UOB visa signature

Daniel.Winn

Member
Joined
Jan 11, 2012
Messages
214
Reaction score
0
Cardmembers will earn 1 UNI$ for every S$5 spent on all transactions, which is equivalent to 0.5% cash rebate. Cardmembers will earn 10 UNI$ for every S$5 spent on transactions in foreign currencies, which is equivalent to 5% cash rebate, subject to a minimum foreign currencies spend of S$1,000 per statement period.

I don't get this statement in bold. Even if they derive that 0.5% by using brand specific voucher like Hugo boss $100 voucher, it will be about 0.42~0.43%

My take on percentage is (based on Takashimaya $100 voucher)

1 UNI$ or 1 DBS Points = 0.33%
3 DBS Points = 1.0x %
4 UNI$ or 4 DBS Points = 1.3x ~ 1.5x%
10 UNI$ or 10 DBS Points = 3.33%

Is my assumption correct?

Note: I don't mean UNI$ and DBS points have same value. I juz balance it for easy reference. Some vouchers use lesser points in UOB than DBS. On the other hand, some vouchers in DBS offer less points than UOB.
 

zumaba

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 4, 2012
Messages
2,436
Reaction score
43
I don't get this statement in bold. Even if they derive that 0.5% by using brand specific voucher like Hugo boss $100 voucher, it will be about 0.42~0.43%

My take on percentage is (based on Takashimaya $100 voucher)

1 UNI$ or 1 DBS Points = 0.33%
3 DBS Points = 1.0x %
4 UNI$ or 4 DBS Points = 1.3x ~ 1.5x%
10 UNI$ or 10 DBS Points = 3.33%

Is my assumption correct?

Note: I don't mean UNI$ and DBS points have same value. I juz balance it for easy reference. Some vouchers use lesser points in UOB than DBS. On the other hand, some vouchers in DBS offer less points than UOB.

yup. I also got the sense that the reward is around 0.33% by voucher. where got such thing as 0.5% / 5% cash rebate?
 

hwmook

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 12, 2002
Messages
25,387
Reaction score
1,786
UOB Visa signature can redeem UNI$ 2000 for $50, what do you guys think Suleyman and I were talking about on the 1st page of the thread?
 

Daniel.Winn

Member
Joined
Jan 11, 2012
Messages
214
Reaction score
0
UOB Visa signature can redeem UNI$ 2000 for $50, what do you guys think Suleyman and I were talking about on the 1st page of the thread?

Oh..My mistake. I overlooked that part.. So, UOB is referring to that particular redemption only.
 

hwmook

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 12, 2002
Messages
25,387
Reaction score
1,786
Oh..My mistake. I overlooked that part.. So, UOB is referring to that particular redemption only.

Yes, the one that beat all the rewards points redemption for vouchers. That's why i am asking whether i can redeem my UNI$ from other cards using this Visa signature. I already request for the card already, let me test the system.
 

swordspirit

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 29, 2007
Messages
6,059
Reaction score
173
Yes, the one that beat all the rewards points redemption for vouchers. That's why i am asking whether i can redeem my UNI$ from other cards using this Visa signature. I already request for the card already, let me test the system.

Look bad to me. Need spend 2.5k on privi miles for $50? Which is 2%. If one going for rebate, there will be better choice of card for non specific spending.
 

hwmook

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 12, 2002
Messages
25,387
Reaction score
1,786
Look bad to me. Need spend 2.5k on privi miles for $50? Which is 2%. If one going for rebate, there will be better choice of card for non specific spending.

Pls show me which credit card give you 2% rebate for no conditions spending. UOB One need min $300 and if you overspend for certain months, you can get below 2%. Manhattan give as low as 0.5%, DBS altitude give 1% in voucher value. ANZ give 1.4miles which if use for cash redemption is no more than 0.7%. I hope you can prove me wrong, show me a card that can give you 2% cash for no min monthly spend with no additional conditions.
 

Daniel.Winn

Member
Joined
Jan 11, 2012
Messages
214
Reaction score
0
Yes, the one that beat all the rewards points redemption for vouchers. That's why i am asking whether i can redeem my UNI$ from other cards using this Visa signature. I already request for the card already, let me test the system.

This cash rebate can be deducted from CC bill?

If your test is successful, combine this card with UOB PPV will be great... 3%~5% cash rebate with no restriction (if I use PPV for petrol). :)
I don't buy stuffs from overseas. So, will never hit $1k on this signature card. So, no need to think about Petrol 10x UNI$ already. :(
 

dreamyboy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 5, 2003
Messages
10,405
Reaction score
1
All charges including online, card not present transactions are counted as long as it's charged in foreign currencies right? Not bad if go on long holiday and book hotel rooms online + some physical spending there.
 

Daniel.Winn

Member
Joined
Jan 11, 2012
Messages
214
Reaction score
0
Yes, the one that beat all the rewards points redemption for vouchers. That's why i am asking whether i can redeem my UNI$ from other cards using this Visa signature. I already request for the card already, let me test the system.

Hi bro hwmook, have you tested this already? :)
 

hwmook

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 12, 2002
Messages
25,387
Reaction score
1,786
Hi bro hwmook, have you tested this already? :)

Never received the card yet. Freaking slow, already more than a week, must call them to whine? I was thinking of bringing it to Thailand next week, maybe cannot get it in time.
 

purpletoysmum

Senior Member
Joined
May 9, 2013
Messages
1,830
Reaction score
0
Never received the card yet. Freaking slow, already more than a week, must call them to whine? I was thinking of bringing it to Thailand next week, maybe cannot get it in time.

Mine took almost 2 weeks. Call them up to confirm that it's been posted. If not posted, ask them to send by courier as they had promised you delivery in 5 working days.
 

Daniel.Winn

Member
Joined
Jan 11, 2012
Messages
214
Reaction score
0
Never received the card yet. Freaking slow, already more than a week, must call them to whine? I was thinking of bringing it to Thailand next week, maybe cannot get it in time.

Oh... When I applied for PPV, it took about 4-5 working days only.
 

Suleyman

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 26, 2004
Messages
2,217
Reaction score
48
Same, all my previous UOB cards reach within 1 week. Seem like this card take extra long time to make....

Mine was approved in a day and I got the card about 3 days later. I applied through Internet. Did you do that? Maybe faster... :p
 

hwmook

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 12, 2002
Messages
25,387
Reaction score
1,786
Mine was approved in a day and I got the card about 3 days later. I applied through Internet. Did you do that? Maybe faster... :p

I just leave my no. for UOB to call me back. They just confirm with me and tell me will mail the card to me. :s22:
 

purpletoysmum

Senior Member
Joined
May 9, 2013
Messages
1,830
Reaction score
0
Yes, the one that beat all the rewards points redemption for vouchers. That's why i am asking whether i can redeem my UNI$ from other cards using this Visa signature. I already request for the card already, let me test the system.

hmwook will test and update us if it can be done!
 

hwmook

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 12, 2002
Messages
25,387
Reaction score
1,786
My UOB Visa Signature finally show up online so i guess it should up in my mailbox in 2 days time, just nice for me to bring it overseas for some spending. :D
 

frustrateddude

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 4, 2012
Messages
1,638
Reaction score
0
Anyone asked UOB unix$ gained from other cards can be used for redemption using the Visa Signature card?
 

The_Davis

High Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2001
Messages
152,272
Reaction score
14,921
can i get the card, get the rebate ($50) and transfer between cards? ie. transfer back to PPV?
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top