UOB ONE Account

Alannxs

Junior Member
Joined
May 1, 2014
Messages
31
Reaction score
0
I just signed up for the One account and cc and one of their staff told me I can arrange my 3 bills to be paid via GIRO AND One cc, which would allow me to fulfill both the 3 bills requirement as well as adding to my $500 cc spend.

Is this true? I thought GIRO means straight from your bank account balance?
 

wts2013

Banned
Joined
Apr 6, 2013
Messages
2,780
Reaction score
0
I just signed up for the One account and cc and one of their staff told me I can arrange my 3 bills to be paid via GIRO AND One cc, which would allow me to fulfill both the 3 bills requirement as well as adding to my $500 cc spend.

Is this true? I thought GIRO means straight from your bank account balance?

If u giro to cc u get rebate n help clock the $500 min spend, in addition u need 3 giros to your UOB1 account to get additional bonus interest
 

zoossh

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2000
Messages
86,114
Reaction score
18,848
If u giro to cc u get rebate n help clock the $500 min spend, in addition u need 3 giros to your UOB1 account to get additional bonus interest

In essence, giro the big sum bills to cc to clock the spending. Giro the small bills or cc bills to uob1 account.

Pitfalls to watch out

1. Knowing Bill cycle vs spending quarters vs statement date
2. Knowing Pro rated quota of first billing month
3. Avoid transactions near end of billing cycle
4. Aware of actual transaction date vs posting date
5. Aware of cc bill cycle different from account mthly spend
6. Watch out for reversed transactions
7. Aware that giro application takes 6-10 weeks
8. Aware that giro may fail due to various reasons
9. Aware of min sum for uob1 acc from oct onwards
10. Aware uob well known for clawing back

Hope he doesn't get burn...
 

galapogos

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
Aug 30, 2000
Messages
30,098
Reaction score
42
If u giro to cc u get rebate n help clock the $500 min spend, in addition u need 3 giros to your UOB1 account to get additional bonus interest

Or you can just credit your salary into the UOB One account, then you don't need the 3 GIRO transactions.
 

twinbaby

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 8, 2014
Messages
5,466
Reaction score
1,531
Hi there,

1) I just purchase an UOB insurance with UOB one account.

They have already deducted the premium from my bank account not through Debit or Credit card. Is there any benefit added?

2) If I use UOB credit card to top up my prepaid Imagine Amex Master card is there still a benefit of 3.33% rebate?
 

js_1189

Junior Member
Joined
May 29, 2015
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
Hi, sorry to post another question after the last post. I'm a late started and just got my One a/c and card recently. But I'm quite confused by how they work.

So my first cc statement came dated 13 Sep for all the spending 1-13 Sep. I wanted to change the statement date to coincide with calendar month but wasn't able to do so earlier (was busy with work and put off calling).

So finally after the statement date I called (didn't see the statement so I thought still had chance) but anyway, managed to change the date to 2nd of the month.

As informed by the officer, my statement period are as follows.
1 to 12 Sep - 1st
13 Sep to 2 Nov - 2nd
3 Nov to 2 Dec - 3rd

So then I asked how much do I have to spend to (1) qualify for the rebate and (2) qualify for the bonus interest. But I think it was too difficult to work out and the officer couldn't give me a definite answer. Just wondering if anybody here had been thru a similar issue. My guess is as follows.

For (2).
Spend about $200 for 1st (12/30*500)
Spend about $850 for 2nd (~51/30*500);
Spend $500 for 3rd.

For (1), since it is for calendar month, I would have to make sure I spend $500 in the month of Sep (1-30 Sep) and then $500 in the month of Oct (1-31 Oct) etc.

Anyway, I don't think I can meet the bonus interest for Sep 15 since my giro payments are still in process (just sent out this week) but if I'm not wrong, the bonus interest is by calendar month and quarter so for Oct & Nov it won't be affected.

Please correct me if my guesses above are wrong. Advice is greatly appreciated :) Thanks.
 

wts2013

Banned
Joined
Apr 6, 2013
Messages
2,780
Reaction score
0
Hi, sorry to post another question after the last post. I'm a late started and just got my One a/c and card recently. But I'm quite confused by how they work.

So my first cc statement came dated 13 Sep for all the spending 1-13 Sep. I wanted to change the statement date to coincide with calendar month but wasn't able to do so earlier (was busy with work and put off calling).

So finally after the statement date I called (didn't see the statement so I thought still had chance) but anyway, managed to change the date to 2nd of the month.

As informed by the officer, my statement period are as follows.
1 to 12 Sep - 1st
13 Sep to 2 Nov - 2nd
3 Nov to 2 Dec - 3rd

So then I asked how much do I have to spend to (1) qualify for the rebate and (2) qualify for the bonus interest. But I think it was too difficult to work out and the officer couldn't give me a definite answer. Just wondering if anybody here had been thru a similar issue. My guess is as follows.

