studying for degree? I will be around 27 or 28 years old by the time I graduated.
2) To be honest, I dont see myself getting a degree cause the thoughts of failure is haunting me even before I start studying.
3) Hoping to find a full time job while studying but afraid that my job will affects my studies and the submission of my assignment.Also worry that my future employer do not allow me to take leave during examination period. In addition, trying to find a full time job related to my degree(Facilities management) to starts off my career. Sent resumes to employers and none reply( most probably due to unrelated discipline in poly). Tried seeking recruitment agency for help but was told it will be difficult since I do not have relevant discipline and no experiences. Should I just find a admin job for now?
4) what are the career prospect for facilities management degree? Im quite worry that my degree is useless.
5) I find that my english standard is below average and it will be a contributing factors for my failure in unisim.
6) I panicked when I see the TMA and thinks that I wont be able to do it even before the school starts. Is it normal for students NOT know how to do their assignment before their school starts? ( Im already stressed up before school starts)
7) I tend to give up easily. How can I change this mindset?
Hope to get some valuable advise from the seniors or people who faced these problem before.
Im 25 years old this year and just ORD a few months back(so Im jobless now), and about to start my part time degree in unisim soon.
The following are my concerns:
1) Am I too old to start studying for degree? I will be around 27 or 28 years old by the time I graduated.
2) To be honest, I dont see myself getting a degree cause the thoughts of failure is haunting me even before I start studying.
3) Hoping to find a full time job while studying but afraid that my job will affects my studies and the submission of my assignment.Also worry that my future employer do not allow me to take leave during examination period. In addition, trying to find a full time job related to my degree(Facilities management) to starts off my career. Sent resumes to employers and none reply( most probably due to unrelated discipline in poly). Tried seeking recruitment agency for help but was told it will be difficult since I do not have relevant discipline and no experiences. Should I just find a admin job for now?
4) what are the career prospect for facilities management degree? Im quite worry that my degree is useless.
5) I find that my english standard is below average and it will be a contributing factors for my failure in unisim.
6) I panicked when I see the TMA and thinks that I wont be able to do it even before the school starts. Is it normal for students NOT know how to do their assignment before their school starts? ( Im already stressed up before school starts)
7) I tend to give up easily. How can I change this mindset?
Hope to get some valuable advise from the seniors or people who faced these problem before.
Last edited:
