UOB ONE Account

jayjay0702

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 19, 2011
Messages
1,590
Reaction score
278
Nope. Doesn't sound right
I also have the same hunch. But pretty sure it’s not a scam call, just wondering what it’s all about that can beat risk-free rate. I ask the person on the other side of the call and the person said can’t say more over the phone because PDPA but set up an appointment and meet at a branch
 

maumu

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 22, 2000
Messages
11,830
Reaction score
2,777
I also have the same hunch. But pretty sure it’s not a scam call, just wondering what it’s all about that can beat risk-free rate. I ask the person on the other side of the call and the person said can’t say more over the phone because PDPA but set up an appointment and meet at a branch
lol... confirm is to ask you to pump your funds into some endowment plan or buy some investment product.

typical tactic by bankers... their first act is to lure/tempt you to go to branch.
 

vsvs24

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2018
Messages
11,357
Reaction score
3,713
I also have the same hunch. But pretty sure it’s not a scam call, just wondering what it’s all about that can beat risk-free rate. I ask the person on the other side of the call and the person said can’t say more over the phone because PDPA but set up an appointment and meet at a branch
Since when PDPA means cannot discuss over the phone ?
 

sglandscape

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2023
Messages
6,153
Reaction score
2,973
I also have the same hunch. But pretty sure it’s not a scam call, just wondering what it’s all about that can beat risk-free rate. I ask the person on the other side of the call and the person said can’t say more over the phone because PDPA but set up an appointment and meet at a branch
Ask if it's a plain vanilla deposit account, if end up not say not interested. Don't think any plans can beat the UOB One interest for now.
 

jayjay0702

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 19, 2011
Messages
1,590
Reaction score
278
lol... confirm is to ask you to pump your funds into some endowment plan or buy some investment product.

typical tactic by bankers... their first act is to lure/tempt you to go to branch.
I had exactly the same thing in mind. I asked what product is it, do I have to put in fresh funds, any lock up, the person insisted is change my UOB one account???

In any case I managed to CSI who the person was. Holding a position of Personal Wealth Executive. Knn confirm is want to sell me product
 

ChrisL82

Member
Joined
May 16, 2020
Messages
120
Reaction score
17
Ask if it's a plain vanilla deposit account, if end up not say not interested. Don't think any plans can beat the UOB One interest for now.
Yep. Is a typical tactic.
I kena a number of times, they are trying to sell you UT/ investments etc.
 

Vincent_G

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2007
Messages
1,158
Reaction score
18
I also have the same hunch. But pretty sure it’s not a scam call, just wondering what it’s all about that can beat risk-free rate. I ask the person on the other side of the call and the person said can’t say more over the phone because PDPA but set up an appointment and meet at a branch
For sure, endowment plan or some investment linked that has high rewards to the "banker". It is getting so desperate nowadays. If it is better than UOB one account, for sure the product will be on fire in this forum or those "influencers".
 

tinsel77

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2007
Messages
814
Reaction score
86
Going to be a new to bank customer and open an UOB One acct to take advantage of the 4% pa. When is it the best time to open the account online? Is it Friday so that i can also earn the $138 cash? Any other promo i am missing out? Anyone knows if i should open the acct on Friday midnight since there is a limit to the number of ppl who can earn the $138 cash?
Thanks
 

sglandscape

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2023
Messages
6,153
Reaction score
2,973
Going to be a new to bank customer and open an UOB One acct to take advantage of the 4% pa. When is it the best time to open the account online? Is it Friday so that i can also earn the $138 cash? Any other promo i am missing out? Anyone knows if i should open the acct on Friday midnight since there is a limit to the number of ppl who can earn the $138 cash?
Thanks
Don't bank on the first xyz customers opening promo. Instead join this

https://forms.uob.com.sg/personal/save/salary-credit.html
 

waterpighead

Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2023
Messages
226
Reaction score
50
Curious - for those who participated in the Lunar New Yr Pot of Gold Promotion and deposited the money in Jan 2025, has it been earmarked? Thks!

​

 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top