For (2).
Spend about $200 for 1st (12/30*500)
Spend about $850 for 2nd (~51/30*500);
Spend $500 for 3rd.

For (1), since it is for calendar month, I would have to make sure I spend $500 in the month of Sep (1-30 Sep) and then $500 in the month of Oct (1-31 Oct) etc.

Anyway, I don't think I can meet the bonus interest for Sep 15 since my giro payments are still in process (just sent out this week) but if I'm not wrong, the bonus interest is by calendar month and quarter so for Oct & Nov it won't be affected.

Please correct me if my guesses above are wrong. Advice is greatly appreciated :) Thanks.

1. When was your card approved, ie expiry mth/yr? My guess Aug?
2. U received your first statement date 13 Sept, can u check at bottom of statement, it shld state your qualifying quarters. My guess Aug 13, Sept 13 , Oct 13?
3. If above are correct and u did not change the statement date, u shld spend $500 by Sept 13, and $500 by Oct 13 to get 2/3 of rebates. If u failed to charge $500 by Sept 13, u only get 1/3 of rebates if u meet it in next mth cycle.
4. To earn bonus interest on UOB1 account, u shld spend $500 each calendar mth, so manage your charges to your card to achieve that.
5. Since u changed the statement date, u must meet the min spend for card by Nov 2 to earn the rebate. This delays your opportunity to earn the new rebates, ie if u did not change the statement date, u can start earning new rebates from Oct 14.
6. Pls call hotline to double confirm above.
 

edwinttt1978

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 13, 2013
Messages
7,078
Reaction score
31
1. When was your card approved, ie expiry mth/yr? My guess Aug?
2. U received your first statement date 13 Sept, can u check at bottom of statement, it shld state your qualifying quarters. My guess Aug 13, Sept 13 , Oct 13?
3. If above are correct and u did not change the statement date, u shld spend $500 by Sept 13, and $500 by Oct 13 to get 2/3 of rebates. If u failed to charge $500 by Sept 13, u only get 1/3 of rebates if u meet it in next mth cycle.
4. To earn bonus interest on UOB1 account, u shld spend $500 each calendar mth, so manage your charges to your card to achieve that.
5. Since u changed the statement date, u must meet the min spend for card by Nov 2 to earn the rebate. This delays your opportunity to earn the new rebates, ie if u did not change the statement date, u can start earning new rebates from Oct 14.
6. Pls call hotline to double confirm above.

Upon calling the hotline, this complex scenario will most likely end up as a case of the blind leading the blind, both huddling, cuddling and falling into the longkang.
 

js_1189

Junior Member
Joined
May 29, 2015
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
Thanks for the reply! :)

1. My card was approved in Sep. Expiry 09/20. I applied for the card on 30 if I recall correctly
2. I checked the credit card statement, it didn't mention the qualifying quarters.. Only the usual like statement date, amounts, due date etc :/
3. I guess that means I definitely miss the Sept one because by 13 Sep I only spent like $290.
4. Ok, have to keep track on that.
5. I'm a bit confused by the delayed rebate. Do you mind explaining further pls?
6. I did asked the officer when my qualifying quarter would be. I was told Sep, Oct, Nov. So Sep is already over. But from 13 Sep to 2 Nov is the "second month" and 3 Nov to 2 Dec is the "third month"

The officer sounded like he wasn't very sure. So yeah, edwinttt1978 may be right.. The first officer I spoke to just told me I couldn't change the statement date because my statement already issued. I asked a few times cause I thought maybe one month shorter then regularise is ok but he just kept saying no.

I can only conclude it's quite a confusing scheme if the officers can't even explain clearly :/

1. When was your card approved, ie expiry mth/yr? My guess Aug?
2. U received your first statement date 13 Sept, can u check at bottom of statement, it shld state your qualifying quarters. My guess Aug 13, Sept 13 , Oct 13?
3. If above are correct and u did not change the statement date, u shld spend $500 by Sept 13, and $500 by Oct 13 to get 2/3 of rebates. If u failed to charge $500 by Sept 13, u only get 1/3 of rebates if u meet it in next mth cycle.
4. To earn bonus interest on UOB1 account, u shld spend $500 each calendar mth, so manage your charges to your card to achieve that.
5. Since u changed the statement date, u must meet the min spend for card by Nov 2 to earn the rebate. This delays your opportunity to earn the new rebates, ie if u did not change the statement date, u can start earning new rebates from Oct 14.
6. Pls call hotline to double confirm above.
 

bunn85

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 8, 2006
Messages
1,052
Reaction score
11
Is it possible to satisfy the 3 x giro on one account through 3x ATU flashpay deduction using the direct debit card?

It should be giro deduction and link to uob one account?

Thank you very much
 
Last edited:

naro

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2002
Messages
14,671
Reaction score
8
Is it possible to satisfy the 3 x giro on one account through 3x ATU flashpay deduction using the direct debit card?

It should be giro deduction and link to uob one account?

