Vietnam

lestervan

Reaction score
4-star hotel I think try http://traveltovietnam.com/ lor. just choose "Lodging class" 4 star and there you go, the ones in Dist. 1 are right in the center. Recommend Rex Hotel http://traveltovietnam.com/booking/lodging/detail.asp?LodgingID=133&Province=Ho+Chi+Minh
since my company often chooses it.

Erm.. regarding the sinhcafe tours, I am not very sure, any1 here used to book tours from this one can confirm for him? Yes this sinhcafe is right in the hotel area. Anyway, if you stay in 4-start hotel, I think you can book tour through them, more convenient.

For sing air promotion, its right on their website as I just check:
http://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_UK/content/local/SG/promo_fares/v07_sgn.jsp

Cab from airport to center easy to get, going out of airport you will see, same as Changi. Cost is about $8 to Ben Thanh market, and hotels nearby.

If going to other provinces is not convenient for you, can try these places in HCMC:
- Cu Chi tunnel, its in the countryside, mostly about history, you will be able to try the tunnel also but its not convenient for you since kid cant I guess. So basically just to know the place.
- Binh Quoi tourist village, about 1 hour taxi, I often go there having south special buffet (at weekends), can fishing there, sometimes got boat traveling along Saigon river at night. Not very sure there is always buffet and these events, you ask the hotel reception to check for you first.
http://www.binhquoiresort.com.vn/
Taxi cost I think around $20 to $30 one way.
- Yellow Scorpion: dun scared, its just a name :D, can read some info of it here:
http://english.vietnamnet.vn/travel/2006/08/607229/
This one not really familiar to travelers, but very familiar to locals, relax and peaceful place. There is not official website about it yet, so going this place at your own, get taxi go there and explore. Must try "chicken cooked in a jar" if you go there, I love it and so eager to try it again next week soon :D. Cost for taxi about $20 to $30 one way.
- Kid maybe interested in these parks:
http://www.suoitien.com.vn/new_index.asp
http://www.damsenpark.com.vn/English/
Their websites quite slow so be patient. So much infos about it that I got no time to tell. Beside Damsen Park got Damsen water park also interesting.
- Historical places within HCMC, I not interested in these things so any1 here can help?

Last edited:

tunge80

Reaction score
buzzmario said:
is 5 day 4 night in HCMC too long, can get to another place? but need to consider that my 3 year old tadding along.

I did a 5D 4N too... it was just nice cos i did a couple of day tours to Cu Chi tunnel and Mekong Delta. with a 3yr kid might be a bit challenging cos the traffic there is very busy, so crossing must be careful. but think nothing much to do for a 3yr old lah.

tunge80

Reaction score
jqpooling said:
so shouldnt change money in singapore? change a little of dong? the bulk change in jewelly shops and banks in vietnam?? later attract attaction from strangers.....?
yeah no point changing to Dong in Singapore. maybe change some USD (since USD vs SGD now is good) to pay for taxi to ur hotel. should cost abt 5 USD. bring SGD u can leave a portion in the hotel safe and change some first. when run out than change again like what i did. in my opinion is better to pay in Dong. but of course try not to keep excess dong cos it'll be useless bring back to SGD.

i spent abt 350 SGD there.

skilled

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
its no exactly useless to bring back unless you really think ur not goin back at all.

change 10USD and change to VND just after custom clearance. should be quite enough for your ride to hotel.

belgarathc

Reaction score
buzzmario said:
if i book the local tour via sinhcafe, where is the pick out point of the tour, they come to the hotel to ppick you up or need to go to thier office to be pick up? by the way, is this sinhcafe near to the hotel area?

any one know the wed site for th sing air promotion?

thanks
they should pick you up at your hotel, at least, that's how it works for the local tours which i joined.

tunge80

Reaction score
buzzmario said:
if i book the local tour via sinhcafe, where is the pick out point of the tour, they come to the hotel to ppick you up or need to go to thier office to be pick up? by the way, is this sinhcafe near to the hotel area?

any one know the wed site for th sing air promotion?

thanks
U can also book the tour direct from ur hotel (which i did for one of my tour) n pick up is from hotel but at the end of the tour they'll just drop u at the tour agency.

