UOB ONE Account

i1magic

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 11, 2002
Messages
22,366
Reaction score
117
Yup much clearer now :) Just to be even clearer, it is not just any 3 consecutive month but need to be 3 months of the qualifying quarter. Qualifying quarter depends on the card opened month.

My cashback on the Citibank Dividend MasterCard are :

Sep 2015 - $77.56
Oct 2015 - $60.00
Nov 2015 - $50.00

Actually, I get cashback every month, so I didn't bother that much about it also. But after reading this, think my cashback will drop. From the trend over the last 3mths, it seems so.

So I may want to switch.
 

Cumzilla

Master Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2002
Messages
3,365
Reaction score
216
how to check from UOB internet banking the GIRO status? Only can see this GIRO arrangement option to add new biller organisation
 

dayowl

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2009
Messages
83
Reaction score
0
i din managed to have 3 giro as one cc spending is below 10. Can bill payment count as one giro?
thanks
 

potNPan

Member
Joined
Jun 1, 2010
Messages
472
Reaction score
5
I have a few questions about the GIRO condition.

Can my UOB credit card(s) count to the three transaction requirement?

To set up the GIRO arrangement do I have to fill up and mail the billing organisations their form or is there anyway in the banking portal to do it? I'm still waiting for my 2FA token to come.

At this time I'm planning to pay my POSB, Citibank and Standchart card bills with GIRO. These forms are correct right? I can't find one for POSB.
https://www.sc.com/sg/useful-forms/en/_pdf/application-form-for-card-giro.pdf
https://www.citibank.com.sg/global_docs/prod/cc_giro.pdf
 

hmyoth

Master Member
Joined
Jul 28, 2004
Messages
2,519
Reaction score
1,280
If u want to GIRO ur UOB credit card bill , take note that the date can be different. Oct bill due date is 31 Oct but for Nov bill the due date is 1 Dec. So Nov I only have 2 GIRO transaction.
 

frustrateddude

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 4, 2012
Messages
1,638
Reaction score
0
If u want to GIRO ur UOB credit card bill , take note that the date can be different. Oct bill due date is 31 Oct but for Nov bill the due date is 1 Dec. So Nov I only have 2 GIRO transaction.

someone suggested to change 28th as the due date for the cc.
 

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2015
Messages
23,331
Reaction score
1,206
i din managed to have 3 giro as one cc spending is below 10. Can bill payment count as one giro?
thanks
If you mean bill payment via ibanking then not counted. Must fill up form and complete giro application and giro payment successfully triggered to count
 

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2015
Messages
23,331
Reaction score
1,206
I have a few questions about the GIRO condition.

Can my UOB credit card(s) count to the three transaction requirement?

To set up the GIRO arrangement do I have to fill up and mail the billing organisations their form or is there anyway in the banking portal to do it? I'm still waiting for my 2FA token to come.

At this time I'm planning to pay my POSB, Citibank and Standchart card bills with GIRO. These forms are correct right? I can't find one for POSB.
https://www.sc.com/sg/useful-forms/en/_pdf/application-form-for-card-giro.pdf
https://www.citibank.com.sg/global_docs/prod/cc_giro.pdf

Must fill up form and send to billing organization. Can giro to pay to uob credit card. You can search for general giro form that you can use for any billing organisation
 

dayowl

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2009
Messages
83
Reaction score
0
u mean charged to your uob debit card linked to uob one account? then yes, hahaha

"Earn up to 2% p.a. interest when you spend S$500 monthly on your UOB One Card and/or UOB Direct Visa Debit Card."

hi, what about paying other banks credit card bills at AXS machine, using uob debit card to pay. Does this count towards $500 spending?
 

Cumzilla

Master Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2002
Messages
3,365
Reaction score
216
From personal experience it is a LOT faster if you go to the actual organization and use their forms instead of the UOB form.

Took me only about a week to switch my town council and insurance payments instead of the 4-6 weeks UOB was quoting.

When I did my tax GIRO it showed as active on UOB ibanking but not to IRAS so the tax officer had to do the switch for me too.

actually applying thru IB quite fast, the IRAS income tax got approved the next day and i double confirmed from IRAS portal, the giro bank already changed to UOB but they will recalculate the installments. A pity only IRAS and HDB ones can apply online..
 

dayowl

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2009
Messages
83
Reaction score
0
I am short of one giro for dec. What is the fastest way to change the iras giro to UOB?
thanks
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top