UniSIM January 2011 Intake

auldreay

Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2005
Messages
413
Reaction score
0
Hi!
Anyone got a confirmed place or going to apply soon?
I applied earlier this year, suppose to join the July 2010 intake but did not due to work commitments. Have paid deposit and deferred to start in Jan 2011.

Quite nervous on what to expect (in terms of work volume and assignment expectations). Was a top student in poly but returned many things back to teacher - and I'm not taking a related degree. :s22:

I'm taking BSc Marketing.
Reading through other threads, I'm still rather 'lost' on all the procedures on the different modules and such. :eek:

Hoping to know more schoolmates before school starts!

Btw, I'm staying at Punggol and will leave for classes from Punggol (back come back to Punggol). So maybe we can start a carpool or something too.

Hope that the modules won't 'kill' me!
 

Laguna123

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2005
Messages
95,160
Reaction score
29,665
Hi!
Anyone got a confirmed place or going to apply soon?
I applied earlier this year, suppose to join the July 2010 intake but did not due to work commitments. Have paid deposit and deferred to start in Jan 2011.

Quite nervous on what to expect (in terms of work volume and assignment expectations). Was a top student in poly but returned many things back to teacher - and I'm not taking a related degree. :s22:

I'm taking BSc Marketing.
Reading through other threads, I'm still rather 'lost' on all the procedures on the different modules and such. :eek:

Hoping to know more schoolmates before school starts!

Btw, I'm staying at Punggol and will leave for classes from Punggol (back come back to Punggol). So maybe we can start a carpool or something too.

Hope that the modules won't 'kill' me!

u got nothing to worry since u r a top student from poly.:s8: UniSim is like poly, grp project/individual assignment/exam.
 

auldreay

Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2005
Messages
413
Reaction score
0
u got nothing to worry since u r a top student from poly.:s8: UniSim is like poly, grp project/individual assignment/exam.

Thing is.... so long nvr study... I'm at the other end of being a student... I'm a teacher! hahaha!

And with age comes old brains that can't remember info very well...
Plus work and family commitments.

Hubs is not someone who can help me too.... zzzzzzz.....

Plus I'm a super blur queen... Worried I may totally forget to register for modules! HAHAHAH!!
 

zeroex

Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 21, 2001
Messages
5,078
Reaction score
0
Just curious, what do u teach?

in other courses, esp the SASS languages courses, a lot of the students are also teachers or MOE related jobs.
 

auldreay

Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2005
Messages
413
Reaction score
0
I'm teaching Secondary school but decided not to take related course as I have no intention of staying on.
Finally got support from family to do something different :) Something I may enjoy more :)
 

hyrule

Master Member
Joined
Oct 26, 2001
Messages
2,838
Reaction score
0
If you are top student in poly why didn't you apply for NUS or NTU part time? Any reason?
 

auldreay

Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2005
Messages
413
Reaction score
0
NUS & NTU part time courses take too long to finish (when I applied & went for interview, they said it's a 5yr program).
Plus they are not like UniSIM whereby there's no attendance taking.
For part time, UniSIM more flexi la. Easier for working adults.
 

auldreay

Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2005
Messages
413
Reaction score
0
Forgot to mention, their part time programs only have limited options.
Also, it depends on intake. Must wait till they got enough students before they open the class.
 

eddy1564

Member
Joined
Sep 11, 2008
Messages
162
Reaction score
0
anyone else taking same program as me, ie. Bachelor of Communication?
i'm nervous plus excited. graduated from TP in 2002. Thats 8 years of non-academic reading/studying activity in my brain. hopefully there's still room for knowledge absorption. I can't wait till they ask me to select my modules for the 1st semester...
 

auldreay

Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2005
Messages
413
Reaction score
0
@auldreay - i got in for Jan2011 intake as well. but i'm taking Bachelor in Communications. I believe we have a few similar modules though we're in different program. Too bad i'm staying in cck....

have you paid a $500 upfront course fees yet?

I paid the $500 in April this year. Was suppose to be Jul10 intake buy I defer due to work.
 

auldreay

Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2005
Messages
413
Reaction score
0
anyone else taking same program as me, ie. Bachelor of Communication?
i'm nervous plus excited. graduated from TP in 2002. Thats 8 years of non-academic reading/studying activity in my brain. hopefully there's still room for knowledge absorption. I can't wait till they ask me to select my modules for the 1st semester...

I was also from TP!
School of Applied Science :)
 

auldreay

Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2005
Messages
413
Reaction score
0
Was at ITAS from 2002-2005, then went on to NIE.
Now ITAS canteen is air-conditioned!

Did AFSN.
 

eddy1564

Member
Joined
Sep 11, 2008
Messages
162
Reaction score
0
Was at ITAS from 2002-2005, then went on to NIE.
Now ITAS canteen is air-conditioned!

Did AFSN.

LOL! i feel so old now. my matrix card number begins from 98XXXXXX. so you came in after i grad. i know about the ITAS canteen. Lucky them these days. I almost took AFSN as i took F&N for my O's. So looks like we're gonna be school mates, this time around during the same term....LOL!
 

eddy1564

Member
Joined
Sep 11, 2008
Messages
162
Reaction score
0
Sorry i cleared my PM inbox. You can resend your PM.

Also, no - Believe me, you don't want to hear me sing.

is it the modules tough for BComm? how many CUs did you clear during your first semester? is 20 CUs too ambitious?
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top