USA car rental CDW

mmchaisi

Member
Joined
Oct 16, 2017
Messages
250
Reaction score
0
Any use and/or can recommend an insurance policy which covers full CDW car rental in the US?

I'm going to be doing a few rentals and the additional CDW coverage offered by the rental companies can add up to quite a bit.
 

addats

Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2005
Messages
438
Reaction score
0
So far I have only come across Alamo that includes all the insurance in its price. If you interested can pm me.
 

crayonstar

Member
Joined
Apr 18, 2013
Messages
290
Reaction score
22
CDW fees add up crazy fast. What worked for me was getting a travel credit card that includes CDW insurance (I use the Chase Sapphire Preferred), and just making sure to decline the rental company’s coverage when I book. But you definitely have to read the fine print and make sure it covers luxury or exotic vehicles if you're renting those.

I’ve used a rental from this service in NYC where the rates felt fair even when factoring in coverage. They’ve got a good setup where I didn’t run into any surprise fees. You can check it out here: https://realcar.nyc/.
 
Last edited:

ceecookie

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 26, 2006
Messages
22,623
Reaction score
899
Any use and/or can recommend an insurance policy which covers full CDW car rental in the US?

I'm going to be doing a few rentals and the additional CDW coverage offered by the rental companies can add up to quite a bit.
Can try rentalcover.com

I used it to cover my 5-6k excess for rental tesla in NZ. For usa, my rental always come with cdw inside the pricing by default.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top