Thank you very much

You can try and let us know.
 

frustrateddude

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 4, 2012
Messages
1,638
Reaction score
0
Thanks for the reply! :)

1. My card was approved in Sep. Expiry 09/20. I applied for the card on 30 if I recall correctly
...
6. I did asked the officer when my qualifying quarter would be. I was told Sep, Oct, Nov. So Sep is already over. But from 13 Sep to 2 Nov is the "second month" and 3 Nov to 2 Dec is the "third month"

...:/

i would like to reiterate :

The expiry date(month) on the cc does not reflect your start month- the month indicates month the card is approved..
Instead the starting month should be based on "Card Opened Month"(month when u apply)-
in your case -Aug (30th and hence 13aug to 12Sep)

hopes this gives some light to new applicants
 

wts2013

Banned
Joined
Apr 6, 2013
Messages
2,780
Reaction score
0
Thanks for the reply! :)

1. My card was approved in Sep. Expiry 09/20. I applied for the card on 30 if I recall correctly
2. I checked the credit card statement, it didn't mention the qualifying quarters.. Only the usual like statement date, amounts, due date etc :/
3. I guess that means I definitely miss the Sept one because by 13 Sep I only spent like $290.
4. Ok, have to keep track on that.
5. I'm a bit confused by the delayed rebate. Do you mind explaining further pls?
6. I did asked the officer when my qualifying quarter would be. I was told Sep, Oct, Nov. So Sep is already over. But from 13 Sep to 2 Nov is the "second month" and 3 Nov to 2 Dec is the "third month"

The officer sounded like he wasn't very sure. So yeah, edwinttt1978 may be right.. The first officer I spoke to just told me I couldn't change the statement date because my statement already issued. I asked a few times cause I thought maybe one month shorter then regularise is ok but he just kept saying no.

I can only conclude it's quite a confusing scheme if the officers can't even explain clearly :/

ok, u applied for the card after Aug 9, so only new rebates apply to u. Just checked my statements, qualifying periods only shown in the second mth statement. So suggest u wait for second mth statement to confirm your qualifying periods if hotline cannot give u a definite answer. Last time I called, the cso was very good in explaining to me how it works.

I changed my mind in changing the statement date, so managed to get them to stop the change in time, so my statement date is 12th of each mth, then I can earn the rebates earlier which is only 2/3 and start the new quarter earlier.
 

Yo2020

Master Member
Joined
Jun 1, 2007
Messages
3,714
Reaction score
0
i would like to reiterate :

The expiry date(month) on the cc does not reflect your start month- the month indicates month the card is approved..
Instead the starting month should be based on "Card Opened Month"(month when u apply)-
in your case -Aug (30th and hence 13aug to 12Sep)

hopes this gives some light to new applicants

based on clause 2 in the t&c, it is basing on the issue date of the card. i think "Card Opened Month" also means issue date, not the card application date. ;)

so, for him, it shld b Sep-Nov, n the officer is correct. :D
 
Last edited:

Yo2020

Master Member
Joined
Jun 1, 2007
Messages
3,714
Reaction score
0
Just checked my statements, qualifying periods only shown in the second mth statement. So suggest u wait for second mth statement to confirm your qualifying periods if hotline cannot give u a definite answer.
not necessary in the 2nd statement, it can b the 3rd (in my case). i believe the qualifying mths will only show in the statemt issued immediately after the qualifying mths (when there is award).

in his case, unlikely on the 2nd statemt dating 2 Nov. it shld b on the 3rd statemt dating 2 Dec. ;)
 

frustrateddude

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 4, 2012
Messages
1,638
Reaction score
0
based on clause 2 in the t&c, it is basing on the issue date of the card. i think "Card Opened Month" also means issue date, not the card application date. ;)

so, for him, it shld b Sep-Nov, n the officer is correct. :D

Based on your analysis,
he will get his rebate in Dec statement (time will tell)
My cc has expiry date 09/18 printed
guess wat is my cycle?
 
Last edited:

edwinttt1978

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 13, 2013
Messages
7,078
Reaction score
31
not necessary in the 2nd statement, it can b the 3rd (in my case). i believe the qualifying mths will only show in the statemt issued immediately after the qualifying mths (when there is award).

in his case, unlikely on the 2nd statemt dating 2 Nov. it shld b on the 3rd statemt dating 2 Dec. ;)

For maiden spenders, the qualifying month clause seems to appear on the 4th statement when there is a credit of Quarterly Rebate. The clause will then be perpetually reflected in subsequent statements even though there is no credit of Quarterly Rebate.

Personal experience: Nov 14 statement had no such clause; Dec 14 statement showed the clause and Quarterly Rebate.

(My case is a bit special because I did not use UOB ONE card for more than a year. In August 2014, UOB dangled a $50 voucher, a limited edition card and invited me to use the card. It was an excellent move by UOB because from then on, it has been at least $800/month charged to the card. That limited edition card was really limited because it expired in 3 months.)
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top