Urgent Taiwan VISA Help!

expositox

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2012
Messages
2,179
Reaction score
0
Hello! I'm currently in Taipei, but my Mum's in SG because her passport is left with 5 months 25 days validity (5 days past 6 months requirement).

May I know what does she need to do such that she can arrive ASAP? Does she need to visit Taiwan embassy or ICA? What are the fees involved?

Any help would be appreciated. I understand that today is Sunday so the offices will be close.

I flew here first without her cos it was a hasty decision made. We were only notified of the validity issue right before boarding the plane. My flight home is 6 days later.

Thanks in advance! :)
 

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 13, 2010
Messages
42,718
Reaction score
737
And seriously, this oversight, unless she can get it done in one day at ICA sans your assistance.
 

dingsss

Junior Member
Joined
Oct 2, 2007
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
Too late for your mom. She needs a passport renewal at the ica which takes about 2-3 weeks for the new passport to be issued. Buy her some souvenirs yar, there's always next time.
 

beanstalk6

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
May 15, 2000
Messages
10,034
Reaction score
1,920
She looks certain to miss this trip. Nothing that the Taiwanese can do. She has to have a her passport renewed at ICA, and I doubt she can get it done before you come home. Perhaps she can visit Level 2 at ICA to make an urgent request for the Passport Officer, bringing all the tickets, itinerary, bookings etc. No guarantee, I think.
 

Maggiech

Junior Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2017
Messages
17
Reaction score
0
I ever make new passport in one day as urgent. Can go down (person making passport n go as early as possible) personally with photos ready to renew in one day jus explain ur situation.
 

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 13, 2010
Messages
42,718
Reaction score
737
I ever make new passport in one day as urgent. Can go down (person making passport n go as early as possible) personally with photos ready to renew in one day jus explain ur situation.

I believe can do.
But for an old folk to do this on their own, rather intimidating.
Doubt will be as successful.
Even for my mum to board the plane on her own and meet me on the other end, she's also not going to do so.
Rather miss the trip.
 

Laneige

Honorary Member
Joined
Dec 21, 2009
Messages
114,958
Reaction score
16,712
I believe can do.
But for an old folk to do this on their own, rather intimidating.
Doubt will be as successful.
Even for my mum to board the plane on her own and meet me on the other end, she's also not going to do so.
Rather miss the trip.

Which airline
I feel sq can arrange for someone to guide her in airport?
For passport , take pics then go down early
There's a hotline to call also? But guess must prepare to burn many hrs there.
 

ApeTruelove

Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2009
Messages
7,138
Reaction score
2,081
Hi, you can try calling Taiwan immigration for advice. Normally Airline does that before deciding whether to accept pax
 

figo16

Banned
Joined
Dec 6, 2010
Messages
26,844
Reaction score
5,418
Depends on country. That time I go hk with 3 months validity.no questions asked. Try asking tw immigration
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top