Unpleasant Experience in Hardwarezone Forum

andrew_

Junior Member
Joined
May 5, 2013
Messages
13
Reaction score
0
Firstly, I would like to apologize for creating this clone account as my previous official account named thehkx was banned by the Hardwarezone Administrator and I had no choice but to create this account to express my unhappiness.

On 3 May 2013 at about 9.50pm, my account named thehkx => (http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/users/475253/) received a total of 21 infraction points due to reason of Unsolicited Content (Commercial solicitation / Ads / Referrals / Spam). The followings are my affected thread.

  1. http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/e...b-no-camera-3rd-gen-4105777.html#post74027408
  2. http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/electronics-bazaar-259/wts-capitavoucher-4172331.html#post75415189
  3. http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/garage-sales-18/wts-capitavoucher-4172333.html#post75415197
  4. http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/e...kitty-optical-mouse-4196114.html#post75919526
  5. http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/g...kitty-optical-mouse-4196111.html#post75919477
  6. http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/g...kitty-optical-mouse-4196113.html#post75919516
  7. http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/e...ple-case-iphone-5-a-4196082.html#post75918658

If you were to ask me, I do feel that I am a good seller on hardwarezone forum. When I posted an item online, I will do my best to provide accurate information needed by buyer such as reason for selling, item conditions, pictures, online reviews, price, contact number and dealing place. This will reduce all the hassle during dealing.

Throughout the two years, all the experiences I encountered were positive and I sold quite a number of my personal item at good price. And after each single deal, I would receive appreciation message from buyers and they told me that they are glad to purchase item from me. This further encourages me to provide my best service whenever I close a deal.

If any buyer who bought item from me felt that I am not the person described above, please bring the item to me and I will refund you double the amount to compensate the unhappy experience you encountered.

Yes, I do agree with the administrators that I violated the forum rules for posting the same item across different sub-forums. However, I really felt that the items I sold can be categorized at those different sub-forums and this will help me to expose the items to more different kind of users. Although I created multiple threads, I do understand that I shouldn’t spam my thread. Therefore, I will only bump my thread the most once per day, or sometimes even once a week. Am I considered a spammer? Do you think I deserve to be banned? I will let public to be the judge.

Besides that, the first three threads I mentioned above were closed on 1 March 2013 and 13 April 2013 respectively. However, I still receive 9 infraction points on that. Obviously, I shouldn’t receive any penalties since the threads were closed. Since your administrator made mistakes, should I “award” him the infraction points as well?

Just do a search on your forum and you will find out that there are so many sellers who sell fake items, aeroplane dealers or even shop owners who try to run business on forum without using the hardwarezone premium account. Why don’t you take action on them instead of targeting small user like me? If you are not able to identify them, employ me as your administrator and I will do the job for you.

Lastly, after reading the whole wall of texts and you still feel that I am talking nonsense, please continue to ban my account. I am fine with that. However, I would be deeply appreciated if you could remove my old account thehkx => (http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/users/475253/) and delete all the selling thread made by thehkx. It is because all those threads still contain my contact information and the items which might be sold. I do not wish to mislead other users.

You have the right to ban my account and I have the right to remove all my personal information left at Hardwarezone Forum as well. Please let me know if you find my request ridiculous.

Your understanding and help are deeply appreciated. Thank you.
 

lyfeforce

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2006
Messages
18,532
Reaction score
30
Firstly, I would like to apologize for creating this clone account as my previous official account named thehkx was banned by the Hardwarezone Administrator and I had no choice but to create this account to express my unhappiness.

On 3 May 2013 at about 9.50pm, my account named thehkx => (http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/users/475253/) received a total of 21 infraction points due to reason of Unsolicited Content (Commercial solicitation / Ads / Referrals / Spam). The followings are my affected thread.