If u book from Sinhcafe, the coach departs from Sinhcafe so gotta meet there but U can arrange with them to pick u up at ur hotel and send u to sinhcafe to take the coach for extra 1USD to ur tour package. in my opinion it's cheaper to just take a taxi down to Sinhcafe yourself. but then one advantage would be when u come back, u'll take the chartered car back from the tour site instead of the coach. which means u get back faster and can get the driver to drop u anywhere if u intend to go straight for shopping instead of hotel.

Last edited:

takuyazzz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
where are the more well known places to shop in vietnam?

saigonblack

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Quan Ngon, recommended restaurant

dsc00065du2.jpg

dsc00170sy4.jpg

Bikes galore!

dsc00135rg7.jpg

saigonblack

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Vung Tau, view on top of the hill top at the statue of Jesus, some 782 steps up.

dsc00262ps0.jpg

dsc00274uy6.jpg

dsc00260bb4.jpg

saigonblack

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Saigon Centre, and nice lanterns that I bought after seeing. Bought 10 in fact, still sitting in my cupboard unfixed :s13:

dsc00344fa0.jpg

dsc00350ns0.jpg

dsc00349ak5.jpg

takuyazzz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
wow the laterns very cool...Ben Thanh Market sell wat one? is it like chatuchak?

YelloGorilla

Reaction score
Hi there, had contacted Lestervan in fact and i'm going to HCMC this coming Sat. Feel free to pm me, might be able to meet there for some Vietnamese coffee and cuisines. :)

kiama

Master Member
Reaction score
are internet cafes easily found in HCM city? what are the per hour rates like?

Techadd

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
there are lots of coffee houses that provide free wifi service in saigon city, internet charges per hourly is average VND2000-3000 which equates to about 0.20-0.30 cent sin.. :D

Techadd

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
takuyazzz said:
wow the laterns very cool...Ben Thanh Market sell wat one? is it like chatuchak?

sell just about everything u can imagine.. :D
but you shud go there during morning and daytime when it is open for business. it close by 5:30pm and there really isn;t much to see or buy during the night time where the surrounding is usually transformed into an open eatery..

NTB2DO

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I also went to Vietnam for the 1st time last June--joined a Spore tour agent. I particularly like this place: DALAT. Be forewarned that the bus journey there from HCM could take up to 8hrs! Quite a torture.. But once I was there, I hv no regrets!

I was staying in this 'Golf3' hotel which is located just next to their city centre market. Early in the morning when I look out of the window I could see crowds of people moving in to do business. It feels so nostalgic and yet so vibrant! Then you also get to enjoy the cool fresh air, the beautiful gardens with colourful flowers, fresh local products etc...

This place is simply lovely!

Techadd

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
NTB2DO said:
I also went to Vietnam for the 1st time last June--joined a Spore tour agent. I particularly like this place: DALAT. Be forewarned that the bus journey there from HCM could take up to 8hrs! Quite a torture.. But once I was there, I hv no regrets!

I was staying in this 'Golf3' hotel which is located just next to their city centre market. Early in the morning when I look out of the window I could see crowds of people moving in to do business. It feels so nostalgic and yet so vibrant! Then you also get to enjoy the cool fresh air, the beautiful gardens with colourful flowers, fresh local products etc...

This place is simply lovely!

yup, Dalat is a favourite destination for local honeymooners as well.

Go there during the strawberry season and you pay the farmer 5bucks and pick as many strawberries as you can eat :D

NTB2DO

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
skilled said:
should try Na Trang..

What so special abt this place? Actually I hv enjoyed my trip to Vietnam and I don't mind going again..

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.