UniSIM July 2013 intake

gerlene

Junior Member
Joined
Jan 9, 2013
Messages
18
Reaction score
0
Hi, anyone deciding to take BSc Business or BSc Human Resource Management?
 

Gaara1989

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 6, 2007
Messages
7,166
Reaction score
515
Hi. I might be taking bsc business.

Any1 can cfm the course duration? And also the total course fee? I see in the website is about 14k after subsidy. Plus my psea account got 4.5k. After minus riao shld be less than 10k overall.

Are there any hidden charges? Thanks in advance
 

gerlene

Junior Member
Joined
Jan 9, 2013
Messages
18
Reaction score
0
according to their FAQs, it states:

Undergraduate Programmes
A basic undergraduate degree programme usually takes 3 to 4 years. The actual duration would vary depending on the number of credit units or courses you choose to pursue in each semester. You have up to 8 years candidature to complete an undergraduate degree. On the average, most UniSIM students take 4.5 years to complete a basic degree and 6 years for honours degree.

so i guess minimum 3 years?
 

Rykielicious

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 12, 2008
Messages
1,202
Reaction score
0
Hi!

I'm going to send in an application to apply for the Human Resource Management Degree by UniSIM.

Can anyone let me know if they have managed to secure a place with a private diploma with working experience?

I've written in to their student recruitment and they told me to give it a try with my qualifications.
 

mamborol

Member
Joined
Feb 8, 2004
Messages
452
Reaction score
0
Applied communication degree last dec, received provision offer email today. Paid 500 to secure a place.
 

Keri_Lee

Member
Joined
Jun 3, 2008
Messages
167
Reaction score
0
hi,

just to do a check.. is e curriculum plan a mandatory to follow thru?

any one steered away frm e plan?

sry, tis question is a bit weird.

thanks!
 

gerlene

Junior Member
Joined
Jan 9, 2013
Messages
18
Reaction score
0
Hi!

I'm going to send in an application to apply for the Human Resource Management Degree by UniSIM.

Can anyone let me know if they have managed to secure a place with a private diploma with working experience?

I've written in to their student recruitment and they told me to give it a try with my qualifications.

Is it necessary to have HR working experiences in order to take this course?
Anyone knows?
 

Xmeniac

Junior Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2013
Messages
13
Reaction score
0
Hi everyone,

I registered to HWZ just to be able to reply to this forum. Anyway, I applied for BA in Social Work last September for the Jan 2013 intake but did not get in. Instead, they offered me a provisional offer for the Jul 2013 intake. I accepted it and paid the $500. Now just waiting for them to close application and send me a final offer.

Hi. I might be taking bsc business.

Any1 can cfm the course duration? And also the total course fee? I see in the website is about 14k after subsidy. Plus my psea account got 4.5k. After minus riao shld be less than 10k overall.

Are there any hidden charges? Thanks in advance

Course duration for a basic degree is 3 years. For honours degree, it is 4 years but you can take up to 8 years to finish your course.

For course fees, yes, you will have to be around $10k after offsetting your PSEA. Please take note that using PSEA is by reimbursement basis, meaning you have to pay your course fees first and then, MOE will reimburse you. I emailed them regarding this and got this reply:

"To use PSEA funds, applicants will have to pay their course fees first. Thereafter, submit the PSEA form together with the official receipt to UniSIM. UniSIM will collate all PSEA submission and forward to MOE for processing. Upon approval, refund will be made to you and this process takes few months."

To my understanding, the course fees you paid includes materials, text books and exam fees so you wouldn't have to more.

hi,

just to do a check.. is e curriculum plan a mandatory to follow thru?

any one steered away frm e plan?

sry, tis question is a bit weird.

thanks!

The curriculum plan is a recommended plan and it is not mandatory. You can take the modules in whichever order you want but some modules have pre-requisites i.e. level 2 modules can only be taken after completing level 1 modules. There are some modules which are recommended to be taken together too. All modules have their "expiry" date so it is better to plan your modules for the whole 3-4 years before choosing them.

Is it necessary to have HR working experiences in order to take this course?
Anyone knows?

I don't think so but you might want to call/email them. Some courses have an admission interview though they did not state on their website. Mine has.

On another note, anyone here planning to take SW or is currently studying it? :o

Does anyone know once I confirm my course, whether I can quit my full-time job and take up a part-time job? Will they check/expel me if I do that? Since it is a requirement to be working full-time or has 2 years working experience. I completed my 2 years NS but I am not sure if it counts. Thank you!
 

wayne_foong

Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2011
Messages
361
Reaction score
0
Dun worry la. The school is clean. No hidden charges. The charges u need to foresee is booming transport cost to school to work to home lo.

Hi. I might be taking bsc business.

Any1 can cfm the course duration? And also the total course fee? I see in the website is about 14k after subsidy. Plus my psea account got 4.5k. After minus riao shld be less than 10k overall.

Are there any hidden charges? Thanks in advance
 

wayne_foong

Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2011
Messages
361
Reaction score
0
No need but its good to have cos u will be value adding to ur career with what u are studying. If at the moment u r not working in that field, its okay. But do pls have a clearer goal in mind n not for the sake of studying ok.
Is it necessary to have HR working experiences in order to take this course?
Anyone knows?
 

wayne_foong

Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2011
Messages
361
Reaction score
0
You may steer at ease with peace if u select fundamental mods first. Like they always say we shud learn to crawl then to walk n maybe fly. Some mods may be linked. So u have to read backgrnd of mod first. And i think got quota. So have to fast hand fast leg chope ur seat. Jia you!

hi,

just to do a check.. is e curriculum plan a mandatory to follow thru?

any one steered away frm e plan?

sry, tis question is a bit weird.

thanks!
 

wayne_foong

Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2011
Messages
361
Reaction score
0
If u fit the criterias, just go and try! Nvr try nvr know! Jia you!

Hi!

I'm going to send in an application to apply for the Human Resource Management Degree by UniSIM.

Can anyone let me know if they have managed to secure a place with a private diploma with working experience?

I've written in to their student recruitment and they told me to give it a try with my qualifications.
 

BroadBear

Master Member
Joined
May 6, 2005
Messages
3,019
Reaction score
0
Hi people, I need your advice. If I do not have relevant background what are my chances of admission to a non-relevant course? Example studied engineering and in engineering job but applying for business
 

geekboy

Banned
Joined
Jan 26, 2002
Messages
28,392
Reaction score
2,199
Hi people, I need your advice. If I do not have relevant background what are my chances of admission to a non-relevant course? Example studied engineering and in engineering job but applying for business

They don't really care. It's a good way to have a fresh start, sort of.
 

wayne_foong

Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2011
Messages
361
Reaction score
0
mm gan yiu, nevermind! Just try! Diversification!

Hi people, I need your advice. If I do not have relevant background what are my chances of admission to a non-relevant course? Example studied engineering and in engineering job but applying for business
 

wasabi89

Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2009
Messages
229
Reaction score
0
Hi people, I need your advice. If I do not have relevant background what are my chances of admission to a non-relevant course? Example studied engineering and in engineering job but applying for business

I think they will just look at your GPA. I was previously from IT and i got accepted in psychology with business.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top