  1. WTS: iPod Touch 32GB (No Camera) 3rd Gen - www.hardwarezone.com.sg
  2. WTS: CapitaVoucher - www.hardwarezone.com.sg
  3. http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/garage-sales-18/wts-capitavoucher-4172333.html#post75415197
  4. WTS: BNIB Original Hello Kitty Optical Mouse - www.hardwarezone.com.sg
  5. http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/g...kitty-optical-mouse-4196111.html#post75919477
  6. WTS: BNIB Original Hello Kitty Optical Mouse - www.hardwarezone.com.sg
  7. WTS: BNIB Griffin Protector Purple Case for iPhone 5 - www.hardwarezone.com.sg

If you were to ask me, I do feel that I am a good seller on hardwarezone forum. When I posted an item online, I will do my best to provide accurate information needed by buyer such as reason for selling, item conditions, pictures, online reviews, price, contact number and dealing place. This will reduce all the hassle during dealing.

Throughout the two years, all the experiences I encountered were positive and I sold quite a number of my personal item at good price. And after each single deal, I would receive appreciation message from buyers and they told me that they are glad to purchase item from me. This further encourages me to provide my best service whenever I close a deal.

If any buyer who bought item from me felt that I am not the person described above, please bring the item to me and I will refund you double the amount to compensate the unhappy experience you encountered.

Yes, I do agree with the administrators that I violated the forum rules for posting the same item across different sub-forums. However, I really felt that the items I sold can be categorized at those different sub-forums and this will help me to expose the items to more different kind of users. Although I created multiple threads, I do understand that I shouldn’t spam my thread. Therefore, I will only bump my thread the most once per day, or sometimes even once a week. Am I considered a spammer? Do you think I deserve to be banned? I will let public to be the judge.

Besides that, the first three threads I mentioned above were closed on 1 March 2013 and 13 April 2013 respectively. However, I still receive 9 infraction points on that. Obviously, I shouldn’t receive any penalties since the threads were closed. Since your administrator made mistakes, should I “award” him the infraction points as well?

Just do a search on your forum and you will find out that there are so many sellers who sell fake items, aeroplane dealers or even shop owners who try to run business on forum without using the hardwarezone premium account. Why don’t you take action on them instead of targeting small user like me? If you are not able to identify them, employ me as your administrator and I will do the job for you.

Lastly, after reading the whole wall of texts and you still feel that I am talking nonsense, please continue to ban my account. I am fine with that. However, I would be deeply appreciated if you could remove my old account thehkx => (http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/users/475253/) and delete all the selling thread made by thehkx. It is because all those threads still contain my contact information and the items which might be sold. I do not wish to mislead other users.

You have the right to ban my account and I have the right to remove all my personal information left at Hardwarezone Forum as well. Please let me know if you find my request ridiculous.

Your understanding and help are deeply appreciated. Thank you.

Hi andrew_,

You were infracted for spamming your WTS sales threads across all the forums. It wasn't about your integrity as a seller but that you did not follow the rules of the forum.

http://deluxeforums.hardwarezone.co...etplace-forums-rules-regulations-1875295.html

These rules apply to all Marketplace forums and have been stickied there as well. And I believe these are not the first infractions you got for similar offences.

If you want, we can delete those threads so that the others don't get misled, as you say. But the account will remain banned as it did accumulate infractions.

If above-mentioned threads are the ones to be deleted, we will proceed to remove them as you asked.

Regards.
 
Last edited:

andrew_

Junior Member
Joined
May 5, 2013
Messages
13
Reaction score
0
Hi lyfeforce,

Thank you for your quick response. I would prefer if my whole acount thehkx (http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/users/475253/) to be removed as that particular account still contains my personal information which I do not want hardwarezone to own it and I do not wish to receive any newsletter from hardwarezone anymore. Probably you can add my old account username to be your "special" list, so that the username can't be used to create another account. It is just a simple task and I am sure hardwarezone forum should have this function.

By the way, when I ticked the "I have read and agree to the Member Terms and Conditions" last time, I remembered clearly the terms and conditions didn't state my personal information will belong to SPH after creating a hardwarezone account (only giving permission to access my personal information). Since you are the administrator, you have the right to ban my old account and prevent others from creating account using my old username. However, at the same time, I should have the right to retrieve all my personal information since I am no longer a part of hardwarezone forum anymore. Please correct me if I am wrong.

If it is not possible due to the forum limitation, please kindly help me to delete all the following threads:

  1. http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/g...magic-hat-rabbit-plush-toy-music-4166711.html
  2. http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/m...protector-purple-case-iphone-5-a-4196087.html
  3. http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/e...protector-purple-case-iphone-5-a-4196082.html
  4. http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/e...iginal-hello-kitty-optical-mouse-4196114.html
  5. http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/g...iginal-hello-kitty-optical-mouse-4196113.html
  6. http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/t...endentals-visual-basic-textbooks-4192535.html
  7. http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/g...-calculus-visual-basic-textbooks-4039537.html
  8. http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/g...61/wts-bnib-original-c-l-i-f-dvd-4119496.html
  9. http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/gaming-bazaar-258/wts-brand-new-iahgames-starter-kit-3885585.html
  10. http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/e...ed-old-generation-ipod-usb-cable-3555974.html
  11. http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/e...ded-multi-media-stereo-headphone-3184808.html

Your kindness is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Regards,
Andrew
 

lyfeforce

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2006
Messages
18,532
Reaction score
30
Hi lyfeforce,

Thank you for your quick response. I would prefer if my whole acount thehkx (http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/users/475253/) to be removed as that particular account still contains my personal information which I do not want hardwarezone to own it and I do not wish to receive any newsletter from hardwarezone anymore. Probably you can add my old account username to be your "special" list, so that the username can't be used to create another account. It is just a simple task and I am sure hardwarezone forum should have this function.

By the way, when I ticked the "I have read and agree to the Member Terms and Conditions" last time, I remembered clearly the terms and conditions didn't state my personal information will belong to SPH after creating a hardwarezone account (only giving permission to access my personal information). Since you are the administrator, you have the right to ban my old account and prevent others from creating account using my old username. However, at the same time, I should have the right to retrieve all my personal information since I am no longer a part of hardwarezone forum anymore. Please correct me if I am wrong.

If it is not possible due to the forum limitation, please kindly help me to delete all the following threads:

  1. http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/g...magic-hat-rabbit-plush-toy-music-4166711.html
  2. http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/m...protector-purple-case-iphone-5-a-4196087.html
  3. http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/e...protector-purple-case-iphone-5-a-4196082.html
  4. WTS: BNIB Original Hello Kitty Optical Mouse - www.hardwarezone.com.sg
  5. WTS: BNIB Original Hello Kitty Optical Mouse - www.hardwarezone.com.sg
  6. WTS: Calculus Late Transcendentals and Visual Basic Textbooks - www.hardwarezone.com.sg
  7. WTS: Calculus and Visual Basic Textbooks - www.hardwarezone.com.sg
  8. WTS: BNIB Original 警徽天职 C.L.I.F. DVD - www.hardwarezone.com.sg
  9. WTS: Brand New IAHGames Starter Kit - www.hardwarezone.com.sg
  10. WTS: Original Unused Old Generation of iPod USB Cable - www.hardwarezone.com.sg
  11. WTS: Brand New Sealed Australia Branded Multi-Media Stereo Headphone - www.hardwarezone.com.sg

Your kindness is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Regards,
Andrew

Hi Andrew,

Just to clear up a few misconceptions.

1. I'm not an administrator, just a senior moderator.
2. We do not permanent ban an account unless there's a valid reason to do so. You may let the account expire on its own.
3. No one can create an account using that old name but we cannot prevent anyone from creating an account with a similar name.
4. Your personal information are not for anyone to see unless you have posted on your threads. We can remove those threads. The personal information is only accessed at times of dispute for accountability. Otherwise, it's secure.

I've also removed the threads that you have requested so.

Good day.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top